Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

6 hours ago, PrisonBrick said:

There is again the enlighted shape of Millennium Falcon UCS on italian catalog:

so this could make sense...

On 30.12.2016 at 6:29 AM, Delta Customs said:

You guys just wait a bit. The year hasn't even began, there's some stuff that has yet to leak. Think big, but don't get your hopes up. What happens next will polarize the whole community. 

100% correct. I've hinted this a couple of weeks ago here, confirmations trickling in from various sources. not far far away anymore..

Just to be devils advocate here... A large proportion  of users here were absolutely furious when Lego re-released the Death Star last year.  I know the Falcon has been out of production for a long time (unlike the Death Star) and now is financially out of reach of most people (unlike the original Death Star), but there seems to be no one complaining that this could just be another expensive re-release.  Are people hoping it's a remake which improves upon the original or is it the case that this time people are just happy to be able to buy the set again?

5 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

Just to be devils advocate here... A large proportion  of users here were absolutely furious when Lego re-released the Death Star last year.  I know the Falcon has been out of production for a long time (unlike the Death Star) and now is financially out of reach of most people (unlike the original Death Star), but there seems to be no one complaining that this could just be another expensive re-release.  Are people hoping it's a remake which improves upon the original or is it the case that this time people are just happy to be able to buy the set again?

Both reasons. I doubt there will be major improvements to the model. It's probably just going to get a 'face-lift' with some of the newer parts that have been released since the original came out in 2007 much like the death star and its rerelease received. I'm curious as to what the other "stuff" is that has yet to leak. In short, I'm looking forward to the next relevant batch of confirmed news. 

Edited by joebiwankenobi

The main with the re-releasing sets is the fact that there are so much potential that is being thrown away. The are so many options for the new and original UCS sets, but instead we are getting non-UCS sets at all (hoth), or complete re-hashes of the previous sets (X-wing, Sandcrawler, Death Star, now Falcon, and presumably Snowspeeder). I'd love for Lego to release a UCS Venator, or Acclamator, or perhaps any CIS Cruiser, but we'll just get a Vader TIE fighter or yet another Y-wing instead.

Great news if the UCS MF is getting a re-release. 

But: I think most people will be disappointed if there are no upgrades. So i really hope lego has put a little bit more effort into this one. Hopefully they have noticed the feedback from the AFOL community. After all, the market for a UCS MF is pretty much only AFOLs. 

I personally hope they at least make a glass window for the cockpit. I'm also hoping for an interior, but that would probably be very unlikely. 

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The main with the re-releasing sets is the fact that there are so much potential that is being thrown away. The are so many options for the new and original UCS sets, but instead we are getting non-UCS sets at all (hoth), or complete re-hashes of the previous sets (X-wing, Sandcrawler, Death Star, now Falcon, and presumably Snowspeeder). I'd love for Lego to release a UCS Venator, or Acclamator, or perhaps any CIS Cruiser, but we'll just get a Vader TIE fighter or yet another Y-wing instead.

Well that's how it goes. Unless they kept well known and best selling sets (like X-Wing, Falcon, Y-Wing, Landspeeder etc etc.) on stock for like 5 years, they will be re-releasing a lot of sets. I don't mind it. I don't buy every single set every year. Currently I'm hoping to see a new old X-Wing in 2017 summer or 2018. Most people can be furious about that but that's what I like.

8 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Why does cm4sci not come on euro bricks anymore?

He was banned for unknown reasons.

4 minutes ago, Dharkan said:

Well that's how it goes. Unless they kept well known and best selling sets (like X-Wing, Falcon, Y-Wing, Landspeeder etc etc.) on stock for like 5 years, they will be re-releasing a lot of sets. I don't mind it. I don't buy every single set every year. Currently I'm hoping to see a new old X-Wing in 2017 summer or 2018. Most people can be furious about that but that's what I like.

Yeah, I get it, some of the more recognizable vehicles/characters must always be on the shelves, hence out of the march wave, only  6/10 brick built sets peak my interest. To clarify, I don't mind re-releases, as long as there's also some original content, or at least re-releases that are long overdue. I humbly believe that a lot more people would have been happy if last year Lego re-released a Cloud City city of Bespin instead of the Death Star, and that no one would complain if the new A-wing would have been replaced with Yoda's Hut. 

The main thing I'd hope for a decent interior, similar to the one we saw in 75105, only a lot bigger of course. One problem they had in that set was the boarding ramp being a little steep, I know it's a small issue, but I think they could really fix it here. In terms of mini figures, I think it's fair to say we'll get the original cast, I wouldn't mind seeing some TFA characters in there though.

