Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

13 hours ago, TWP said:

Oh, it already surfaced? nice, thanks for sharing.

Anyone know what source material it's based on? The hangar on the background doesn't ring any bells to me either :/

Too bad they still are not printing the back sides of the droid body's.

I found it interesting how this droid is R3-M2 and the one in the Death Star is R3-M3

IMG_2331.PNG

13 hours ago, TWP said:

In the advent calendar, what you assume is a FO snowtrooper, isn't that just a RO (hover)tank pilot? It looks much more like one of those to me, and would also be a lot more welcome :grin:

Nope. The trooper on the AC has white hands, the helmet, and the two points at the bottom of the mask. It's also on star killer base so....

Also the advent calendar is a preliminary image and not the final product. I don't think santa BB-8 will be just standard BB-8 with a Santa hat, there has to be some sort of printing change (red and green decals?). Remember that in the prelims of the 2015 calendar the Hoth trooper had a tan coloured outfit and it was a CW R2-D2.

33 minutes ago, ResIpsaLoquitur said:

I am not getting the freakouts over the Advent Calendar.  I'm not.  I've gotten every SW Advent Calendar since 2011 and they all have two things in common: army builders and microbuilds.  On the army builders, I've always appreciated that the calendars are a (relatively) cheap source of minifigs that are often too expensive to buy elsewhere. I wouldn't have a Scout Trooper, for example, if it hadn't been for the AC, because I sure wasn't going to buy the Ewok Village set.  So I'm OK that this comes with a FO Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper and stuff that's been available elsewhere.  I haven't been going nuts on TFA sets, so I'm glad to see them inexpensively released elsewhere.  I'm also glad that we're getting a non-OT/PT calendar for once.

I realize that people desperately want something more than BB-8 with a hat.  I say: give it time.  This is the first calendar we've gotten since 2011 that's not OT or Prequel themed.  It took six years--SIX--for us to get a nice set of unique figures (Yoda, Maul, Jango, Vader, C-3PO, and Chewie). And hey, 2015's calendar came with a very standard R2-D2 whose only distinguishing feature was a set of antlers.  I can live with BB-8 with a hat.  We'll get other Santa figures, like Kylo Ren or Phasma, in time.  Be patient.

I wouldn't say people are freaking out over it, but all previous Advent Calenders have included 1-2 brand new minifigures - not just Yoda/Maul/Jango/C-3PO/Vader in Santa Suits but also the Snowman R2, Christmas Tree Astromech, White Chewie, Silver Protocol Droid and Young Boba Fett. While its too early to tell whether BB-8 and the Resistance Officer/Major Brance will have new printing or not, the set will naturally be disapointing if it breaks the trend and ends up only including recycled minifigures.

It also comes down to personal preference on who the recycled minifigures are. For me its great to have the new Imperial Officer available at an affordable price, but I don't really have any need for another Unkar's Thug or more FO Snowtroopers. Even the FO Stormtrooper isn't that appealling knowing its also coming in a Battlepack the same wave and likely the Episode 8 sets too. Previous calenders have included minifigures that are of better use for my collection such as the Ewok, Jawa, Hoth Trooper, Geonosian, Bespin Guard, Astromechs etc but again each individual fan is different and it all boils down to personal taste and what they collect.

24 minutes ago, wesker said:

I wouldn't say people are freaking out over it, but all previous Advent Calenders have included 1-2 brand new minifigures - not just Yoda/Maul/Jango/C-3PO/Vader in Santa Suits but also the Snowman R2, Christmas Tree Astromech, White Chewie, Silver Protocol Droid and Young Boba Fett. While its too early to tell whether BB-8 and the Resistance Officer/Major Brance will have new printing or not, the set will naturally be disapointing if it breaks the trend and ends up only including recycled minifigures.

It also comes down to personal preference on who the recycled minifigures are. For me its great to have the new Imperial Officer available at an affordable price, but I don't really have any need for another Unkar's Thug or more FO Snowtroopers. Even the FO Stormtrooper isn't that appealling knowing its also coming in a Battlepack the same wave and likely the Episode 8 sets too. Previous calenders have included minifigures that are of better use for my collection such as the Ewok, Jawa, Hoth Trooper, Geonosian, Bespin Guard, Astromechs etc but again each individual fan is different and it all boils down to personal taste and what they collect.

Correction--2011 only had one unique minifigure: Santa Yoda.  This year's "Santa" was effectively white Chewbacca.  The only other "unique" figure this year was U-3PO, although that was welcome, of course.

