Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

The clones helmet in the prelim picture looks like it's TCW styled so we may get Bly or not since it will change.

Just now, ChiefPie said:

The clones helmet in the prelim picture looks like it's TCW styled so we may get Bly or not since it will change.

Ah true, ok.

We can only hope

36 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

High Attack? Carbonate Freezing Chamber? :wink: Duck you autocorrect.

Yeah the price here, when translated (NOT currency converted) to US pricing, is 34.99, which is also expensive. Same price as Skiff. :sceptic:

Forgot to proofread :sceptic: my apologies.

Also I'm new to the whole microfighters, so is there usually a second wave in the year or normally only one wave a year?

If anyone has this falcon picture I know I and a lot of others would love to see it so if anyone has it let's see this thing 

2 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

After seeing the new Rebels trailer, I might need to rethink how many Death Trooper battle packs I buy!

I am actually more intrested in the new minifig possibilities, especially the Grand Admiral's combat gear at 00.53: white helmet and white breastplate with golden highlights it seems. But also new jump troopers (?), new Mandos, Mon Mothma, Dodonna, Yularen...

Ah the possibilities are endless. Unfortunately Lego is not treating Rebels well, so we won't see many of those possibilities becoming real minifigs. If any.

I saw a rumor on reddit that there is a new UCS Falcon box pic floating around, has anyone heard this rumor or is it just the standard hopes and dreams of lego SW fans?

I love that of all things the most up voted comment on the video is ''Nice, the tie Defender is cannon, I hope it becomes a Lego set''.

Jesus Christ. :laugh:

17 hours ago, thorin said:

The link you posted is either a bad or the information has since been taken down...

I think it was taken down. It had a picture of someone on here saying that there was no confirmation of the Falcon. In a comment on the picture CM4S said, "Here's me confirming it." 

5 minutes ago, ChiefPie said:

Interesting that a lot of people don't know that Lego made a tie defender years ago.

To be fair to those who didn't know, that set was released in 2010. Not everyone had been collecting LEGO sets since 2010. :wink:

With regards to the trailer., It's great to see more Death Troopers having more presence in the Star Wars universe and not just in Rogue One.

My guess is that we won't be getting a TIE Defender anytime soon, since there is something coming from Lego's The Freemason Chronicles (source: blurry leaks) that looks a lot like a TIE defender, the Tracker I. Well, maybe it isn't a TIE but it sure looks like one. Or maybe a TIE Striker without the bottom wing. I'd certainly much prefer an updated TIE Bomber or Interceptor too myself, but whaddayagonnado? :blush:

Anyone notice how much shorter the Republic Fighter Tank is going to be? I'm guestimating (blur factor maximum) but from the leaks it looks like it's about 18, maybe 20 studs long total. Set 7679 from 2008 was apparently 47.8 cm long, have no idea what that is in studs, but longer for sure.

EDIT: Just found a pic of Lego's 8087 from 2010. http://brickset.com/sets/8087-1/TIE-Defender Not sure why but I can't stand the look of this ship. If they re-issue, it should be easy enough to MOD it into an Interceptor.

Edited by darththeling

26 minutes ago, Gremer said:

I think it was taken down. It had a picture of someone on here saying that there was no confirmation of the Falcon. In a comment on the picture CM4S said, "Here's me confirming it." 

From brickfan:

There are various users on Eurobricks who have some information about the new UCS Millennium Falcon. Paperballpark mentions that it’ll have interchagable radar dishes, one round and one rectangular, so you can display it as it is shown in Episodes 4-6 or in Episode 7.
http://www.thebrickfan.com/new-rumors-of-lego-star-wars-ucs-millennium-falcon-coming/

Where did Paperballpark write that? I don't find it... It seems to me he wrote that only TLG can confirm it...??

18 hours ago, Forresto said:

Is that it for Rogue One then? I would really love to have seen a few more sets and figures, at least to get more Imperials :grin:

Rogue One seems to be doing really well in theaters (>1 billion box office is pretty much guaranteed), so the chances that more Rogue One sets will follow in the next years aren't terrible. We're still getting sets for Episodes 1-3 and TCW (Yoda's Starfighter), and Episode 7 is getting two more sets in the summer - so I'm somewhat hopeful that Rogue One will get some goodies in the future. And of course stuff like X-Wings and Star Destroyers always sells, no matter if it's officially a RO or an ANH set (see the new Y-Wing). And everything that appears both in Rogue One and Rebels (without spoiling anything) has decent chances as well.

Hasbro has corrected the rank insignia on their Grand Admiral Thrawn action figure. Perhaps, LEGO could follow suit prior to the North American set release, ala Kanan.

Edited by Sir Gareth

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

I love that of all things the most up voted comment on the video is ''Nice, the tie Defender is cannon, I hope it becomes a Lego set''.

Jesus Christ. :laugh:

Hahah I saw that as well! :grin:

11 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Rogue One seems to be doing really well in theaters (>1 billion box office is pretty much guaranteed), so the chances that more Rogue One sets will follow in the next years aren't terrible. We're still getting sets for Episodes 1-3 and TCW (Yoda's Starfighter), and Episode 7 is getting two more sets in the summer - so I'm somewhat hopeful that Rogue One will get some goodies in the future. And of course stuff like X-Wings and Star Destroyers always sells, no matter if it's officially a RO or an ANH set (see the new Y-Wing). And everything that appears both in Rogue One and Rebels (without spoiling anything) has decent chances as well.

Very good points. I mean we are getting two more Force Awakens sets this summer supposedly so I imagine we'll get more Rogue One for sure. 

1 minute ago, Sir Gareth said:

Hasbro has corrected the rank insignia on their Grand Admiral Thrawn action figure. Perhaps, LEGO could follow suit prior to the North American set release.

Is there precedent for this in Lego? I would absolutely love for them to correct it for the NA release. 

Edited by Forresto

6 minutes ago, Sir Gareth said:

Hasbro corrected the rank insignia on their Grand Admiral Thrawn action figure. Perhaps, LEGO could follow suit prior to the North American set release.

Nah, they'll probably redo a more accurate version of him in a couple of years' time. To get our money :wink:

Kids, the target audience for that set, wouldn't care much about inaccurate rank insignias.

5 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Very good points. I mean we are getting two more Force Awakens sets this summer supposedly so I imagine we'll get more Rogue One for sure. 

Definitely! I assumed that when the sets came out… after all RO is an anthology film and is part of the canon, not like some non-canonical book or non-permanent TV series.

Edited by VaderFan2187

1 minute ago, Sir Gareth said:

The original Kanan minifigure.

They corrected it in a new set, not in the original one he appeared in.

4 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Wrong, actually they also corrected it in later batches of the original (Ghost) set. I know, I have it and Kanan has correct brown hair.

Edited by Vodnik

Thank you all very much for the info! :classic:

The Bounty Hunter set might indeed have potential! I wonder with which vehicle it'll come.

Since we know now for sure that there won't be any other regular sold OT set in summer, I really hope for an System scale OT Exclusive - hopefully CC or RBR!

30 minutes ago, Sir Gareth said:

The original Kanan minifigure.

28 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

26 minutes ago, Vodnik said:

Wrong, actually they also corrected it in later batches of the original (Ghost) set. I know, I have it and Kanan has correct brown hair.

Well they only just started production of the North America sets correct? They may still have time to get the fix in before they produce the Phantom 2.0.