Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

8 hours ago, darththeling said:

For some, it's a great opportunity to fill out some big holes in the line up - as others have noted, Bail Organa and Jan Dodonna are so prized as high ranking Rebel leaders yet we've never gotten either. They do a Yavin IV base or even command centre and it's a perfect chance to get those figs. 7754-1: Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser was terrific IMO and even if you thought the build sucked we got Mon Mothma and a kick megablocks Lando. We got the bridge, briefing room, A Wing and hangar. I wish they would take more chances with OT locations. Plenty to choose from.

Having said that I don't think they will do a Yavin IV set because no battles occurred there. Seems like the design concept of all their System kits are predicated on a confrontation of some 

I understand what your saying, I think its one of a number of AFOLs dreams SW based. I don't think it's ever going to happen as you said, nothing action based happend there.

To build a Yavin IV that people would be happy with it would have to be big enough to stick an X-wing or two in, accurate enough outside to look like the Pyramid shaped exterior, and feature a control room and other interior features. To be worthy, it would end up bigger and more expensive than the death star, or as dissapointing as Insult on Hoth. I don't see lego risking it in the way we'd like, but I can imagine a smaller control room with Mon Mothma amd co, to represent it in both Rogue one and A new Hope.

When asked how 75179 is an Episode 8 set, CM4Sci says 'it's in the smack middle of the EP 8 range'. I'm a bit confused because the two sets numerically next to it, 75178 and 75180, are TFA sets?

3 hours ago, Flandy said:

To build a Yavin IV that people would be happy with it would have to be big enough to stick an X-wing or two in, accurate enough outside to look like the Pyramid shaped exterior, and feature a control room and other interior features. To be worthy, it would end up bigger and more expensive than the death star, or as dissapointing as Insult on Hoth. I don't see lego risking it in the way we'd like, but I can imagine a smaller control room with Mon Mothma amd co, to represent it in both Rogue one and A new Hope.

Well if they make USC non-playset, like the Death Star II for example, not a lot of action going on there either, so as long as they make the base tempting enough for AFOLs, I don't see why that can't make a USC hangar or rebel base, especially like someone said if it can store a fighter or bomber

On 17/01/2017 at 8:03 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Republic Fighter Tank is the same price as Vader Tarnsformation.

How do you know?

On 18/01/2017 at 2:01 PM, MaxTube55 said:

I have nothing against Brick Ministry but I don't trust that price because he's the only person I've ever seen to confirm US pricing while no one else has.

That's true but it's the only thing we actually have to go on for those in the us. However perhaps lego will release them after tomorrow perhaps they're just waiting to see how the dollar does before releasing prices.

6 hours ago, Flandy said:

Lego did have a prototype of the set already and It looked quite good, Lego don't have to make a full scale yavin base merely the front of it with a pyramidical structure to it with a hangar at the bottom with one midi scale x-wing (no stud shooters or spring loaded shooters) a few ground crew stuff and have a second floor command centre and a third floor from a new hopes ending. If Lego design it sensibly they can keep the price and part count low. Also a rebel base has been hinted at by just2good on his summer wave set video

14 minutes ago, John7edward said:

When will we find out what the two UCS sets are going to be? 

When LEGO announces them.

Currently the only rumors are Snowspeeder and Millennium Falcon.

On 13/01/2017 at 2:07 PM, Kevii23 said:

Got to see them again and took a closer look:

All the figures were mentioned as 'Minifigure name' so that didn't help.

The Clone trooper for the Tank set is a normal Clone Trooper on the Prelim box.

The Rathars are definitly brickbuild.

The 5th figure in the Quadjumper looks like a Unkar Thug.

Sets are coming in may/june.

September setnumbers are 75176, 75177, 75178, 75188, 75189 and 75190. 

Lucky I can't find those images anywhere 

17 hours ago, David Thomsen said:

When asked how 75179 is an Episode 8 set, CM4Sci says 'it's in the smack middle of the EP 8 range'. I'm a bit confused because the two sets numerically next to it, 75178 and 75180, are TFA sets?

Being between 2 Episode VII sets means it could be from anything BUT Ep VIII (incredibly unlikely anyway). I think he's made an easy mistake, it's an OT set.

3 hours ago, Joshibenj said:

Lucky I can't find those images anywhere 

You can find all except the set numbers, Obi wan's JSF, Quadjumper, the BPs, and Guavian Death Gang set on reddit.

@Kevii23 got to see the retailer catalog I think because he works at a retail shop?

God almighty. We are barely a year into 2017 and there are already 178 pages on this thread. It is becoming a nightmare to follow this thread. I dont mind if it was 2017 set related news but most of it is tripe. One person posts a rumor and 200 others start building conspiracy theories. Most of the rumors turn out to be fake in the end and people forget about it and then some newbie joins up and thinks the rumor is real so they start a discussion about it again. Then the newbie gets shot down by the rest being told that that's old news. Then a new rumor starts and the cycle starts from scratch again. Now and again one of those rumors turns out to be real and the original poster comes back to say "I told you so". And then after about 300 pages we get some concrete pictures and then people go wild and write another 300 pages discussing those pictures: how happy they are, how sad they are, vent about prices in different parts of the world. And then the sets come out, people buy them and then we get video reviews. And this cycle repeats itself.