3 hours ago, ResIpsaLoquitur said:

Correction--2011 only had one unique minifigure: Santa Yoda.  This year's "Santa" was effectively white Chewbacca.  The only other "unique" figure this year was U-3PO, although that was welcome, of course.

Thats why I said 1-2 minifigures instead of just 2. :wink:

9 hours ago, LordLEGOtube said:

Nope. The trooper on the AC has white hands, the helmet, and the two points at the bottom of the mask. It's also on star killer base so....

Also the advent calendar is a preliminary image and not the final product. I don't think santa BB-8 will be just standard BB-8 with a Santa hat, there has to be some sort of printing change (red and green decals?). Remember that in the prelims of the 2015 calendar the Hoth trooper had a tan coloured outfit and it was a CW R2-D2.

Yeah I agree with you, still it's too bad :/

I don't collect TFA sets so therefore have no interest in those minifigs... should I still buy a calendar and sell off the minifigs that i don't want? Could buy OT figs in place of that, tbh, so think i'm going to do that then :P

Did some googling, and here are the dates for the upcoming Toy Fairs:

London: 24-26 Jan

Nuremberg: 1-6 Feb

New York: 18-21 Feb

We should have set descriptions from London, some pics/videos from Nuremberg, and detailed pictures from New York. It's highly likely that Lego will omit the Ep 8 sets, given the past 2 years with TFA and RO.

4 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

Did some googling, and here are the dates for the upcoming Toy Fairs:

London: 24-26 Jan

Nuremberg: 1-6 Feb

New York: 18-21 Feb

We should have set descriptions from London, some pics/videos from Nuremberg, and detailed pictures from New York. It's highly likely that Lego will omit the Ep 8 sets, given the past 2 years with TFA and RO.

Thanks, was just looking for them!

On 21/01/2017 at 1:56 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

Why must LEGO make all previously rare star wars figures SO accessible now? 

Also, I cannot find the link on reddit...

I struggled also, go onto reddit lego leaks and search 'TomFlanders' in the reddit searchbar, its towards the bottom of a series of new set images including elves etc.

51 minutes ago, jonnypanic2000 said:

An icy Mon Calamari - one of Admiral Raddus' team - would have been nice, and very apt for the wintry theme.  I just don't get some of the calendar choices.

Yeah since those were Mon Calamori from Mon Calas North Pole region they were sort of northern Northern  Mon Calamari they'd be perfect for Advent Calendar. But hey we only saw 14 of 24 builds/minifigures we can still get one of those aliens!

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Yeah since those were Mon Calamori from Mon Calas North Pole region they were sort of northern Northern  Mon Calamari they'd be perfect for Advent Calendar. But hey we only saw 14 of 24 builds/minifigures we can still get one of those aliens!

Is...is that written in English or have I lost my mother tongue?

Anyway, London toyfare is on the 24th, i.e Tuesday? Wonder what we've got incoming, much too soon for episode 8 leaks

6 minutes ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

Is...is that written in English or have I lost my mother tongue?

Anyway, London toyfare is on the 24th, i.e Tuesday? Wonder what we've got incoming, much too soon for episode 8 leaks

It got too hard to explain.  Basically I was trying to say that grey Mon Calamari are northern subspecies and therefore would fit  perfectly in Advent Calendar .

From memory last years advent gave us a Snow Chewie, U-3PO, plus (slightly) new variants of the Bespin guard and Hoth trooper. We've had figures as lazy as this BB8 before (R2 with antlers and Santa Clone) but each time they have been secondary to the main figure (Santa 3PO and Santa Vader respectively). With BB8 making the front cover I have no doubt he will be the main event for this calendar, and the box set looks pretty final and I doubt it's a prelim.

^ I agree. Let's all hope his round body gets a festive new paint job, say to resemble a tree ornament. I could probably get behind something like that. 

On 22/1/2017 at 1:36 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

I found it interesting how this droid is R3-M2 and the one in the Death Star is R3-M3

R3-M3 is blue!

Not quite on topic, but we can now update all references to Ep. VIII sets to Last Jedi sets. 

It's already come up from when this was first spotted in Romania. I can't remember may 4 figures getting leaked in shops 16 weeks beforehand. Most likely a promo series.

I don't see it being a May the 4th fig. More like a 'normal' promo you get with a, let's say, 55 euro Star Wars purchase.