Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

It's ridiculous to complain about  the American release date, and I'm American. We're not used to getting sets late, but it's happened many times to pretty much everyone else in the world. It will not hurt anyone to get their LEGO two months late.

Edited by Cult_Of_Skaro

The reason we don't have more threads about rumors/opinions is because we don't need them. The problems on this thread come because people don't read past comments. 10 pages back or so someone else posted a picture of the Phantom 2 docked with The Ghost. If they had read all the posts, then they would have their answer. Same with the US release dates. We end up with countless pages of the same questions being asked because you all are lazy and don't want to go back a few pages to read whether you question has already been answered. So please, if you haven't been keeping up with this thread then read back at least 10 pages before you ask a question.

Also, please remember that complaining and yelling about TLG's practices isn't going to make it any better. If you feel the need to do that, call up a friend or post it on FB. Just don't do it here. We need to try to focus on the positive. And please, don't try to be smart-alec about that position. 

41 minutes ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Man, someone finally said it.

Exactly. US gets sets much cheaper than where I live. Even when currency is converted. So let's just be glad that at least we will get sets sooner or later :)

So getting back to UCS rumours...my kids are really hoping for the AT-AT this year especially considering the size of the latest AT-ST, which they are really big fans of.

As much as I'd enjoy a yavin 4 I feel it needs to be something that you would see both factions in. I feel a cloud city or dare I hope for a cantina or jabba's palace?

I think a UCS AT-AT could be in order and a normal scale first order walker in the winter because I don't see TLG letting that cash cow slip through their fingers.

This is I usually don't come to this website and only post in a few topics. No one wants to go to a forum where you can't do this and you can't do that. It's so negative. I tried to read some rumors and all it was was 15 pages of BS and no one should be expected to read that. 

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

The reason we don't have more threads about rumors/opinions is because we don't need them. The problems on this thread come because people don't read past comments. 10 pages back or so someone else posted a picture of the Phantom 2 docked with The Ghost. If they had read all the posts, then they would have their answer. Same with the US release dates. We end up with countless pages of the same questions being asked because you all are lazy and don't want to go back a few pages to read whether you question has already been answered. So please, if you haven't been keeping up with this thread then read back at least 10 pages before you ask a question.

Also, please remember that complaining and yelling about TLG's practices isn't going to make it any better. If you feel the need to do that, call up a friend or post it on FB. Just don't do it here. We need to try to focus on the positive. And please, don't try to be smart-alec about that position. 

28 minutes ago, Vindice said:

So getting back to UCS rumours...my kids are really hoping for the AT-AT this year especially considering the size of the latest AT-ST, which they are really big fans of.

As much as I'd enjoy a yavin 4 I feel it needs to be something that you would see both factions in. I feel a cloud city or dare I hope for a cantina or jabba's palace?

I think a UCS AT-AT could be in order and a normal scale first order walker in the winter because I don't see TLG letting that cash cow slip through their fingers.

Well, considering 2017 is the 40 year anniversary of Star Wars: Episode IV, the chances ar higher for Yavin 4, Mos Eysley Cantina (or Hangar bay 94)

Or... The Millenium Falcon...

3 minutes ago, Bantha Fodder said:

Well, considering 2017 is the 40 year anniversary of Star Wars: Episode IV, the chances ar higher for Yavin 4, Mos Eysley Cantina (or Hangar bay 94)

Since you see its silhouette on 75159... 

We haven't had a Cloud City set for a painfully long time - maybe that'll be our UCS set? Maybe make it just a huge building that opens out with various iconic scenes in there - like the old one just with more stuff in there. But we're at least 10 years overdue for a new Cloud City set, and it'd make sense I guess if they make it a UCS set. They'd want to milk the money out of us for the updated Lando, Leia and Luke, if not some exclusive prints in there too on other figures like Boba.

25 minutes ago, Bantha Fodder said:

If Lego offered a UCS MF next year I would forgive them for the 2016 DS and Hoth UCS sets.

2 hours ago, eliminator said:

If Lego offered a UCS MF next year I would forgive them for the 2016 DS and Hoth UCS sets.

Same. Though I'm fine with 75159 as I don't have 10188.

But Hoth was definitely a disappointment.

What if a UCS MF next year was actually another 75159-style rehash of 10179 though? Would it still be forgivable?

Edited by VaderFan2187

22 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

What if a UCS MF next year was actually another 75159-style rehash of 10179 though? Would it still be forgivable?

Absolutely. 10179 is extremely valuable and sought after. It would please people like me who would desperately want one, but it would upset collectors who are trying to sell their boxed editions for thousands of dollars. The price would collapse astronomically. 

Just now, ChristopherLee said:

Absolutely. 10179 is extremely valuable and sought after. It would please people like me who would desperately want one, but it would upset collectors who are trying to sell their boxed editions for thousands of dollars. The price would collapse astronomically. 

Heh heh! :devil:

But yeah, the aftermarket prices are ridiculous.

Edited by VaderFan2187

I'm fine with another Millennium Falcon but I rather they hold off from releasing on at least for another year. After Assault on Hoth, the Death Star and now another Snowspeeder I feel there's too many UCS remakes in such a short amount of time. At least break up the release schedule with something thats never been done before.

