Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

An iconic moment in A New Hope is the Trench run. So perhaps Lego will do a brick build trench run with 3 X-Wings followed by 3 Tie Fighters. Playable set in the midi-scale.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Well, absence of X-Wing is understandable considering there's currently 2 Resistance models on the shelves! And there a difference between Tie Striker which is 90% accurate to the movie version and Landing Tie with Deathtroopers. 

Oh i realize that, im just not drawn at all to the T70 (since i very much disliked TFA), but the T65 was frigging awesome in RO. I also realize the Y-wing was up for a new round, and id rather have the Y-wing now then miss out on the Y in favor of a new T65, im just disappointed we missed out on a T65 just because there are two T70s

Ill probably go ahead and make my own Blue Leader T65

On 22 December 2016 at 8:55 AM, Robianco said:

So from what I can see the only real difference (besides a slight sticker change) from Luke's Speeder in this wave to the cantina is the curved dark red tiles on the bonnet and the red 'R5-D4' heads on the three propulsion units?

I own both and Just built mine. It also has some updates to the cockpit which is nice and the way the three propulsion units are now attached are more secure and pleasing on the eye. Strange they removed the sticker tile on the bonnet from the old version, I'm not a huge fan of stickers but that exposed panel was a nice touch.

if you don't own a speeder this is a great little set with sensible Minifig selection. If you own the cantina set it may be a miss I suspect.

3 hours ago, lambda_cla3391 said:

So the Y-wing will be released in March 2017 for Canada/US then? 

Yes
So we will probably have the pictures of the summer sets before the winter ones are actually released.
At least it makes planning my buy list easier...

4 hours ago, That Orange Thing said:

I own both and Just built mine. It also has some updates to the cockpit which is nice and the way the three propulsion units are now attached are more secure and pleasing on the eye. Strange they removed the sticker tile on the bonnet from the old version, I'm not a huge fan of stickers but that exposed panel was a nice touch.

if you don't own a speeder this is a great little set with sensible Minifig selection. If you own the cantina set it may be a miss I suspect.

It's actually good news that they are reducing stickers on set. As for me who owns the Cantina set, it's definitely a miss. I'm sure I'll get that new Han hairpiece one way or another, but definitely not from the new Luke's Speeder set.

On 12/22/2016 at 0:30 PM, TheRacker said:

I hope it's a UCS Venator, we are beyond due for one of those.  I can't think of any other more important ship that doesn't have a UCS version.  Besides maybe an A-wing.

Gee, I don't know maybe Home One? A GR-75? The Invisible Hand? 

I am now confused. Does anyone have the US set release dates for all the sets and will any come out in January.

Edited by MaxTube55

4 hours ago, MaxTube55 said:

I am now confused. Does anyone have the US set release dates for all the sets and will any come out in January.

The next wave of Lego Star Wars sets will be releasing in March in the US.

And now there's a post that no one should be able to miss.

Edited by Penkid11

That ammunition cart/boarding ramp is... is... so ugly*huh* The new (?) hose with cable piece looks really nice. Another cup - these Star Wars Lego figures are a well hydrated bunch. Thanks for the early review, Artizan.

Edited by darththeling

It won't be time for some regions yet (it isn't even time here yet, but I want to send out my wishes now rather than late in day tomorrow), but anyway, Merry Christmas fellow LEGO Star Wars fans! Get ready for the Boxing Day sales now :grin:

10 hours ago, darththeling said:

The new (?) hose with cable piece looks really nice

It's not new, it was first seen in the Series 11 Minifigure welder and has been in several sets since. It is a great piece for greebling.

Um, pretty sure it shares a LOT less than 95% with the 75150 A-Wing... .

I mean, the sliding mechanism is half the ship in that set, and it's gone in this one. 

6 minutes ago, Stan-Lee said:

It is just a 95% copy of the green a-wing from 75150... 

I just got the A-Wing shipped to me and it is a great set, although the cockpit seems a little bare. I'll have to do some modding to also correct the angles of the engines; they're too slanted.

On 22.12.2016 at 0:05 AM, RAKRONDEWL said:

Boba Fett wears a different suit in The Return of the Jedi.  This suit has gray sleeves and pants, a blue jet pack, red gauntlets, and a different cape.  The gloves are gray but have tan fabric on the back of them.

So I believe this is accurate to the film except for his jet pack not being blue.

I am torn whether to get the set or wait until he gets his red gauntlets printed on. 

When that color difference justifies changing the parts then Bobas helmet should have been dark green (since the torso armor and helmet have the same color on the ROTJ version) and the jetpack dark blue.

I am not going to care for any new Boba until they get around to recoloring the helmet which should have happened with this set if not already years ago.

The entire Desert skiff is a mess of recoloration to be honest. What reference pictures do I have to use to have the Sarlacc and its mouth look like dark orange / nougat? I appreciate different colors for the sake of pleasing multiple interpretations of reference materials (even though the only one mattering should be the movies themselves with props as a secondary reference for tiny details), since this would have been a straight re-release of the 2012 Sarlacc but here is not even a real plus-side to nougat tentacles and cockpit windscreens. And the old skiff was already wrong enough with the splotches of dark tan when it is brown in the movie, making it full dark tan with not a single new recolor is not helpful at all.

On 23.12.2016 at 0:35 PM, benderisgreat said:

Well, absence of X-Wing is understandable considering there's currently 2 Resistance models on the shelves! And there a difference between Tie Striker which is 90% accurate to the movie version and Landing Tie with Deathtroopers. 

So according to Lego:

White OT X-Wing = Black Episode 7 X-Wing

Black Episode 7 X-Wing =/= Grey Episode 7 X-Wing

Grey Episode 7 X-Wing = White OT X-Wing

I think the scientific term is schizophrenia or something similar. They should have just held off the Episode 7 grey X-Wing for Episode 8. Pretending that OT and ST X-Wings are the same is nonsensical when they release two different color versions at the same time of the ST X-Wings AND A-Wings.

But they will never get the X-Wing shape correct which made me try to make complete MOCs myself so why I do even care enough about retail sets of them to type out this post is beyond me.

when will the Lego Star Wars 2017 sets going to appear on Amazon for preorder, since they are hitting the US in 7 days on January 1, 2017?

Edited by Savage Oppress

2 minutes ago, Savage Oppress said:

when will the Lego Star Wars 2017 sets going to appear on Amazon for preorder, since they are hitting the US in 7 days on January 1, 2017?

J...

Just scroll up.

On 12/23/2016 at 9:43 PM, Penkid11 said:

The next wave of Lego Star Wars sets will be releasing in March in the US.

And now there's a post that no one should be able to miss.

This is per Lego's Twitter page, as well as being near the tenth time this has had to be restated. I think I might just need to requote my post from the 23rd daily for the next week-and-a-half in order to make it absolutely clear for everyone.

And yes, that includes the Rogue One sets.

Edited by Penkid11