Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

You boys and your discussion, it's gettin' awful close to the spoiler zone.

Beware... 

Brick Ministry has uploaded two new reviews (Phantom & final duel)

I have the urge to say this: If you feel cool about having watched RO already, please show it elsewhere.

The Battle of Scarif turned out a lot better than I was expecting. The platform doesn't appear as small as it looks on the boxart and the bunker itself has a bit more depth to it rather than just being a door to nowhere. The small details that you wouldn't notice without seeing the film are also a nice touch. Hopefully Lego keeps going with more of these location-based sets.

I think the Scariff bunker set's scale is fine to me honestly. I am rather disappointed that pretty much all of the vehicles we got for this wave barely featured in the film but hey, it was a great excuse for an amazing new AT-ST to be released as well as some new vehicles in that I'm sure will feature again in Rebels, comics, etc. I know amount of screen time shouldn't affect whether or not a set is good but it certainly takes something away from it like the snow speeder from TFA wave. I have it, it's a great set, very well designed and has a unique shape but it not being in the movie like it was supposed to, save for sitting in the background of 1 scene really does diminish the appeal. 

Saw Rogue One and no spoilers, but there is plenty for TLG to produce sets from. Actually oddly enough there are more set possibilities to pull from this I think then the Force Awakens. 

There  are so many opportunities for Imperial Officers with various rank pips that ai hope we see leer ranks. 

Just saw Rogue One and the sets they have made were very accurate. I will say that U-wing is not really the same color scheme as it is in the movie.

Edited by ChiefPie

Question for fellow disgruntled US residents (or anyone else who knows), have there always been restrictions on sending an item from one country's Amazon site to another country? Or is it just for LEGO?

48 minutes ago, Gadzooks said:

Question for fellow disgruntled US residents (or anyone else who knows), have there always been restrictions on sending an item from one country's Amazon site to another country? Or is it just for LEGO?

You could order them from Amazon.de it's the cheapest Lego in Europe . Ordered some sets there myself.

After building the phantom II, i had a few questions popping my mind:

1. Why is the space for chopper offset to 1 side and not in the middle? don't remember seeing that in the cartoon.

2. It has a bigger cargo hold the the first phantom, but still it's not very big, you can make it 1 tile of studs deeper if you remove the stopplate.

3. The landing gear looks stupid, It looks better if you leave it off.

4. The cocpit needs to be pulled off to open it, why no hinges????

5. it's not big enough, but that's with almost everything in lego scale.

6. NO real engines on the back.

For the rest it's an okay ship, but at the official retail price in here in the EU (45€) way way way way way way overpriced :thumbdown:,

I payed 38€ for it and i still feel ripped off. it's should have been 35€ max.

I might get a second one in a few months in promo and do some customisation like i did with the first phantom.

Edited by firefox

1 hour ago, Gadzooks said:

I wonder... I know Amazon cant ship Lego from the US to Australia, and many people have said that Lego themselves impose that restriction (albeit without any evidence), which is... well, scummy as megabluck (like, maybe address the reason why we'd want to do that?).

Edited by Magmafrost

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

You could order them from Amazon.de it's the cheapest Lego in Europe . Ordered some sets there myself.

And shipped them where? It gives me an error if I try to ship to my US address.

Edit: embarrassing grammar

Edited by Gadzooks

1 hour ago, Gadzooks said:

And shipped them where? It gives me an error if I try to ship to my US address.

Edit: embarrassing grammar

Last time I order there was in June, haven't ordered there since.

Just now, Deathstroke77 said:

Has anyone bought Luke's Landspeeder yet?

I've seen a few people on YouTube pick up the set, so it's only a matter of time to see their review if interested. 

Neat. I am looking into picking this one up, after seeing Rogue One I was once again spurred on to see ANH for like the 100th time, and I've become quite interested in this set.

It boggles my mind how the 2017 sets aren't going to be released in the US until March. That seems like a very costly mistake. 

31 minutes ago, jdm44 said:

It boggles my mind how the 2017 sets aren't going to be released in the US until March. That seems like a very costly mistake. 

Why? You're still going to buy them. It's a simple issue of logistics, Lego know what stock they'll have and where they can get it on shelves in time for Christmas. 

I've just finished building the Y-wing. It's a fantastic set.

The ship is incredibly well designed. UCS-like details and greebling, unexpected techniques and a nice assortment of colors. The engines look cool, but that part of the build is rather repetitive and boring.

Nice play features too, especially the bomb-function which works great.

The minifigs...

look very, very nice. However the selection is stupendous after seeing the movie. The pilot is a Blue Squadron X-wing pilot and Raddus and Moroff never meet eachother or a stormtrooper. This is probably caused by reshoots, as I think Moroff was initially part of the Rebel Alliance ground troops fighting on Scarif (as seen in the Creature Featurette on YouTube) instead of being part of a certain person's clan.

12 minutes ago, bountybossk said:

I've just finished building the Y-wing. It's a fantastic set.

The ship is incredibly well designed. UCS-like details and greebling, unexpected techniques and a nice assortment of colors. The engines look cool, but that part of the build is rather repetitive and boring.

Nice play features too, especially the bomb-function which works great.

The minifigs...

Reveal hidden contents

look very, very nice. However the selection is stupendous after seeing the movie. The pilot is a Blue Squadron X-wing pilot and Raddus and Moroff never meet eachother or a stormtrooper. This is probably caused by reshoots, as I think Moroff was initially part of the Rebel Alliance ground troops fighting on Scarif (as seen in the Creature Featurette on YouTube) instead of being part of a certain person's clan.

I'll follow you in a few hours *looking forward to my first 2017 build*

4 hours ago, jdm44 said:

Yes, not be like that, buy with most other things it's like the other way around, things comes to North America first, then rest of the world later, once in a while NA is not number one priority 

3 hours ago, GeekByKnight said:

Why? You're still going to buy them. It's a simple issue of logistics, Lego know what stock they'll have and where they can get it on shelves in time for Christmas. 

Yes and additionally, I think most christmas shopping was done b4 the release this weekend, I'm sure most christmas shoppers that are not die hard lego fans had no idea that the new sets were coming, thus did not wait for it.. If lego wanted to have more of the 2017 wave wrapped under the christmas tree, then they should have released these sets 4-3 weeks ago

You US people know it also goes the other way around right? Mostly with the DC & Marvel Superheroes stuff... Where the US usually gets them in January, while over here we usually get them in March/April!

3 minutes ago, getbusybrickin said:

Considering that these sets won't be released until March in the US, are there any ways to get the sets earlier in the US?

eBay? Amazon?

i got the Batman sets in the UK from a US seller, eBay's international postage service works very well

There may be a chance that is comes to S@H in January, but won't come to retailers like Target until March, like they did with the BvS sets last year. If not, Amazon might get the sets before March or you can BrickLink/use Ebay to get the sets.