Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

1 hour ago, lomis said:

Just a note: I received two copies of the Quest for the Kyber Saber from amazon.com and the Death Star Trooper torso is scratched/nicked/marked in both cases - one on the front and one on the back.

I've sent a request to Scholastic to see if they'll help resolve this.

This is not unusual, as much as we like to think that most minifigs that TLG produce are good to excellent quality... I have found that the cheaper the way of getting your hands on figs (with books, magazines etc) the more likely they are to be lower quality :(

I've contacted retailers to get replacements in the past, only for the replacements to be just as bad or worse, but good luck, hope this gets sorted out for you.

PS. With that said I have had terrible quality minifig parts from sets such as 75159 :o So I guess you never know what you're gonna get. 

Edited by Brickr

2 minutes ago, Brickr said:

This is not unusual, as much as we like to think that most minifigs that TLG produce are good to excellent quality... I have found that the cheaper the way of getting your hands on figs (with books, magazines etc) the more likely they are to be lower quality :(

That's because the plant where they make these types of figures are located in China. I hate to bring up that stereotype about the cheapness of Chinese products, but in LEGO's case it's definitely true.

1 minute ago, GryffindorResistance said:

So is it safe to say that the May the 4th UCS is The Millennium Falcon?

Not at all, really. It's still an early rumor.

26 minutes ago, Brickr said:

...I have had terrible quality minifig parts from sets such as 75159...

Interesting, I suffered the same fate with my copy of 75159. Which minifigure parts in particular?

26 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

So is it safe to say that the May the 4th UCS is The Millennium Falcon?

Safe to say in a rumor thread?

No, it is not safe to say anything in this thread!  Everyone will blow it completely out of proportion!

I know for a fact, Boba Fett's UCS Slave I was scheduled to release in October one year...then it was bumped to the next year because...because they could.  So no, nothing is safe to assume, and if you assume, that's on you.

I'm certainly hoping for it. But I wouldn't mind if it takes a bit longer, that should give me time to get a job at Lego for that sweet discount. I wouldn't mind even a rerelease of the 10179, though whatever they stew up should have a fair bit more accurate detailing with some structural room for an interior.

46 minutes ago, Sir Gareth said:

Interesting, I suffered the same fate with my copy of 75159. Which minifigure parts in particular?

so what does it mean??? also LEGO is made in China??? So far I was convinced that is not....

Everyone is so desperate for an interior on the new Falcon, but like, the old one didn't even have a proper underside. I feel like that should take priority 

1 hour ago, DEAD1974 said:

so what does it mean??? also LEGO is made in China??? So far I was convinced that is not....

IMG_4606.JPG

Last night I was reading about Lego minifigure magnets and how the quality was good then went down, then fans let Lego know they didn't like the bad quality, then they fixed it to improve it. If you feel made in China Lego quality is bad, tell Lego so they'll do something about it and the fans can benefit.

5 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Everyone is so desperate for an interior on the new Falcon, but like, the old one didn't even have a proper underside. I feel like that should take priority 

I think the best thing they could do would be do do just this, but design it so the interior is a blank canvas so it can be modded easily to have one added in if we so wish to. That means the exterior would get it's detailing and size it deserves, while allowing those of us that want an interior to bear the additional cost we are willing to pay for it to add one into it. Everyone would be happy... except for scalpers of course!

3 hours ago, droid747 said:

When should we expect to know which ucs set will be released for may the 4th

Assault on Hoth was officially announced at New York Toy Fair last year according to Brickset, so hopefully then.

22 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

*snip*

Thanks, so that also explains what I was asking a time ago." My question is, if anyone else have the feeling that the LEGO parts in the new sets feel like more plastic compared to the old ones like 6211 and so on. Those old were more tougher... or at least to me feels that way. "

thanks once again

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

12 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

That's because the plant where they make these types of figures are located in China. I hate to bring up that stereotype about the cheapness of Chinese products, but in LEGO's case it's definitely true.

