Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

My imperial army is in need of high ranking officers so Thrawn is great even if the ranking bars are not accurate. I'm not a perfectionist so a slight mistake is passable for me at least. I wanted Krennic but the set he comes in is too expensive to get just for the minifigs.

44 minutes ago, Lord Sith Lego said:

My imperial army is in need of high ranking officers so Thrawn is great even if the ranking bars are not accurate. I'm not a perfectionist so a slight mistake is passable for me at least. I wanted Krennic but the set he comes in is too expensive to get just for the minifigs.

I got my Krennic for ten dollars on Bricklink. That seems a lot but i'd rather pay that then buy a set I don't want for him.

There are some great looking sets in the winter wave but at those prices I'll probably pass on most of them unless I can pick them up on sale somewhere. 

1 hour ago, LegoFjotten said:

To repeat myself:

The main point though is that I want the minifigs we are missing instead of the same figures over and over again. In that regard the A-Wing set is the best of the bunch, while the land speeder and desert skiff (as expected) are disappointing.

I am disappointed because I already have all the figures in those two set. Sure, Stacey has a new hat but that's about it. The builds themselves offer nothing new, I don't have any issues with them, but I already have pretty much those builds. I don't complain about missing arm printing & dual molding, etc like so many others, I just want something from the OT that hasn't been done multiple times already.

Word brother

14 minutes ago, Forresto said:

I got my Krennic for ten dollars on Bricklink. That seems a lot but i'd rather pay that then buy a set I don't want for him.

This is what I usually do, I buy the set ot the first good sale (in this case I got the shuttle for 55 euros) than I resold it without the minifies on a lego FB group for 40 euros, so paid 15 euros for all six figures, I've done this numerous times and its the cheapest way to get new figures.

IMHO 'Admiral' Thrawn is a disaster. Such a missed opportunity. Unfortunately somebody at Lego did not pay attention and slipped up quite badly. The price of 'The Phantom' is a bit ridiculous.

I am not sure why they changed the colour of the A-Wing pilot to green from dark green - but no matter, I have a squadron of A-Wing pilots already.

However, the technician is excellent - many bricklink orders loom in the near future.

The prices are a bit disheartening but at least they are guaranteed to drop on Amazon etc.

Oh wow...I hope those prices aren't translated exactly into USD/CAD.....because that would be insane. The A-Wing a $50 CAD set? That's a lot for a <400 set. It looks pretty cool though. I might just go with the Scarif Trooper and be done with the wave in that case.

Wow, the A-Wing is $80 in Australia. $80. Yeah, nobody's going to buy that... Although based on what happened with last year's A-wing, Lego will probably preempt that by just not making it available for us to buy anyway. Dont think I've ever said this before, but megabluck (huh, that's interesting. I guess no censorship on a lego site would be a bit weird, but come on, there's an 18+ limit on using the site anyway) TLG. This has gone too far. This is inexcusable. it doesn't even matter how good the set is in its own right, it doesn't matter how good the minifigs are, the set is unpurchasable at that price point, and we dont exactly get the greatest discounts around here...

EDIT oh good, the rest of the wave is that bad too, except for Yoda's starfighter. $60 for the Phantom for no reason other than the minifigs. $70 for the Skiff for no obvious reason, except maybe to beat the lack of sales record of the spider droid. $50 for the landspeeder is the worst price per piece for a set since the Lonely mountain, except this time we dont get a giant dragon. The Y-Wing's page isn't up yet, but at this point I'm expecting $150. This is disgusting. This is video games industry level of disgusting. I'm straight up not touching this wave, or if I do I'm importing the sets from the US. That should never be the cheaper option. Those prices are insane enough to make you wonder whether Lego's trying to reduce sales in Australia enough that they can stop considering us as a market at all and stop wasting their time selling Lego here. And when that happens, no doubt they still wont let Amazon ship Lego here.

Edited by Magmafrost

3 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

To repeat myself:

The main point though is that I want the minifigs we are missing instead of the same figures over and over again. In that regard the A-Wing set is the best of the bunch, while the land speeder and desert skiff (as expected) are disappointing.

I am disappointed because I already have all the figures in those two set. Sure, Stacey has a new hat but that's about it. The builds themselves offer nothing new, I don't have any issues with them, but I already have pretty much those builds. I don't complain about missing arm printing & dual molding, etc like so many others, I just want something from the OT that hasn't been done multiple times already.

