Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

I noticed that Brickset.com had a 2017 Star Wars set listed for the longest time as the UCS snowspeeder. It has now changed to just a regular unknown Star Wars set. Usually Brickset is not wrong when they post a listing. Anyone suspect that TLG is leaking false info to throw us off for the big release of the Millennium Falcon? 

5 minutes ago, Dapper-D2 said:

I noticed that Brickset.com had a 2017 Star Wars set listed for the longest time as the UCS snowspeeder. It has now changed to just a regular unknown Star Wars set. Usually Brickset is not wrong when they post a listing. Anyone suspect that TLG is leaking false info to throw us off for the big release of the Millennium Falcon? 

Brickset (one of the writers for the site that frequently visits here, to be specific) adds any sort of "concrete" information that they find on Eurobricks to the Brickset database. Once the info on the Snowspeeder's existence came to Eurobricks, Brickset changed the placeholder to "Snowspeeder." Since then, everyone has assumed that the set is legit just because Brickset said so when in reality they are just going on word of mouth.

Now there are some occasions that Huw gets info on new sets before anyone else, and that info gets added to Brickset, but the Snowspeeder isn't one of them. CM4Sci on Brickset has since doubted its existence, and due to his comment prompted Brickset to edit the Snowspeeder's page (because Sci, apparently, is the end all decider of a Lego set's fate, which he isn't but may he RIP). There are some ambassadors on many forums that have acknowledged its existence, however.

I'm more curious about that alleged UCS Falcon TBH, but now's not the time to discuss that.

I'm glad the Snowspeeder has been removed. Gives me hope that a second UCS set next year will be something fresh.

1 hour ago, Dapper-D2 said:

Its more likely that either a snowspeeder was planned and was pushed back (like the assault on hoth and slave 1 were), or simply someone was wrong

1 hour ago, Magmafrost said:

Its more likely that either a snowspeeder was planned and was pushed back (like the assault on hoth and slave 1 were), or simply someone was wrong

It's hard to say for sure. Sometime there's people on the inside or with connections that do get info out to us, but Lego does change their plans for a variety of reasons.

IMO, it doesn't make sense for them to release a UCS Snowspeeder considering that UCS Assault on Hoth was only released last year.

Side note: (As mentioned by others previously) It would be great if Lego branded sets like AoH as "Ultimate Play Sets"...then they could release 1x UCS and 1x UPS per year.

Why is quadjumper so much! They won't sell bb8 for under 60$ will they :(

And that vehicle isn't even that big

Edited by legosamsonite

I doubt vader transformation will be $40, $30 seems far more likely in my opinion for the set and it only has three figs. But it could be 40, I mean tlbm joker notorious lowrider was £55 and only had three figs and it was still 45-50 in America so who knows.

If a UCS Falcon does get released then I'll be tempted to get it if it has an interior included. Otherwise if it's a re-release of the old version then I'll pass. The pains of a limited budget.

3 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Why is quadjumper so much! They won't sell bb8 for under 60$ will they :(

And that vehicle isn't even that big

Maybe not big in length or width but that ship is dense and has lots of weirdly shaped pieces. I could see them making a fairly detailed model for that price...hopefully.  

The "real" quadjumper used magnetic clamps to maneuver and transport cargo around. Do we think Lego might use magnet pieces as well to make the set a little more interesting, or would it be to dangerous?  

16 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

The "real" quadjumper used magnetic clamps to maneuver and transport cargo around. Do we think Lego might use magnet pieces as well to make the set a little more interesting, or would it be to dangerous?  

Back in the day they used to put real magnets on some sets. I do believe I heard or read somewhere they stopped because of it being somewhat "dangerous" but I don't know if that was rumor or true Lego mandate. 

Edited by Forresto

10 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Back in the day they used to put real magnets on some sets. I do believe I heard or read somewhere they stopped because of it being somewhat "dangerous" but I don't know if that was rumor or true Lego mandate. 

I can't find anything official, but yes, those have been banned and replaced by the non-swallowable ones now commonly found in train sets (which has always been their primary use anyway). Those are definitely dangerous though, imagine if a kid swallowed two of them in succession but a couple hours apart so they'd be in different regions of the digestive system when they meet. I leave the rest to your imagination *huh*

Back to topic: I'm quite surprised by the price of the Rathtar set, hopefully this means we'll get some new moulds :wub: And I still can't believe we won't get a single new minifig in the Quadjumper set, there's still plenty of background characters they could include, some of which wouldn't even require new moulds. I'm sure the vehicle itself will look great but that'd definitely be a missed opportunity for I believe we won't get TFA Jakku sets for a looong time after that :wink:

Seen the new(ish) pictures of the Vader Transformation and Republic Tank. Great looking sets. Few questions though:

1. Does the Republic Tank have antenna similar to its 2008 model?
  2. Wouldn't the Vader Transformation set's having 5 figures (Vader, Sheev, Burnt Anakin, 21B, FX Droid) raise the price past the rumored $30?

