Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

1 hour ago, Magmafrost said:

The really weird thing about expecting Thrawn to pull that much weight, is that Lego's core target audience couldn't care less about Thrawn. They also apparently expect a tusken raider to pull even more weight looking at the landspeeder price (yes its less expensive but its also way less pieces).

Agreed. Lego could've thrown in another minifig at that price, like Season 3 Ezra or something. Or at least another Stormtrooper. Well, I guess you win some, you lose some... If only every set was priced as reasonably as the Y-Wing.

Wait, The Phantom II is going to be 40 USD? Pass. I'm not that familiar with Thrawn and I honestly liked Kanan better before he was blind, though the new headpiece is neat and the set is well designed. That's really unfortunate but now I can focus on getting other sets from this past year that I'm more interested in and missed out on. I need the Blue Angel in my life! I waited too long, now it's going out of production. 

I'll mirror the sentiment about the rehashes for the OT sets. Yes, the movies have been pretty much mined but the sets we are getting here are hardly different from versions we've previously gotten or feel like LEGO just threw a dart at a board full of OT vehicle images because they are so random. All of the minifigs in those sets are either the same or very similar to past incarnations as well. There are a number of old vehicles and locations that are in desperate need of an update, like perhaps a TIE Bomber or Bespin set, and sets we've never gotten at standard system scale, or at all like the TIE Interceptor and the Yavin IV base(which is kind of surprising given that a playset for the Yavin IV base was the very first prototype Star Wars LEGO set). It's frustrating and doesn't make much sense no matter how you look at it. 

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

I'll mirror the sentiment about the rehashes for the OT sets. Yes, the movies have been pretty much mined but the sets we are getting here are hardly different from versions we've previously gotten or feel like LEGO just threw a dart at a board full of OT vehicle images because they are so random. All of the minifigs in those sets are either the same or very similar to past incarnations as well. There are a number of old vehicles and locations that are in desperate need of an update, like perhaps a TIE Bomber or Bespin set, and sets we've never gotten at standard system scale, or at all like the TIE Interceptor and the Yavin IV base(which is kind of surprising given that a playset for the Yavin IV base was the very first prototype Star Wars LEGO set). It's frustrating and doesn't make much sense no matter how you look at it. 

I personally don't mind the rehashed OT sets, since I am missing much of them (and the A-wing is actually quite quite an improvement on the last OT A-wing), but I can totally understand that people are frustrated who have bought the previous incarnations, since many of them was not so long ago (looking at you, landspeeder...I even have that too)

I agree that a good TIE Interceptor would be very welcome for example, the last one was a decade ago. The Yavin base is interesting you see, I would be disappointed if they didn't release one next year, since it's also present in RO, and the 40th anniversary is coming too so...I just hope it's not going to be another UCS playset.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Where did 40$ price for Phantom came from? Wasn't it supposed to be 30$?

It was definitely supposed to be $30. I dunno where everyone's getting $40 from, but it doesn't seem right, especially since all of the other leaked USD prices seem to be correct.

All the new sets are on the UK site now. I think the prices are fine. Duel on naboo all of a sudden seems a steal at £19.99 (misprint?) £64.99 for Y-wing £44.99 A-Wing, £54.99 Battle on Scariff

16th December release date! Liking that.

Edited by Vindice
Updated info

6 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

Just what exactly from the OT is there left that wouldn't be a repeat these days?

You are right that there isn't much that wouldn't be a repeat, but a repeat from 10-12 years ago would be so much better than a repeat from a 2-3 years ago.

Personally I would be happy to see any new set from Cloud City or Dagobah. For example a Twin-Pod Cloud Car, Luke & Vader duel, or a Cloud City Escape set. For Dagobah, Yoda's hut combined with the force tree could be a cool new set. I understand that Cloud City is a bit challenging to turn into small sets that appeal to children as well as AFOLs, but I think it can be done. Personally I would love a Cloud City Dinner set, but it it probably wouldn't fly of the shelves...

