Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

23 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

The assumed source for these leaks is very reliable; if he mentionned IG-88 and Dengar with two more blanks (place holder for non already existing mini-figs) I would bet on the executor Bounty Hunters.

Bossk is one of the Executor figs....so (if the 2 blanks are non-existing) he isn't included.

(good point btw.....the 2 blanks must be new.....otherwise the spy would have known just like IG88 and Dengar)

7 minutes ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Hopefully Bossk is in there, he's in dire need of being put in a set again.

Just like 4-LOM and Zuckuss!

Hopefully it will have those two… the only problem with named characters is that battle packs are meant to be bought multiples of. Having named characters kinda defeats the point.

21 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Hopefully it will have those two… the only problem with named characters is that battle packs are meant to be bought multiples of. Having named characters kinda defeats the point.

I thought that was a little funny as well, considering Lego will likely sell fewer than with other battle packs due to the lack of an army builder draw, but I'm not gonna question a good thing! Four desired bounty hunter figs for under $15 is an excellent deal. My only concern at this point is whether they're going to come with stud shooter blasters instead of appropriate blasters and rifles. Easy, cheap fix, but goodness do we need gun updates for the Star Wars theme.

Really hyped for the Fighter Tank and the Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Ring. Also glad for the other chance for the FO battle pack, I really hope it comes at least with 3 regular FO Stormtroopers.

36 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Eh, Bounty Hunters seem quite popular across all age groups, so getting multiple in an incredibly cheap set is not something that should be frowned upon, in my opinion.

I updated the first post!  I've had reliable information for years, I just choose not to brag about it.  But since I figured it would put a few of you at ease, I figured I would mention it here.  Take it with a grain of salt if you want...I don't care, but I trust my source, and that's good enough for me.  Those of you that know me know my history so...

Sorry for the confusion, and I agree that I am breaking my own rule by talking about this in a thread where it doesn't need to be, but remember, the main point of this thread is about the new releases and info on those releases.  There really doesn't need to be chatter about it...I mean 126 pages, and nothing is even available yet?  I have to sit down and read through all of these posts on a regular basis so I can find new info.  I just love reading through everyone's own personal feelings regarding every set in the wave; makes it so much easier to find info to update the first page!

If we need a new topic to actually discuss all of the releases, maybe we should do that?  I'm open to it, PM me and let me know what you think.  No joke, tell me where you stand on this; no repercussions, speak freely.  I'll do what I can to make this thread better, this forum better.  I don't want to lose any more members because "the SW 2017 rumor thread is a shitstorm!"  And at times, they're right!

Now back on topic...

No confirmation on which tank it is, maybe a TTX -130 ( I think is the designation) and no clue which commander it is yet, although Bly would make sense...and EVERYTHING LEGO does makes sense, right?

Source's info had enough to determine Dengar and IG-88 for the BH BP, but nothing to determine the other two with concrete info.  Sometimes, 'they' do that when new molds are not yet finalized...

And LEGO can change their mind about how they do things whenever and however they want!  You should see their old weapons policy!

That's it, any more info I get, I post it as soon as I can!  

Have fun, and be quiet about Rogue One spoilers please, be kind to your fellow EB members, thanks!

Even though I would've preferred Bossk over IG-88 in the battlepack (would've made for an easy way to get Trandoshan heads),
it's still good to see Zuckuss and 4-LOM finally come to being in official minifigure form, if the rumors are true, that is. Gand heads will be cheap,
and that will be another covered SW species to add to the LEGO Star Wars list of species. 

1 hour ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Eh, Bounty Hunters seem quite popular across all age groups, so getting multiple in an incredibly cheap set is not something that should be frowned upon, in my opinion.

I'm not frowning upon it… I'm just stating that it's more something that doesn't fit with Battle Packs. I still welcome it anyway.

12 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Honestly, although the Bounty Hunter Battlepack sounds amazing I'm 85% sure it'll only come with generic bounty hunters / gangsters. There has never been a battlepack which includes a named figure and I doubt that'll become a trend now. It's far more likely that it includes background characters who could represent any gangster from that race: a random collection inspired from either the Cantina, Jabba's Palace/Sailbarge or even Freemakers? (from what I've heard it seems like Grabella the Hutt's entourage are quite prominent)

In that case I expect figures like another generic Duros/Gran/Gotal from the Cantina, Gommorean Guard or another Weequay guard, maybe one of Grabella's Itkonian henchman, or a Toydarian and whatever else Lego can think of. 

Here's hoping it has some new moulds!

There has never been a Star Wars Battlepack with named hero characters. They did however do them with the LotR and Hobbit lines (why everyone has so many bloody Legoli) Also some of the smaller Marvel and DC sets are essentially named character battlepacks. 3 figs and a small build. So they may be borrowing that concept for SW. 

