Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Just now, Lepralego said:

Well, perhaps there is no connection between the new UCS set from 2017 and that anniversary...

Then LEGO would really be disappointing me :hmpf_bad:

2 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Then LEGO would really be disappointing me :hmpf_bad:

Exactly, and I know I should never tell the odds, but the chance that an ANH set is imminent is high. It's very high.

On 15/01/2017 at 1:15 PM, SPACIBA said:

Yes, a rebel hangar from Yavin 4 with Bail Organa and General Dodonna will be great

Yeah, but I think perhaps a full UCS set is in order with and I know it's a lot to ask from Lego but also a reasonable price.

Edited by Joshibenj

On 1/15/2017 at 4:19 AM, ChristopherLee said:

I'm pretty sure 75179 became the A-Wing, because the minifigures included in these two are identical.

Did you ever see any information regarding minifigs supposedly included in 75179? I never heard anything.

23 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

It's the 40th anniversary of ANH, not ESB!

And that, my friends, is why it still makes makes sense that LEGO could release a Yavin 4 Rebel Base/Hangar set this year for May the 4th, which would be pretty cool, IMO. Personally, I'm not hyped for that Snowspeeder too.

Heck, we only got pictures from the Assault on Hoth set last year only a few weeks before it was set for sale.

But following the same logic, the Millennium Falcon rumor does get more support, even though we already got one, and, honestly, I don't think we need one. Like @Deathstroke77 said, their are a lot of untapped possibilities for UCS sets that LEGO hasn't explored. 

38 minutes ago, Chrome Bricks said:

Did you ever see any information regarding minifigs supposedly included in 75179? I never heard anything.

And that, my friends, is why it still makes makes sense that LEGO could release a Yavin 4 Rebel Base/Hangar set this year for May the 4th, which would be pretty cool, IMO. Personally, I'm not hyped for that Snowspeeder too.

Heck, we only got pictures from the Assault on Hoth set last year only a few weeks before it was set for sale.

But following the same logic, the Millennium Falcon rumor does get more support, even though we already got one, and, honestly, I don't think we need one. Like @Deathstroke77 said, their are a lot of untapped possibilities for UCS sets that LEGO hasn't explored. 

The rebel hangar was rumored to have lando and a pilot which turned into the a-wing.

Have preliminary pictures for the bounty hunters and imperial battle packs surfaced yet? If so, can an someone point me in the direction of the pics?

6 minutes ago, CNF said:

Have preliminary pictures for the bounty hunters and imperial battle packs surfaced yet? If so, can an someone point me in the direction of the pics?

First of all, leaked images aren't allowed to be posted or linked to here. Second, no, we haven't seen them yet. But congrats on your first post!

I'm hoping for a millennium falcon. Also an updated ISD is needed. The current falcon is thousands of dollars....who can afford that. Leto just needs to re realse it or update it and have it available.

18 hours ago, CNF said:

I think there are leaked images of all sets except the battle packs and the TFA sets, although none of those I've seen are clear enough to really distinguish anything about the minifies

Just now, Sneakguest said:

I think there are leaked images of all sets except the battle packs and the TFA sets, although none of those I've seen are clear enough to really distinguish anything about the minifies

You mean the Episode VIII sets.

And no, we haven't seen Obi-wan's JSF yet.

Based on the number of sets we got last year, it is very likely that we won't be getting the Obi-Wan Starfighter set. I could be wrong, but they tend to produce the same amount of sets each year.

Just now, starwars4ever said:

Based on the number of sets we got last year, it is very likely that we won't be getting the Obi-Wan Starfighter set. I could be wrong, but they tend to produce the same amount of sets each year.

Then why would we get two small sets (Vader's Transformation and Republic Fighter Tank) when last year we only got one (Eclipse Fighter)?

1 minute ago, starwars4ever said:

Since the SW is almost the best seller of LEGO I think they can easily rise the amount of sets per year, just my opinion so don't burn me for it, thanks

One of them (Tank) will probably $50 (USD) due to Aayla Secura (and since the last one was also $50). This pattern hasn't changed for a while. But then again, I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, starwars4ever said:

One of them (Tank) will probably $50 (USD) due to Aayla Secura (and since the last one was also $50). This pattern hasn't changed for a while. But then again, I could be wrong.

But there are only three minifigures and this one seems smaller. Won't be surprised if the Tank and Vader set are the same price

If the tank was $50 I'd vote with my wallet

Edited by VaderFan2187

The last Tank only had 2 figures, this one has 4 figures. Also, it's been 9 years since the last one was produced, so inflation must also be considered.

4 figs? Plain droids are worth considerably less than a mini-fig. Also the vehicle appears smaller than the previous itteration. 

14 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

4 figs? Plain droids are worth considerably less than a mini-fig. Also the vehicle appears smaller than the previous itteration. 

That's the general lego trend. Sets are getting smaller, prices are rising. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being 50 bucks. 

No way Tank is 50$! 30$ is most likely price, but I can see it being sold for 40$ if it's really good build. But hopefully both Tank and Vader Transformation are in 30-50$ range!

12 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

No way Tank is 50$! 30$ is most likely price, but I can see it being sold for 40$ if it's really good build. But hopefully both Tank and Vader Transformation are in 30-50$ range!

If Phantom II could be $40, Tank might be $40. But there is no way it can (or should?) be $50! However Vader's Transformation and Republic Fighter Tank seem to have the same box size which likely means they are the same price.

15 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Republic Fighter Tank is the same price as Vader Tarnsformation.

Do you have a source? Or are you inferring from the box size like me?

13 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Do you have a source? Or are you inferring from the box size like me?

It has the same dimensions as the 30$ boxes so I think it's safe to say it's that price.