2 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Since you see its silhouette on 75159... 

That doesn't mean anything. Plenty of sets feature silhouettes of other vehicles on their boxart. Besides the Falcon isn't the only ship featured on 75159 - the X-Wing, Y-Wing, B-Wing and TIE Fighters are all on there too. There's no hidden meaning behind it.

36 minutes ago, wesker said:

That doesn't mean anything. Plenty of sets feature silhouettes of other vehicles on their boxart. Besides the Falcon isn't the only ship featured on 75159 - the X-Wing, Y-Wing, B-Wing and TIE Fighters are all on there too. There's no hidden meaning behind it.

Oh. :hmpf_bad: But the Falcon is the most prominent one and its position makes it seem like it is "following" the set.

37 minutes ago, wesker said:

I'm fine with another Millennium Falcon but I rather they hold off from releasing on at least for another year. After Assault on Hoth, the Death Star and now another Snowspeeder I feel there's too many UCS remakes in such a short amount of time. At least break up the release schedule with something thats never been done before.

But we have no news of the UCS Snowspeeder... so maybe that rumor is false?

3 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

But we have no news of the UCS Snowspeeder... so maybe that rumor is false?

Just because we haven't heard anything yet does not make it false

Personally I'd be quite disappointed with a UCS snowspeeder. After seeing sets like the Batcave, Temple of Airjitzu and Ghostbusters HQ and with the Ewok village being retired it feels like a big UCS playset is long overdue for this theme.

Minifigures are in such high demand right now that it would seem like the perfect opportunity to fleece us all of our hard-earned money!

37 minutes ago, Vindice said:

Personally I'd be quite disappointed with a UCS snowspeeder. After seeing sets like the Batcave, Temple of Airjitzu and Ghostbusters HQ and with the Ewok village being retired it feels like a big UCS playset is long overdue for this theme.

Hmm... Assault on Hoth? Death Star? Are we really lacking in UCS playsets?

32 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Hmm... Assault on Hoth? Death Star? Are we really lacking in UCS playsets?

Yes we are,....  i want sets with the nameplates,,,....   not sets that are large playsets ....

(not saying i dont like them, but Slave 1, rebel blockade, Red 5 x-wing, those are for me real UCS worthy ;) 

15 minutes ago, allstyles said:

Yes we are,....  i want sets with the nameplates,,,....   not sets that are large playsets ....

(not saying i dont like them, but Slave 1, rebel blockade, Red 5 x-wing, those are for me real UCS worthy ;) 

I get what you mean. It was just that @Vindice was saying he felt SW was overdue for a UCS playset

I see what you're all saying but the Ewok Village and Sandcrawler are retiring so what fills that void? I don't think you can say the Death Star does because TLG know that only hardcore fans or mega rich parents would buy that.

The other two are somewhat achievable for people to be able to afford buy their kids (and themselves!) By contrast, neither Slave 1 or the Tie Fighter are listed as retiring. I guess it depends on what sets seem to sell best. I personally would love to see the sales figures on these kinds of sets as although the margins may be extremely high I would expect the volume to be fairly low.

3 hours ago, Vindice said:

Minifigures are in such high demand right now that it would seem like the perfect opportunity to fleece us all of our hard-earned money!

I agree. Especially since we only had a regular Snowspeeder set just 2 years ago. We have a few playsets in the form of the DS and Hoth, but let's face it, the DS is a ridiculous amount of money, and Hoth is extremely disappointing. They don't quite fill the void that the Ewok Village and Sandcrawler are going to leave. It pains me a little to say I want one, but we haven't actually had a prequel-based UCS set in a long time. In fact the only one I recall is the Darth Maul bust. And again, this is where a Cloud City UCS set could come in. A big playset, plenty of desirable minifigs and would fill the void of the lack of Bespin sets since the old CC in 2003.

This is merely speculation of course, but I think more UCS playsets would benefit LEGO more than UCS vehicles. While collectors want them, if a kid has saved up his money and sees a UCS Falcon or this whopping great UCS playset, they're probably going to want the latter.

It would really help matters if LEGO made it clear what a UCS set was. In the past it seemed to mean a large scale display model, built for accuracy. Then the death star 1 kind of destroyed that theory, as it was a blatant play set, The sandcrawler kind of hit the sweet spot between the two concepts, as did the Ewok village, although not labelled a UCS set, but Hoth really just seemed to tip it back into pure playset, but with only one snowspeeder, and 2 imperials, the play factor seems pretty low unless you have any other sets (discontinued ones at that) to go with it, and the display factor practically zero.

I've said it before, but if they kept the UCS tag for large accurate display models, and created a new UPS (ultimate play set) tag for big expensive play sets, then there would be a lot less anger when a set that could be a large model of a ship we love turns out to be a bunch of system  style toys cobbled together.

28 minutes ago, Flandy said:

It would really help matters if LEGO made it clear what a UCS set was. 

Oh my LEGObricks, please just no... this discussion has been done to death and is absolutely pointless. 

Edited by khatmorg