Lego is a company. Companies want to make money. Re-releasing sets like MF and Death Star for people who don't own the earlier version(s) is ideal. I know a lot of people how are SW fans have bought sets like these just because how big they are (that's kinda the point of UCS set I know). But you should also consider that not everybody has the older set. No company likes secondary markets with sets going 10 times as much as RRP so from a business point of view I understand the decision. 

Besides, I'm one of the people who doesn't own the original MF and would love to have one. Same goes for the Death Star but the price for that comparing to what you get is meh. I think that if the MF has the same price to piece ratio as the Death Star 2016 but is the same as the older MF with some updates I wouldn't mind as it is way better as a display model than the Death Star. 

Has this info already been posted?, but the vader transformation, is it a "full" set, (with part of a building like the tatooine cantina, scarif set), or will it essentially be the 2005 vader transformation?

58 minutes ago, moc_builder said:

Has this info already been posted?, but the vader transformation, is it a "full" set, (with part of a building like the tatooine cantina, scarif set), or will it essentially be the 2005 vader transformation?

I'm hoping for a 20 USD set. I still don't have a Vader fig and I want to get him cheap.

44 minutes ago, Bantha Fodder said:

I personally hope they at least make a glass window for the cockpit. I'm also hoping for an interior, but that would probably be very unlikely. 

I had a fun time bricklinking my UCS Falcon, so I'm not sure if I would get a re-release unless it had an interior.  I would hope the re-release would have a cockpit that I would be able to build into my old one, that would be perfect.

3 minutes ago, moc_builder said:

Yes it has been posted, there is a picture of the set floating around on Google.

13 minutes ago, moc_builder said:

9 minutes ago, Dharkan said:

I'm hoping for a 20 USD set. I still don't have a Vader fig and I want to get him cheap.

I'd say it's comparable to the carbonate freezing chamber, and the duel on naboo. I'd expect it to be 25USD. The picture I saw was super blurry though. I doubt it'd go above 50USD at the very most, though as I said I'd expect it to be half that. So I'd say it is a super feasible set to get for almost everyone.

Edited by FishW

3 hours ago, Lobot said:

If the rumour of a new UCS Falcon is true, it will be a first day purchase for me; I really don't mind if it's a re-issue or an upgraded set. I've always regretted selling my original 10179, so it would be great to own something similar again!  If true, I guess it will be in the £600-£750 range (bearing in mind the current pricing strategy that TLG seem to have recently adopted); but there will be a lot of collectors who'll be more than happy to pay that sort of money for it.  If there's ever an optimum time, then 2017 should the year..... I'm finally excited about the prospect of owning a new set! :laugh:

I took the plunge and coughed up a huge sum for a proper boxed Falcon shortly before Xmas. 

Now I've just gotta decide whether this is a valid rumour and I need to sell it on after just a few weeks while prices are still high...

40 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

That sucks because he was the best when it came to Lego news

Sucks even more to have some banned without any known reason. 

Either last year or 2 years ago, someone asked Lego on Twitter if they could re-release the Millennium Falcon. Lego said they'd pass it on to their designers. I guess they actually told them. :laugh:

42 minutes ago, Wonderpants said:

I took the plunge and coughed up a huge sum for a proper boxed Falcon shortly before Xmas. 

Now I've just gotta decide whether this is a valid rumour and I need to sell it on after just a few weeks while prices are still high...

It's a tricky one. Personally I would say wait a little bit longer to get more solid information and then sell up if true. I think a good number suspected or thought it likely the set would be re-released but could not be certain. Multiple sources are now saying it is very likely and when cm4sci backs a rumour that's not something to take lightly. 

I would be seriously distraught if I bought a set for many thousands only for it to be released again 6 months later and at a much lower (but still hefty no doubt) price.

Edited by That Orange Thing
Spelling

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I humbly believe that a lot more people would have been happy if last year Lego re-released a Cloud City city of Bespin instead of the Death Star, and that no one would complain if the new A-wing would have been replaced with Yoda's Hut. 

No way. A lot more AFOLs, maybe, but there's a lot of LSW consumers that aren't AFOLS, and even AFOLS buy things like the Death Star and the new A-Wing...while I find it hard to believe children would be excited about Yoda's Hut. Remember, TLG has sales data, we don't.

Reissues of classic vehicles have been a thing for a while now (we currently have the fourth Y-Wing and A-Wing), for UCS as well (X-Wing). The Death Star made people angry because the previous one never even really retired - meanwhile the UCS Falcon has become the single most valuable LSW set out there, has been out of production for ages and generally looks amazing. It was a sure bet Lego would re-release it one day, apparently they've decided now is the time.