I'm afraid that's simply not true, Lego only opened it first Chinese manufacturing branch a couple of years ago, they have factories everywhere, I live in the uk and there was one near my area.

On 05/01/2017 at 8:12 AM, Legoman123 said:

Are we expecting to see The Finalzer in the Epsiode 8 sets? 

We won't see the set in this summer wave but we can speculate that it will appear in the movie wave and rumour has it the finalised will be more promenang in the film.

15 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Patience, my young padawan. :tongue: Well, at least it's cheaper for y'all in the US. The US currency to my currency conversion rate is ≈1.3, but the sets cost twice as much here.

Also, they better start printing the astromech backs.

So I take it your uk then, so what's your feeling on the prices of the new sets specifically the a-wing battle on scarif and phantom?

36 minutes ago, Joshibenj said:

I'm afraid that's simply not true, Lego only opened it first Chinese manufacturing branch a couple of years ago, they have factories everywhere, I live in the uk and there was one near my area.

Series 1 CMF were made in China, and they were issued in 2010. 7 years ago. And they were making some other minifigure parts there before that.

51 minutes ago, Joshibenj said:

We won't see the set in this summer wave but we can speculate that it will appear in the movie wave and rumour has it the finalised will be more promenang in the film.

Not here we cant. There;s a separate thread for that. Sometimes.

Edited by Magmafrost

I'm incredibly excited about the potential that the droid Polybag, however the droid on it's own looks cool. It's not featured in the Ultimate Guide book, but I think there may be a photo of it on the Rebel Support page. There are loads of R2, R3 and R5 models they could produce for this, and hopefully an R4 mold could appear in future too.

I get the feeling we've seen the last of Rogue One sets which is a shame as there was potential for another 4/5 set wave there (Saw's group, Blue Squadron X-Wing, Cargo Shuttle, AT-ACT, Hammerhead, Profundity) as well as quite a few nice minifigs. 

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

I get the feeling we've seen the last of Rogue One sets which is a shame as there was potential for another 4/5 set wave there (Saw's group, Blue Squadron X-Wing, Cargo Shuttle, AT-ACT, Hammerhead, Profundity) as well as quite a few nice minifigs. 

Again, all SW movies so far keep getting sets even 10+ years after release, and the PT was way less successfull than Rogue One (critically as well as commercially). 2017 alone, we're getting sets from The Clone Wars, Episode 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 (as well as 7, 8, Rogue One and Rebels!)...we will see Rogue One sets in the future, for sure.

14 minutes ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=starwars.htm

Adjusted for inflation both I and III are more succesful than RO.

RO will take over RotS within the next few weeks even adjusted for inflation, but it doesn't change my point anyway - we are still getting sets for movies which were released years ago and weren't exactly critically acclaimed, and at least some of them made less money than RO too. There is no reason to believe (at least for now - things might chance a few years from now, when there are more Disney era films out) that any SW movie would see no more set releases - even AotC, the least popular and least successfull one, is getting one in 2017.

2 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Not here we cant. There;s a separate thread for that. Sometimes.

I'm just here for the summer sets. Tbh I have no idea why there a separate feed or one at all because episode 8 isn't out.

2 hours ago, MAB said:

Series 1 CMF were made in China, and they were issued in 2010. 7 years ago. And they were making some other minifigure parts there before that.

Manufacturing of Lego bricks occurs at a number of locations around the world. Moulding is done in BillundDenmarkNyíregyháza, Hungary; Monterrey, Mexico and latest in Jiaxing, China. Brick decorations and packaging is done at plants in Denmark, Hungary, Mexico and Kladno in the Czech Republic.
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Lego

so they do manufacture in china but as you can see it's not exclusively.

Edited by Joshibenj

Even the lame iPhone which most of idiots American buy is made in China, so what? I think Lego makes a massive quality assurance with every factory they make.

About the sets being released first in Europe: Hahaha. Remember: Lego origins is in Europe and your prices are lower than us. I would like to get the sets in a 3 months delay if they marked as US price, I wouldn't complain at all.