In the end though, it's the minifigs I'm after (and I know many others are too), so if TLG could throw us a bone and give us: Cloud City Lando w/ cape, Luke in fatigues and Leia in a dress or jumpsuit I would be a happy camper. That's why the carbon chamber set was a bit of an anti-climax, first Cloud City set in ages, and only a single new fig (albeit a good one). If that set had been larger and included Lando & Leia, we would only be a Luke & Vader duel set away from the full lineup.

1 hour ago, brobert said:

I personally don't mind the rehashed OT sets, since I am missing much of them (and the A-wing is actually quite quite an improvement on the last OT A-wing), but I can totally understand that people are frustrated who have bought the previous incarnations, since many of them was not so long ago (looking at you, landspeeder...I even have that too)

I agree that a good TIE Interceptor would be very welcome for example, the last one was a decade ago. The Yavin base is interesting you see, I would be disappointed if they didn't release one next year, since it's also present in RO, and the 40th anniversary is coming too so...I just hope it's not going to be another UCS playset.

I don't have a problem with remaking old sets either - we've been getting them constantly for the last 12 years after all. Even owning the previous versions isn't always a problem as I can enjoy having two drastically different builds for the same vehicle like the new Desert Skiff and worse case can always use the previous one for spare parts. But I echo what others have said that I do have an issue with sets like the Landspeeder being re-released so soon after the last one with barely any changes while others that are in bigger need of an update (Cloud City, Dagobah, the TIEs, Bounty Hunter Pursuit etc) are still being neglected. That just feels like a wasted slot in the lineup, especially when there are fewer options for OT/PT sets now with the new movies and TV shows coming out.

There's a possibility we may be seeing Yavin IV in the Summer wave with the Rebel Hanger set. It would be a great way to potentially get Classic Leia in an affordable set along with Dodonna, Biggs, Mon Mothma and a certain Rogue One character. Still there's always the chance its also a Home One remake and I'd have no problems with Yavin being saved as a UCS playset if it meant getting the full pyramid instead of just a small interior build.

I really like the look of all these sets, but the prices are a sticking point for me, I don't think any over £20 merit their price point. The A-Wing is £15 more then the previous version if memory serves, for instance. I'll hopefully get them all discounted, and try and fill the gaps in my collection with aftermarket stuff in the meantime.

With the Y-Wing from Rogue One and updated X-Wing and TIEs from episode VII, I can see why sets may be repeated more often than is ideal, but the could have been replaced by a TIE Bomber or TIE Interceptor or Cloud Car that haven't been around for over a decade.

Having said that, all the sets and figs look impressive and I can't wait to add them to my collection (probably in 2021!)

The A-Wing looks just wrong.  Seriously, the angled fins just look wrong, and the fuselage shape is wrong with too much greebling, it should have been thinner and sleeker.  The 2013 A-Wing is a MUCH better kit overall.  The Y-Wing however, is the best Y-Wing they ever made.

3 hours ago, wesker said:

There's a possibility we may be seeing Yavin IV in the Summer wave with the Rebel Hanger set. It would be a great way to potentially get Classic Leia in an affordable set along with Dodonna, Biggs, Mon Mothma and a certain Rogue One character. Still there's always the chance its also a Home One remake and I'd have no problems with Yavin being saved as a UCS playset if it meant getting the full pyramid instead of just a small interior build.

Not that is just too much wishful thinking, I cannot imagine that they would release the whole pyramid :D (But to be fair to TLG, our expectations for a UCS playset are almost impossible to meet in a financially viable way. :))

I hate to read through all whining about the pricing policies, believe me we are getting a lot worse prices in Turkey for more than a decade, and it is seriously off-topic. This topic is about pictures and rumors of the contents of new products, not their prices. Even if it is about prices, it is not about complaining about them.