Fair enough; I get it. However, do keep in mind that others don't have the figures. But I do understand your frustration. 

21 hours ago, Nokturn said:

I'm in the process of gathering up every single image of the 2017 sets on TLG's servers, hold tight.

EDIT: http://imgur.com/a/B6W0F

I think the standout things for me are the ROTJ version of Boba Fett, as well as the amount of extra things included in the A-Wing.

What a fantastic wave of sets these are!

I knew it! I knew there was storage in the back of the Phantom! See my earlier hypothesis post... :grin:

21 hours ago, wesker said:

Turns out Qui-Gon has a new face print:

http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/75169_alt1?op_sharpen=0&resmode=sharp4&wid=4000&fit=constrain,1&fmt=png-alpha

The grey highlights in the beard are a nice touch but I'm disapointed that of the three characters it was Qui-Gon that ended up being updated when he didn't really need it.

Yeah, we need a new Maul face. That face is... ridiculous.

13 hours ago, wesker said:

Just been having a browse through Brickset and it turns out the Rebel Hanger that was originally rumoured to be the Lando set is actually completely seperate from the A-Wing. Will be interesting to see if its a Home One remake or a Yavin IV set (just as long as its not another Hoth!)

I noticed that too. Please LEGO... no more Hoth... especially after that horrible Assault on Hoth.

14 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

31331605735_1a08b16a1a_b.jpg

- anyway, it seems that we got rid of the sand blue colours.

This is the Episode VI version I think. Grey body and legs, tan hands, unprinted green pauldron. They should change the angry clone face, though. Make it resemble it (Boba is a clone), but not the same!

14 hours ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Very good to hear Thrawn does indeed have the red eyes - I was scared for a moment then!

It'd be very weird for them to leave out such an iconic feature... :wink:

This overall wave is not too bad to me.

Rebel Battle Pack is good. A speeder bike which is a little too fat, but a nice turret and good minifigures.

Imperial Battle Pack is nice. Death Troopers and Stormies: Yay for army building! The walker is kinda filler though.

Yoda's Jedi Starfighter is okay. Flaps too thick, but better than new molded pieces. I kinda like the cockpit and the way R2 sits.

Duel on Naboo is pretty decent. The build is meh, but has good figures for its price.

The Phantom is good. Nice blind Kanan, good build, cough cough red-eyed Thrawn...

Battle on Scarif is decent. Great they give plates for you to place your figures, and blast open panels work well.

Y-wing is nice. I like the ship, and Moroff and Raddus look good.

A-wing is slightly surprising but I like it. They got rid of the shooter mechanism from the Rebels one, but that's okay, as that was hard to operate. We get two grey technic beams, however. Lando is mediocre. That smile is ok and the hair is good, but the orange torso... bleh.

Desert Skiff is eh. The Sarlacc mouth is awesome but should sit lower down.

Landspeeder is whatever. Too similar to 2014 version, no new minifigures, super low piece count... :hmpf_bad:

Edited by VaderFan2187

The only Hoth set I want to ever see in the next year or two is either a UCS minifigure scale AT-AT or an AT-AT that is at least plus size and considerably larger then the regular system scale.

5 hours ago, wesker said:

I thought the colour of his vest was innacurate too until I was looking through the Star Wars Visual Dictionary. Even though it appears dark tan in the movie, the studio photo actually shows it as being the same orangey colour as the minifigure. Lego isn't the only one to give him an orange vest either - Hasbro also did the same with their last release in the Vintage Collection a few years back. The holster belt across his torso is a glaring omission though.

I wonder if the visual dictionary images have a certain light to them. Think if Lego is interested in accuracy, they should look to the movies not the visual dictionary. I guess Admiral Ackbar will be released with a red head and hot pink Admiral wear next :grin:, maybe Chewbacca is actually a deep purple.

I think for the summer wave of sets I'll just stick about so I know when Images come out and then leave the forum, and just for that wave form my complete own opinion with no other input, see if it's any more positive (newsflash: it will be for sure).

I thought discussing rumoured LEGO sets would be exciting and fun and we'd get a sense of a community full of wonderment, followed by a respectful opinion of these products when the images finally come out, you know, that thing that grown-ups do; respect the work of talent employees instead of calling them out that they didn't cater their children's toy for an adult communities obsessions.

