Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

1 hour ago, thorin said:

jangbricks just posted his Phantom 2 review on YouTube about 20 min ago. I always like his reviews... High quality video. Although sometimes I don't agree with his opinions. ;-)

He does a really great comparison shot of the old to the new Phantom, and also shows how the landing gear works, including how it snaps into The Ghost.

Not sure if I am allowed to link it.

Thanks, just watched it. Oddly enough I'm planning on building the Ghost tonight. (Sadly I still need a Phantom V1, as I'm not willing to pay $50USD+ for one online.)

As someone who owns new Phantom I 100% agree with Jang that this set isn't worth its price. And at this price point they at least could have included another minifigure like S3 Zeb and make fin a bit higher. If you don't have this set, wait for a discount it's worth 30$/€/£ at most!

3 hours ago, Deathstroke77 said:

I'm guessing that this Vader set consists of Vader, Burnt Anakin and Palpatine, figure-wise. Vader, obviously, is there, Burned Anakin is on the other side of the table, and, not only would it fit since he's there in the movie, obviously, Palpatine's gold-hilted lightsaber is also there on the lightsaber rack on the right of Vader.

I know Palpatine is wearing Black in the actual scene but I really hope we get him in his red robes just for diversity's sake. The robes he wears in the senate scene where he does the whole "The Republic will be reorganized into the FIRST...GALACTIC....EMPIRE!" spiel.  

Edited by Forresto

31 minutes ago, Forresto said:

I know Palpatine is wearing Black in the actual scene but I really hope we get him in his red robes just for diversity's sake. The robes he wears in the senate scene where he does the whole "The Republic will be reorganized into the FIRST...GALACTIC....EMPIRE!" spiel.  

From the (very) blurry catalogue pic we got a while back, I could make out Sheev in his black robes. Sorry.

This is for the Vader Transformation set and the Freemakers one.

Edited by ChristopherLee

1 hour ago, ChristopherLee said:

Lobot seemed to be fine with it.

I'm not.

Do not post leaked pictures or videos of upcoming sets.

9 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

*snip*

Much higher res pics of the two summer set's we've already seen. Very beautiful stuff.

I've just removed the link above to be on the safe side; sorry if that seems a bit harsh.  The video is still available via a very popular website if you want to search for it.  Hopefully we'll get some official images soon anyway! :classic:

1 hour ago, ChristopherLee said:

From the (very) blurry catalogue pic we got a while back, I could make out Sheev in his black robes. Sorry.

This is for the Vader Transformation set and the Freemakers one.

Oh, how I hate that name 'Sheev' !!! He will always just be Emperor Palpatine to me :D

Just now, ChristopherLee said:

I have very good reason to believe the Phantom will cost $30 in the United States.

Why?

If it's true, you all are lucky...

I've been trying to find information on this 75179 Rebel Hangar set, but the evidence for it seems kind of circular, like Site A will list it because Site B lists it, and Site B will list it because Site A lists it. I almost think Brickset uses itself for a point of reference. Also the first mentions of it were in September last year, which seems like a long time with no new information, and conversations before that seem to confuse it with the new A-Wing Starfighter.

Does anyone have any kind of concrete information about it, like they've seen a retail listing or something?

34 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

I'm pretty sure 75179 became the A-Wing, because the minifigures included in these two are identical.

I was thinking something like that... technically the set is kind of a 'rebel hangar' if it includes ground crew, hangar gear and stuff. I just wish Brickset would remove the listing if it's not actually a real set.

1 hour ago, David Thomsen said:

I just wish Brickset would remove the listing if it's not actually a real set.

But the problem is... you can't tell if a rumor is true or untrue. It can be very likely, very unlikely, but if is a rumor, that means it isn't confirmed yet.

On 1/6/2017 at 10:01 AM, Stash2Sixx said:

Safe to say in a rumor thread?

No, it is not safe to say anything in this thread!  Everyone will blow it completely out of proportion!

From @Stash2Sixx himself

Edited by VaderFan2187

29 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

But the problem is... you can't tell if a rumor is true or untrue. It can be very likely, very unlikely, but if is a rumor, that means it isn't confirmed yet.

I tend to rely on BrickSet for solid confirmed information, it seems a bit pointless if they list rumors as well.

I guess maybe I'll stick to BrickLink for real info. You can't sell a set that doesn't exist.

27 minutes ago, David Thomsen said:

I guess maybe I'll stick to BrickLink for real info. You can't sell a set that doesn't exist.

But then you won't get rumors of them early...?

What I want to know is if we are still getting that rebel base set. As it's the 40th anniversary of Star Wars I feel that a new hope yavin base would be perfect or even a UCS yavin base set and as just2good stated that the wave is meant to include a rebel base set.

1 hour ago, Joshibenj said:

What I want to know is if we are still getting that rebel base set. As it's the 40th anniversary of Star Wars I feel that a new hope yavin base would be perfect or even a UCS yavin base set and as just2good stated that the wave is meant to include a rebel base set.

Yes, a rebel hangar from Yavin 4 with Bail Organa and General Dodonna will be great

3 hours ago, Joshibenj said:

Look a few posts up from yours. We were literally just discussing it.

On 1/14/2017 at 11:19 AM, elederberg said:

Not sure if anyone saw this but looks like we are getting a UCS Snowspeeder for May 4th instead of a UCS Millennium Falcon. Kinda surprising considering that the falcon is going to be much more expensive and a bigger deal the the Snowspeeder especially since its not like they are waiting to release on the same month as A New Hope came out for the 40th anniversary since it came out in May. If get the falcon maybe we will get it in October like the Death Star this year.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-ucs-snowspeeder-75144-rumored-for-may-the-4th/

Looking at the change log of the Brickset entry, the info was removed and then added back again with the price and UCS classification -- so I'm sure @Puffle Pal26 was some source in Brickset to reiterate that Snowspeeder UCS is coming.

4 hours ago, makoy said:

Looking at the change log of the Brickset entry, the info was removed and then added back again with the price and UCS classification -- so I'm sure @Puffle Pal26 was some source in Brickset to reiterate that Snowspeeder UCS is coming.

http://brickset.com/sets/75144-1/Snowspeeder

Interesting. However I'm not hyped for this. It's the 40th anniversary of ANH, not ESB!

The Snowspeeder rumour is becoming more and more likely to become true, and it's really disappointing. We don't need a remake, especially when there's loads of possibilities for other UCS vehicles or playsets such as Cloud City or the Ghost (just naming sets that could be made into a UCS version, really), for example. I hope this remains a rumour and it doesn't come true.

Edited by Deathstroke77