1 hour ago, brobert said:

Not that is just too much wishful thinking, I cannot imagine that they would release the whole pyramid :D (But to be fair to TLG, our expectations for a UCS playset are almost impossible to meet in a financially viable way. :))

Not wishful thinking at all. Lego themselves designed a set that incorperated the pyramid into the build but never went ahead with releasing it. Its definitely do-able, but probably not at the price point the Rebel Hanger set is likely to go for.

6691623369_9f7bd87ef1_b.jpg

58 minutes ago, wesker said:

Not wishful thinking at all. Lego themselves designed a set that incorperated the pyramid into the build but never went ahead with releasing it. Its definitely do-able, but probably not at the price point the Rebel Hanger set is likely to go for.

This doesn't look like anything TLG has released recently, and probably won't. Even with UCS pricing, they just won't go for it. I betcha

4 hours ago, appiah4 said:

The A-Wing looks just wrong.  Seriously, the angled fins just look wrong, and the fuselage shape is wrong with too much greebling, it should have been thinner and sleeker.  The 2013 A-Wing is a MUCH better kit overall.  The Y-Wing however, is the best Y-Wing they ever made.

The angled fins rotate the way you wish, they are not stuck in that position. 

Irish prices are all up. 

€70 for Y-Wing, which is fantastic. Rare to see 10c PPP on something so good these days.

€50 for A-Wing, it's not horrendous or anything but I do wish it was cheaper. To be fair though, it's actually better value than the last A-Wing, and that Lando will probably fetch a pretty nice sum on ebay/bricklink one day.

€30 for Y-Wing, Landspeeder and Duel on Naboo, disappointed that the lower end sets have gone up in price this year, especially since that landspeeder only has about the amount of pieces as a battlepack, but they're still cool enough.

€40 for Phantom and Skiff, not a chance.

€60 for Scarif, no way Jose.

7 hours ago, wesker said:

There won't be a Rebel Hangar set though. The rumored Hangar set included Lando, a Rebel crewman and a Rebel pilot - i.e. it was just another possible explanation for the minifigures in the set that ended up being the A-Wing.

The pricing in this wave is really weird - compare the A-Wing for 50, Scariff for 60 and the Y-Wing for 70. The Y-Wing is really the best deal by far.

8 hours ago, Vindice said:

All the new sets are on the UK site now. I think the prices are fine. Duel on naboo all of a sudden seems a steal at £19.99 (misprint?) £64.99 for Y-wing £44.99 A-Wing, £54.99 Battle on Scariff

16th December release date! Liking that.

I imagine the 16th December release date is to tie in with the movie release. But... it's the 15th here when it releases...

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

There won't be a Rebel Hangar set though. The rumored Hangar set included Lando, a Rebel crewman and a Rebel pilot - i.e. it was just another possible explanation for the minifigures in the set that ended up being the A-Wing.

Brickset has a separate listing for a Rebel Hanger set (75179), distinct from the A-Wing (75175).

£65 for the Y-Wing is a nice enough price. Battle on Scarif for £55 is crazy in comparison though.

Edited by Jay_Em

Whoa, whoa, whoa. WAY OFF TOPIC! Guys, this is a Rumors thread, not an opinion and complaint thread.

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. WAY OFF TOPIC! Guys, this is a Rumors thread, not an opinion and complaint thread.

I agree, I don't understand why everyone is complaining about price, showing their opinions about the sets, and complaining about rehashed sets (although in fairness IDK why everyone complains cause they are good sets and they are all improvements over their predecessors). We should shift these discussion to be mainly about the summer and episode viii waves.

Overreaction much? Responding to news about next year's sets is part of the natural flow of the discussion, surely. If there was another more appropriate thread then maybe.

3 hours ago, Jay_Em said:

Overreaction much? Responding to news about next year's sets is part of the natural flow of the discussion, surely. If there was another more appropriate thread then maybe.

Yes I understand that, there should be a discussion for that if there isn't. But, also now that we know about the winter and possibly spring waves and everything is set in stone about that I already am anxious for summer wave info.