Nope. Just a constant, toxic sense of dreading disappointment that sets are always overpriced, repetitive, inaccurate, lazy, cash-grabs. Almost as if the the most influential toy brand in the world doesn't know what they're doing with the biggest cinematic brand in the world. 

It seems as though for every 1 thing TLG get right they do 9 others wrong. Cut them some slack. Who cares if a torso is printed in a mildly wrong colour or 1 out of 17 products in a wave of releases is overpriced by 1/3. Chill out a bit guys.

Edited by Mymaker123

31 minutes ago, Mymaker123 said:

I think for the summer wave of sets I'll just stick about so I know when Images come out and then leave the forum, and just for that wave form my complete own opinion with no other input, see if it's any more positive (newsflash: it will be for sure).

I thought discussing rumoured LEGO sets would be exciting and fun and we'd get a sense of a community full of wonderment, followed by a respectful opinion of these products when the images finally come out, you know, that thing that grown-ups do; respect the work of talent employees instead of calling them out that they didn't cater their children's toy for an adult communities obsessions.

Nope. Just a constant, toxic sense of dreading disappointment that sets are always overpriced, repetitive, inaccurate, lazy, cash-grabs. Almost as if the the most influential toy brand in the world doesn't know what they're doing with the biggest cinematic brand in the world.

As I stated above, I quite like this wave. They DO have to make remakes for those who missed out, but perhaps they could have waited a couple of years.

I think the reason we focus on the negatives is because we all love LEGO so much (don't we? :grin: ) so if we repeatedly shower praises there won't be much to talk about. However, despite everything negative I say, I still love these sets and may buy them if I get the chance.

EDIT: Hmmmm... if you buy the landspeeder you can do a LEGO version of BLR's "Bushes of Love"! That kinda makes the set better, I guess...

Too bad that Yoda's hut rumor was false, or else we could've done this too:

Edited by VaderFan2187

It is easy to ignore these complaints... Just don't feed the hatred and move along... Move along. Maybe TLG is reading. I'm not sure. But I do get tired of reading all these nonsense that LEGO designers don't know what they are doing with Star Wars or any theme for that matter. 

Some people act like they are the single customer that buys LEGO. I have news for those guys... You're not the only LEGO Star Wars fan. Some are new to SW lore and they don't even care if it is 100% accurate to the movie. Even George Lucas keep on changing the movies after their release and I expect that TLG will keep on producing better versions of the existing sets in the future... We jist don't know when. They plan these in advance so even if we can influence them it will take at least a year to factor in all the feedbacks.

So that being said, if you don't like this wave... Good for you. You just saved some money.

As for me, I'll pick up some sets that I missed during my dark age. 

1 hour ago, Mymaker123 said:

It seems as though for every 1 thing TLG get right they do 9 others wrong. Cut them some slack. Who cares if a torso is printed in a mildly wrong colour or 1 out of 17 products in a wave of releases is overpriced by 1/3. Chill out a bit guys.

Amen brother.

1 hour ago, Mymaker123 said:

Apologize for liking a set but pointing out a single small flaw in accuracy that has no bearing on whether or not I purchase said set. This is a forum, is it not? For discussion? If you don't want to hear the discussion, the pictures are readily available on hothbricks.com.

The A-Wing is a gorgeous set. When I picked up the rebels A-Wing, I thought: I really hope they follow the same format with a re-issue of the ROTJ A-Wing! And they did. Love the A-Wing pilot and technician, but I don't like Lando's representation (my Respectful opinion).

Edited by Brickweiser

2 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

EDIT: Hmmmm... if you buy the landspeeder you can do a LEGO version of BLR's "Bushes of Love"! That kinda makes the set better, I guess...

Too bad that Yoda's hut rumor was false, or else we could've done this too:

2017: The Year of Bushes of Love

2018: The Year of SEAGULLS! (Stop It Now)

4 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Just2good mentionned that US/CAN will get those sets later, like last year. I freacking hope not...

I believe Rogue One sets release soon enough, but yeah, this is my educated guess - that the other sets release in Spring.

Yeah, If I remeber correctly the same formula was applied last year: TFA sets january first and the rest for march. 

Thanks!

1 minute ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Wait... why is it that one spring loaded shooter is behind another on the ROTJ A-wing? 

http://i.imgur.com/OkunNB9.webp picture here

It isn't, its just a weird angle. See the angled plate below them? Notice how they both end one stud before the end of the shooter

Edited by Magmafrost