Honestly, I hope the bounty hunter battlepack is just a pack with 4 aliens. 

Add a Gotal (as seen in that Freemakers thing), a Gran (like Ree-Yees, either tan or dark tan), a Trandoshan (olive green!) and an Iktotchi (also as seen in that Freemakers thing) and I'd be very happy.
I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one... now, one other thing we need is to see Graballa in true minifig form, so we can have a unique Hutt to add to the collection.

51 minutes ago, Stash2Sixx said:

I updated the first post!  I've had reliable information for years, I just choose not to brag about it.  But since I figured it would put a few of you at ease, I figured I would mention it here.  Take it with a grain of salt if you want...I don't care, but I trust my source, and that's good enough for me.  Those of you that know me know my history so...

Sorry for the confusion, and I agree that I am breaking my own rule by talking about this in a thread where it doesn't need to be, but remember, the main point of this thread is about the new releases and info on those releases.  There really doesn't need to be chatter about it...I mean 126 pages, and nothing is even available yet?  I have to sit down and read through all of these posts on a regular basis so I can find new info.  I just love reading through everyone's own personal feelings regarding every set in the wave; makes it so much easier to find info to update the first page!

If we need a new topic to actually discuss all of the releases, maybe we should do that?  I'm open to it, PM me and let me know what you think.  No joke, tell me where you stand on this; no repercussions, speak freely.  I'll do what I can to make this thread better, this forum better.  I don't want to lose any more members because "the SW 2017 rumor thread is a shitstorm!"  And at times, they're right!

Now back on topic...

No confirmation on which tank it is, maybe a TTX -130 ( I think is the designation) and no clue which commander it is yet, although Bly would make sense...and EVERYTHING LEGO does makes sense, right?

Source's info had enough to determine Dengar and IG-88 for the BH BP, but nothing to determine the other two with concrete info.  Sometimes, 'they' do that when new molds are not yet finalized...

And LEGO can change their mind about how they do things whenever and however they want!  You should see their old weapons policy!

That's it, any more info I get, I post it as soon as I can!  

Have fun, and be quiet about Rogue One spoilers please, be kind to your fellow EB members, thanks!

Definitely make another thread for people to discuss, criticise, et cetera and keep this one for pictures and new information only.

2 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Realistically this thread is the discussion thread now. I think it makes more sense to make a new thread just for new info, rather than make a new discussion thread. However I still think the better option is to just maintain the first post more actively. Remove irrelevant things like Yoda's Hut, and be quicker to update it when new information surfaces.  I just think that's a cleaner way to set things up, but if that's not something that's practical, then a new thread for information is the way to go, I think.

Nice to get the new rebel soldiers bp and the battle on Scarrif set in Australia around the same time as the rest of the world these days.

Bounty Hunter Battle Pack: Possibly Dengar; since he was in the Freemaker set they probably have a bunch of him.  Some sort of IG assassin-style droid, not necessarily IG-88, though.  Zam Wessel?  Boussh-style fig?  The bounty hunter from Ord Mantel?  

Perhaps there will be a fig or two that are being hunted for the bounty?  

The pessimist in me says it will be four IG-style droids in black or white...

4 hours ago, General Magma said:

Honestly, I hope the bounty hunter battlepack is just a pack with 4 aliens. 

Add a Gotal (as seen in that Freemakers thing), a Gran (like Ree-Yees, either tan or dark tan), a Trandoshan (olive green!) and an Iktotchi (also as seen in that Freemakers thing) and I'd be very happy.
I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one... now, one other thing we need is to see Graballa in true minifig form, so we can have a unique Hutt to add to the collection.

That would be so disapointing. I'm more interested in getting bounty hunters that are actually established characters from the films. We still don't have Zuckuss, 4-LOM, Bazine Netal or Sidon Ithano yet. Bossk, Zam Wesell and Aurra Sing are also due for an update as well.

The less of that Freemakers rubbish the better.

50 minutes ago, wesker said:

That would be so disapointing. I'm more interested in getting bounty hunters that are actually established characters from the films. We still don't have Zuckuss, 4-LOM, Bazine Netal or Sidon Ithano yet. Bossk, Zam Wesell and Aurra Sing are also due for an update as well.

Personally I'm quite happy with Freemakers, and the Yoda Chronicles sets that came before it as they've been an excuse to give us rare minifigures it'd otherwise be hard to get (the Ilthorian Jedi, Dengar) plus some of the ship designs have been pretty cool like the Jedi Scout Fighter or the Eclipse Fighter. Now I'm just holding out for Grabella the Hutt...

Opinion time!!

Darth Vader transformation: MUST GET. 3 rare figs in one set, and probably very displayable. I can finally get Palpatine!