17 hours ago, makoy said:

Here's the pricing from one retailer. Take note these are Google-translated names. Don't ask me why the battle packs have Speederbikes on them.

75531 - Stormtrooper Commander buildable figure (€ 32.99)
75532 - Scout Trooper & Speederbike buildable figure (€ 65.99)
75166 - First Order Transportation Speeder Battle Pack (€ 19.99)
75167 - Bounty Hunter Speeder Bike Battle Pack (€ 19.99)

75178 - Jakku Quad Jumper (€ 76.99)
75180 - Rathtar Escape (€ 98.99)
75182 - Republic Fighter Tank (€ 38.49)
75183 - Darth Vader Transformation (€ 38.49)
75185 - Tracker 1 (€ 87.99)
75186 - Arrowhead (€ 109.99)

If that list (and the translation) is correct, it would mean that the Bounty Hunters are from the upcoming Episode VIII. 

If so, thats quite a significant spoiler...

Well here are the dutch prices (which are always at least €5 higher on larger sets than the usual German RRP but could be the same):

LEGO Star Wars 2017
75166 First Order Transport Speeder Battle Pack 17.99€
75167 Bounty Hunter Speeder Bike Battle Pack 17.99€
75178 Jakku Quad Jumper 69.99€
75180 Rathtar Escape 89.99€
75182 Republic Fighter Tank 34.99€
75183 Darth Vader Transformation 34.99€
75185 Tracker I 79.99€
75186 The Arrowhead 99.99€
75531 Stormtrooper Commander 29.99€
75532 Scout Trooper & Speeder Bike 59.99€

Hothbricks also posted this info. 

6 minutes ago, Bantha Fodder said:

If that list (and the translation) is correct, it would mean that the Bounty Hunters are from the upcoming Episode VIII. 

Potentially, but why would they release Episode 8 sets in the summer? Those would be reserved for a separate wave in the fall.

5 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

Potentially, but why would they release episode 8 sets in the summer?

They won't. I'm convinced it's an OT set. The other battle pack is EP7. Just an easy way to get rid of the minifigs they produced too much of for earlier sets. We've seen this happen A LOT in the past few waves...

28 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

Seen the new(ish) pictures of the Vader Transformation and Republic Tank. Great looking sets. Few questions though:

1. Does the Republic Tank have antenna similar to its 2008 model?
  2. Wouldn't the Vader Transformation set's having 5 figures (Vader, Sheev, Burnt Anakin, 21B, FX Droid) raise the price past the rumored $30?

1 It looks to have an antenna on the back right of the vehicle, kind of hard to tell from the pictures I have.

2. Yes if the picture I saw is true it would have atleast 4, and 5 if you count the brick built droid(the FX droid) I'm surprised they wouldn't count the other droid as he seems to have the same build as a lot of previous droids. Maybe they are counting the droid and not counting the burnt Anakin or something?

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

The "real" Quadjumper used magnetic clamps to maneuver and transport cargo around. 

The real Quadjumper was in the movie for 0.5 seconds and then it exploded (not hating on your comment Tariq).

I'm still astounded they are actually making this a set. Three slots wasted in this wave (Freemakers sets & Quadjumper).

11 minutes ago, bountybossk said:

The real Quadjumper was in the movie for 0.5 seconds and then it exploded (not hating on your comment Tariq).

I'm still astounded they are actually making this a set. Three slots wasted in this wave (Freemakers sets & Quadjumper).

Not wasted yet. It depends on the figures. For example the Yoda Chronicles got us an Ithorian mold.

The figures have already been confirmed for the Quad, and they are lame: Finn, Rey, BB-8 and a Stormtrooper.

Unless you meant freemakers? 

The Tracker 1 4 figs ( annoying brat, Emperor, what appears to be an Ithorian jedi with a dark green light saber and a probe droid ). The arrow head appears to include both of the kid's parents and their droid Roger, and two other figs, they are too blurry to make anything of them. 

Edited by RetroInferno

4 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

The figures have already been confirmed for the Quad, and they are lame: Finn, Rey, BB-8 and a Stormtrooper.

Unless you meant freemakers? 

The Tracker 1 4 figs ( annoying brat, Emperor, what appears to be an Ithorian jedi with a dark green light saber and a probe droid ). The hammer head appears to include both of the kid's parents and their droid Roger, and two other figs, they are too blurry to make anything of them. 

Yeah I meant the Freemakers. Any new mold or variation on a mold makes the set worth existing for me. 

Edited by Forresto

39 minutes ago, Bantha Fodder said:

Why do you think Bounty Hunter battlepack is Ep 8 ? We know minifigures from the set include Dengar who defiantly wouldn't be alive 30 years after OT , since he's pretty old in Ep 5. Plus Lucasfilm is pretty tight on spoilers so they definitely would allow for Ep 8 to be spoiled in any way 6 months before movie comes out!