Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Just now, LL924 said:

It's grey.  Unfortunately. 

Why must LEGO make all previously rare star wars figures SO accessible now? 

Also, I cannot find the link on reddit...

30 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Because they want to sell toys to kids so they can recreate scenes with their favorite characters, and not because they want to create a rare collector's item for the few people that care about exclusivity.  

I'm pretty happy about it because I'm getting back into Lego SW and trying to get all the major characters new.

2 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

To answer your question, ask why they should not? If they can sell the more expensive sets to filthy rich people they can also sell the more affordable sets to the less affluent people. 

If you can't find the link, it will be circulated in Facebook sooner or later. 

On the advent calendar-- while we have not seen the entire lineup yet it's also fair to say TLG has always put the highlight of the advent calendar on the cover so I highly doubt there is more interesting minifigure left to be revealed.

4 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

"All previously rare Star Wars figures"? I don't see them re-releasing Jango Fett with the old mould, any of the chrome figs, or any of the Cloud City figs. So, it's definitely not all. And when they do, it's good for everyone. If you don't have the fig yet, great, now you can have it. And if you do, why should you care, unless you like knowing that a figure you own isn't owned by other people (which wouldn't be nice to your fellow collectors)?

Regarding the advent calendar, I'm disappointed by the "special" Christmas figure, if that's a regular BB-8. Maybe they think it's special because of the snowboard and the hat? I hope there's some special printing on the figure, because otherwise it's just lazy. :look:

Edited by BrickHat

10 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

"All previously rare Star Wars figures"? I don't see them re-releasing Jango Fett with the old mould, any of the chrome figs, or any of the Cloud City figs. So, it's definitely not all. And when they do, it's good for everyone. If you don't have the fig yet, great, now you can have it. And if you do, why should you care, unless you like knowing that a figure you own isn't owned by other people (which wouldn't be nice to your fellow collectors)?

2 hours ago, makoy said:

To answer your question, ask why they should not? If they can sell the more expensive sets to filthy rich people they can also sell the more affordable sets to the less affluent people. 

4 hours ago, TheRacker said:

Because they want to sell toys to kids so they can recreate scenes with their favorite characters, and not because they want to create a rare collector's item for the few people that care about exclusivity.  

I'm pretty happy about it because I'm getting back into Lego SW and trying to get all the major characters new.

4 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

He was clearly being ironic, look what he's replying to. 

50 minutes ago, LordLEGOtube said:

He was clearly being ironic, look what he's replying to. 

I'm sorry... I wasn't. Modern Grey Imperial Officers have only appeared in 75055 previously. 

Edited by VaderFan2187

finally a regular imperial officer is becoming accessible, I was hoping the microfighter krennic's shuttle would include it, but no, not even the new Death star included one! we need tones of these guys, like dozens at least.

For me, Advent Calendar is pretty good. I love that it's from TFA and RO. I don't have BB-8, so I like that you can get him in a cheap way.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

In the advent calendar, what you assume is a FO snowtrooper, isn't that just a RO (hover)tank pilot? It looks much more like one of those to me, and would also be a lot more welcome :grin:

And is it just me, or does it look like that the BB8 is riding a SW-printed snowboard? :D

Edited by TWP

6 minutes ago, H3ssian said:

Jangbricks just did a review today for the R2 polybag

<snip>

Oh, it already surfaced? nice, thanks for sharing.

Anyone know what source material it's based on? The hangar on the background doesn't ring any bells to me either :/

Too bad they still are not printing the back sides of the droid body's.

Edited by TWP

1 hour ago, markw said:

I'm pretty sure this is a rogue one fig

Ya it is. I looked up the character and it came in a Rogue One Astromech pack. 

26 minutes ago, DarthHank said:

Is the Imperial officer in the advent calendar exactly the same as the one in the most recent ISD?

Yes, it looks to me that it is.