Quadjumper: I’ll be honest – I’m not a fan of most of the new TFA ships, but the Quadjumper is one of the rare ones that caught my eye. Pity that it got blown up but it’s getting a set at least! Plus, if the minifig line-up turns out to be true (Finn, Rey, BB-8, FO Stormie), it’s the perfect set to get most of the main cast of TFA (sans Kylo). As someone who has yet to own a single TFA set, this is great!

JSF with hyperdrive ring: I would rather get an Eta-2, but the Delta-7’s ring is the only one seen in the movies. Plus, Obi-Wan’s Delta-7 is due for a remake. I really want this, but I’ll have to see if I have space!

Republic Fighter Tank: This is quite random. Aayla, and a Clone Commander? I’ll have to see pics first, but this looks promising!

3 hours ago, wesker said:

Why? We've already had IG-88, Dengar we don't need again, and the other two could be in any other set instead of a battlepack.
Battlepacks should contain figures with armybuilding potential, so in this case, good, generic alien criminals.

No matter your opinion on the Freemakers thing, we still need more SW species covered by LEGO, in different variations too.

Edited by General Magma

13 hours ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

Bala-Tik and the Guavian Death gang aren't in the Falcon set. Just Kanjiklub.

Ok sorry, checked back with Wookieepedia and you're right on that. So it's only the Quadjumper that's unnecessary ;P Anyway, if the prices are reasonable, it'll be ok for the target audience. And good for the aftermarket price of 70-year-old Han Solo.

57 minutes ago, General Magma said:

Why? We've already had IG-88, Dengar we don't need again, and the other two could be in any other set instead of a battlepack.
Battlepacks should contain figures with armybuilding potential, so in this case, good, generic alien criminals.

No matter your opinion on the Freemakers thing, we still need more SW species covered by LEGO, in different variations too.

Completely agree with Magma on this one.

a) Dengar just appeared this year, so I don't get why he's now in a battlepack.

b) Aliens in all shapes / colors are needed to mix up our galaxy. I'm sure everyone would want Bothans (Fey'lya), Gotal, Twi'leks etc.

Its easy to say Zuckuss and 4-LOM can come in any other set, but the problem I've been having recently is that most OT/PT/TCW sets aren't really coming with any new characters. Not counting remakes, the Weequay has been the only new addition in the latest wave. I'm not against having more alien species made into figures, but there's still so many missing characters that have yet to be released and there's just been too many missed opportunities for that to change lately.

What I like about this "Character Pack" is that its potentially knocking out most of the ESB bounty hunters in one swoop for a cheap price. And its a great concept for other character packs that could be followed up on down the road such as the Jedi Council, Cantina Patrons, Jabba's Palace etc.

7 minutes ago, wesker said:

Its easy to say Zuckuss and 4-LOM can come in any other set, but the problem I've been having recently is that most OT/PT/TCW sets aren't really coming with any new characters. Not counting remakes, the Weequay has been the only new addition in the latest wave. I'm not against having more alien species made into figures, but there's still so many missing characters that have yet to be released and there's just been too many missed opportunities for that to change lately.

What I like about this "Character Pack" is that its potentially knocking out most of the ESB bounty hunters in one swoop for a cheap price. And its a great concept for other character packs that could be followed up on down the road such as the Jedi Council, Cantina Patrons, Jabba's Palace etc.

Exactly, if this is really going to be the case, it's a very welcome initiative. Not everyone is all about army building guys :P

I usually get 1 at the most 2 of the same battlepack so I definitely wouldn't mind that the bounty hunter battlepack would come with named characters. And hopefully if it does well maybe they will make more. I thought about getting the ship that comes with Dengar but I decided not to and I'm glad I made that choice. 

@Stash2Sixx

Have your source never been wrong before? I just think that two things sounds too weird to be true with this list, first the quad jumper, the choice of mini figures doesn't make sense. I mean if that's what they will include, it won't sell at all to kids and AFOLs who buy sets for mini figures because nothing is new and the present generation of lego buying kid probably already have all of them because they are in a number of sets already and cheap sets as well. 

Additionally, lego has never made a battle pack with non-generic characters, that's why I doubt Dengar and IG-88, although I love the idea of it and would actually personally prefer generic ones such as someone mentioned here, a connection to the henchmens of the hutt in freemakers than getting the classics all over again. 

And also, chewbacca again in the Rather set? Not as unbelievable as the other sets but would only make sense if he comes with a new mold or print.  

Otherwise look forward to a new none clonish ugly face Aayla, the battle packs and the Rather set (if they don't include a rather in that set, the world will experience the first suicide bomber with lego motives, haha), nothing else so far interest me otherwise, although I hope they get a new contribution of mini figures for the free makers others than the ones mentioned because they did not sound too interesting either. Really hope for a AT-ACT thought for R1, and some more location set!

I've just seen Rogue One and will say one thing: please LEGO, please, release more RO sets in the summer. There are a bunch of ships/vehicles that would make better sets than the quadjumper.