Guys, the SW is fantasy. But there is a beautiful world out there called Earth that is real. Spend a little less time here and a little more time there. You will enjoy life more and so will the rest of us who dont want to spend our life sifting through endless pages of blah. And guess what, very soon all those sets you have been speculating about will be on sale and you can buy them to your heart's content and build them, stroke them, call them precious and whatever else takes your liking. Lots of love, :yoda:

1 hour ago, legolandia said:

God almighty. We are barely a year into 2017 and there are already 178 pages on this thread. It is becoming a nightmare to follow this thread. I dont mind if it was 2017 set related news but most of it is tripe. One person posts a rumor and 200 others start building conspiracy theories. Most of the rumors turn out to be fake in the end and people forget about it and then some newbie joins up and thinks the rumor is real so they start a discussion about it again. Then the newbie gets shot down by the rest being told that that's old news. Then a new rumor starts and the cycle starts from scratch again. Now and again one of those rumors turns out to be real and the original poster comes back to say "I told you so". And then after about 300 pages we get some concrete pictures and then people go wild and write another 300 pages discussing those pictures: how happy they are, how sad they are, vent about prices in different parts of the world. And then the sets come out, people buy them and then we get video reviews. And this cycle repeats itself.

Guys, the SW is fantasy. But there is a beautiful world out there called Earth that is real. Spend a little less time here and a little more time there. You will enjoy life more and so will the rest of us who dont want to spend our life sifting through endless pages of blah. And guess what, very soon all those sets you have been speculating about will be on sale and you can buy them to your heart's content and build them, stroke them, call them precious and whatever else takes your liking. Lots of love, :yoda:

Thanks for summarizing the thread for everyone. As you can see in the title, it is pictures and rumors. And it was opened May last year, hence the 4000+ comments already.

This "real Earth", you're referring to, is the same stuff as this forum just on a bigger scale, even more scary, and not just related to Lego Star Wars. 

So you go have fun outside and let the kids argue here if you don't care for this :wink:

Edited by ZCerberus
Inappropriate Language

Earth has Trump and Brexit. I'll stick to contributing to the 178 pages and helping it expand to 5000 pages of this kind of talk.

I want a new UCS Falcon soooo bad. My number one want in Lego. I was too poor/young for the first one. I remember seeing a TON of them at Costco of all places. It's my Lego dream to have a UCS Falcon. But every single year for a while now it's been the rumored UCS set! I give really nothing to those rumors since it's been wrong every time. I'll hope and pray that Lego gives us another but until I see a picture I'm not going to get my hopes up!

I don't need a giant Snowspeeder. I love minifigure scale things. The snowspeeders right are are currently a great size :).

Next year (This year!) looks good. I really need that Vader Transformation. I hope it has the updated Vader! I lack the updated version with the cool mask.

Edited by BrickG

I guess if people don't like the discussion they can just look at the 1st post since it gets updated, right? ;)

1 hour ago, karmajay said:

I guess if people don't like the discussion they can just look at the 1st post since it gets updated, right? ;)

Wrong I'm afraid. The front page does not get regularly updated. I do like the discussion but what I find annoying is endless pages of people talking sweet nothing. So someone like me whom visits the page every week or so ends up having to skim through 25 or more pages and find just a couple of posts that may be meaningful.

4 hours ago, brobert said:

Thanks for summarizing the thread for everyone. As you can see in the title, it is pictures and rumors. And it was opened May last year, hence the 4000+ comments already.

This "real Earth", you're referring to, is the same stuff as this forum just on a bigger scale, even more scary, and not just related to Lego Star Wars. 

So you go have fun outside and let the kids argue here if you don't care for this :wink:

You're welcome:thumbup:. I agree with you that it is pitures and rumors thread however in 178 pages you get 2 pages with pictures, 2 with relevant rumors and the rest is tripe.

Now, I'm not quite sure how you can consider life same as this forum but on a bigger scale and scarier but then again I suppose if one spends their life in front of a screen it's expected they won't have a clue. :wink:

Just saw that Advent Calendar and I think it's the weakest calendar SW has ever released! No standout minifigures, only 2-3 cool-ish builds. They had a perfect opportunity to make Santa Kylo or Rey, but they just put Santa hat on BB-8. Looks like I won't be buying this calendar.

2 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Just saw that Advent Calendar and I think it's the weakest calendar SW has ever released! No standout minifigures, only 2-3 cool-ish builds. They had a perfect opportunity to make Santa Kylo or Rey, but they just put Santa hat on BB-8. Looks like I won't be buying this calendar.

Well, we haven't seen the full lineup yet, but yeah - what we can see is somewhat weak.

I spot a FO Stormtrooper, a FO Snowtrooper, an Imperial/FO Officer, Santa BB8, a Jakku thug and...a Resistance guy? Nothing outstanding, but it's only 6 figures - the last calendars had 7 or 8, so we might still be missing something good.

I know you can't post a link, but I'm searching and I can't find it.  Any advice on what to search to see the advent calendar?

Not a very inspiring selection of minifigures, but I'm really pleased to see the imperial officer - appearance in the advent calendar usually drives the price of a minifigure right down. 

3 minutes ago, TRR said:

I know you can't post a link, but I'm searching and I can't find it.  Any advice on what to search to see the advent calendar?

Just search reddit lego links - you should see the thread. 

I searched that I don't see anything.  To be fair, I don't really understand how reddit works, but I'm not seeing it

I didn't think the calendar was that bad.  Bb8 Santa hat is weak sauce but everything else seemed fine.  Really like the ot officer.  They should throw a new hair Han in there though for all of us who bought the old Death Star.