10 hours ago, TWP said:

In the advent calendar, what you assume is a FO snowtrooper, isn't that just a RO (hover)tank pilot? It looks much more like one of those to me, and would also be a lot more welcome :grin:

And is it just me, or does it look like that the BB8 is riding a SW-printed snowboard? :D

I think the shape on BB8's board is simply the other of the two studs.  So the front of the box shows 13 of the 24 figures/builds only if my calculations are correct, leaving another 11, I'm looking forward to seeing the remainder on Wednesday.

I'm going to the London toy fair this week and hope to get as much information as possible (barring photographs).  Any requests for specifics?

Edited by Brickr

7 minutes ago, Brickr said:

I think the shape on BB8's board is simply the other of the two studs.  So the front of the box shows 13 of the 24 figures/builds only if my calculations are correct, leaving another 11, I'm looking forward to seeing the remainder on Wednesday.

I'm going to the London toy fair this week and hope to get as much information as possible (barring photographs).  Any requests for specifics?

Info on the sets we haven't seen images of.

Quadjumper, etc...

10 minutes ago, Brickr said:

Any info on the ucs sets this year :) and are we going to get another Barge, asking due to the new skiff this year coming out.... and the other sets bounty hunters,quad etc etc :D :D look forward to the info

58 minutes ago, Brickr said:

I know mini-figs are place holder but if you could get the names of all 4 figs in the Bounty Hunter battle pack it would be greatly appreciated. 4-LOM is more likely to be included than Zuckuss but any info would be great.

Your thoughts on the freemakers sets would also be nice, as they sadly are the biggest sets :pir-murder:

1 hour ago, Brickr said:

The figs in Obi Wan jedi starfighter and the clone included in the republic tank please!

1 hour ago, Brickr said:

All/any specs or names of the figures from all the sets if that's possible 

Whatever you can gather, fine sir. Don't feel pressed into looking into every nook and cranny of each set for us here. If you spot anything of note, report back, but don't feel pressured into finding everything out for us.

I am not getting the freakouts over the Advent Calendar.  I'm not.  I've gotten every SW Advent Calendar since 2011 and they all have two things in common: army builders and microbuilds.  On the army builders, I've always appreciated that the calendars are a (relatively) cheap source of minifigs that are often too expensive to buy elsewhere. I wouldn't have a Scout Trooper, for example, if it hadn't been for the AC, because I sure wasn't going to buy the Ewok Village set.  So I'm OK that this comes with a FO Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper and stuff that's been available elsewhere.  I haven't been going nuts on TFA sets, so I'm glad to see them inexpensively released elsewhere.  I'm also glad that we're getting a non-OT/PT calendar for once.

I realize that people desperately want something more than BB-8 with a hat.  I say: give it time.  This is the first calendar we've gotten since 2011 that's not OT or Prequel themed.  It took six years--SIX--for us to get a nice set of unique figures (Yoda, Maul, Jango, Vader, C-3PO, and Chewie). And hey, 2015's calendar came with a very standard R2-D2 whose only distinguishing feature was a set of antlers.  I can live with BB-8 with a hat.  We'll get other Santa figures, like Kylo Ren or Phasma, in time.  Be patient.  

2 hours ago, Brickr said:

Rebelscum counts 14 builds:   1) Luggabeast, 2) Millennium Falcon, 3) First Order troop transport, 4) a sleigh full of gifts, 5) some kind of snowmobile, 6) a laser cannon, 7) Krennic's shuttle 8)  AT-DP, 9) Unkar's Thug, 10) First Order Stormtrooper, 11) Snowtrooper 12) Officer 13) a Resistance Officer and 14) Holiday BB-8 on a snowboard.

On 21/01/2017 at 7:32 AM, markw said:

I make out:
Unkar thug figure
Bb8 figure with Santa hat and ski
At-Dp
Falcon
Krennic shuttle
FO stormie
FO snowie
FO lander
A sleigh
Luggabeast
Resistance general?
Random canon
Imperial/resistance officer

Looking at the copy they have at RebelScum, the resistance general - is that the guy on the far left?