Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

A Wing is a great set and must buy for me. I guess the Landspeeder is one of those if you have it, great, if you don't, here's your chance to pick it up. 

4 hours ago, Artizan said:

Well, he wouldn't be wearing white if he weren't grand admiral in this scene(also golden stripes on his shoulders are there).

That's what I thought, the minifig is a mess. Lego want to continue jacking up prices but don't increase the quality of the product, poor form

I'm actually quite impressed by the OT sets and I'll be picking them up when they're available at a reasonable discount.    The Landspeeder looks almost identical to the one in 75052, but at least it includes a Tusken Raider and Womp rat!  The Skiff looks reasonable, but the colouring of the Sarlaac is a bit odd; the older version was better. And, we finally get a decent Lando, although his expression looks a little bizarre; perhaps it will grow on me :look:

2 hours ago, Calanon said:

It's a lot easier to build something better than it is to give Thrawn the correct rank insignia. Plus, I'm pretty okay with most of the sets themselves.

Serious, to just paint Thrawns eyes take like 1 second, But to get a for example a Bantha instead of a land speeder, how do you just build a good looking bantha in one second?

PICTURES, BABY!! :excited:

I knew TLG wouldn't let us down; Thrawn has red eyes, excellent!

The Landspeeder doesn't provide anything new for me. Except a Tusken Raider, but I can always get those from Bricklink.

Same with the Skiff. Great that Han's new hair comes with it, though. I really want that, and now it'll be available on BL cheaper, I hope..

I'm really glad Qui-Gon Jinn has a new faceprint. It's much more accurate than the last.. three or something versions. My favorite is still the very first, only in flesh, and this one resembles that more closely. Love it :sweet:

I don't really care for the A-Wing, but Lando Calrissian looks nice. Might purchase him seperately.

Regards,
Mitch

8 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

Lando in an A-wing set doesn't make that much sense anyway IMO (and I'm fine with that). TLG have a track record of putting odd minifigs with some of their ship (like Leia in an Y-Wing, Han & Ackbar in the previous A-wing), and having some odd minifigures is a good choice compared to just including a single pilot for example.

The main point though is that I want the minifigs we are missing instead of the same figures over and over again. In that regard the A-Wing set is the best of the bunch, while the land speeder and desert skiff (as expected) are disappointing. Having R2 in the speeder would mean that either the set costs $5 more, or they would probably cut the Tusken raider.

As for Lando, Cloud City Lando was in a single set in 2003 and is long overdue for an updated version. Lando in the general outfit was in a 2009 set and is much easier to figbarf. So... Yay for Lando, bummer they didn't give us the version that would be the most useful. 

I don't understand your rational behind being disappointed about the two sets. Both the speeder and the skiff are the most accurate incarnations to date with good figures that are highly detailed and accurate. I think a lot of people have ridiculously high expectations for sets. I don't see any reason for being disappointed by either set considering the limitation of LEGO. I think these are all fantastic. 

Edited by getbusybrickin

I'm surprised the love of Lando's minifigure is so unanimous. The figure is VERY inaccurate. I'm usually very tempered in my views of Lego sets and while I like the A-Wing set, that lando figure is just bad. Look up Google images "general Calrissian" and compare. The first General Calrissian minifigureand we got was amazing and accurate. The torso colour is blatantly wrong, the belt across his torso is missing and the cape strap is wrong as well. Pants are wrong colour as well and should be sand blue. This is clearly based off his appearance on Home One and not during the battle but I can't help but wonder where Lego got their source material from. Clearly not from the movie. 

Do not take this as a criticism of people that like the minifigure, it's a criticism of Lego. I can only assume people are so desperate for Lando as a figure, whatever Lego produces, however inaccurate, is better than not getting the figure at all.

"Here you go people: you wanted Lando, fine; just don't expect us to care about accurate representation. We'll just wing it."

Edited by Brickweiser
Error, phone is glitching out, sorry

The pricing on the A-wing is very naughty considering the ATST is £5 cheaper and has 100 extra pieces. 

The phantom is also harsh considering its clearly aimed at kids who won't remotely care about Thrawn.

Are we starting to see the effect of Brexit on the GBP pricing? 

Edited by Super Hans

Okay, so they are calling Thrawn simply Admiral Thrawn on the Lego@shop, call me a conspiracy theorist if you want but I'm 100% sure they intentionally messed up his rank, and that they will release Thrawn yet again in antoher set with his Grand Admiral title and proper insigna code in a crazy expensive set. because Rebels doesn't sell well enough. 

3 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Okay, so they are calling Thrawn simply Admiral Thrawn on the Lego@shop, call me a conspiracy theorist if you want but I'm 100% sure they intentionally messed up his rank, and that they will release Thrawn yet again in antoher set with his Grand Admiral title and proper insigna code in a crazy expensive set. because Rebels doesn't sell well enough. 

Alternatively, Thrawn might just get demoted in a future Rebels episode. :grin:

Despite the inaccuracies, I'm happy to get a Thrawn figure in principle, to help flesh out my imperials. And new Kanan is a good surprise. I'm not happy with the price point mind you, as it's easily $10 or $15 overpriced. For that they should have thrown in Zeb I think--who Lego seems to believe died in Season 1 or something, to be replaced by more Chopper. :hmpf:  

14 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Interesting theory, not sure about the bit at the end about Rebels not selling sell, though. Unless we are using the Vader's TIE vs A Wing set blowout and retirement after 6 months on shelves as a benchmark for the entire series. Very happy to see they did get the eyes correct on ol' Thawny. That wrong eye color would have been a Thrawn in our collective sides. I thought I'd read everyone's recent posts but maybe not - what exactly is the issue with his rank? It looks correct to me, at a glance. What distinguishes Grand Admiral from Admiral?

All three OT kits just revealed offer a chance to get our heroes with improved hair. Totally the Malibu Stacy New Hat Effect:

• A Wing - Lando's new hair
  • Skiff - Han's new hair (adore that new sarlacc color!)
  • Landspeeder - Luke's "new" hair (albeit not that new but I collect a lot of OT and only have one. Hope we see A New Hope buns' Leia someday.)

In case anyone doesn't know, there are heaps of new official images on Hothbricks here and here. So much to look at and scrutinize. Anyone wonder what Kanan's blind face will look like?

What can I say? The sets honestly look fantastic!

Each set is full of greatly designed minifies and top-notch builds. The only one I think we could do without would be Yoda's star fighter, being it has nothing exclusive to it. On the other hand, the Rogue One sets are awesome as well, just disappointed we aren't getting Saw Gerrera. 

The Skiff, A-wing, and Y-wing will be day one pickups. The ships this time around are amazingly detailed, especially the Y-wing. I feel like the A-wing and Phantom will be  the top sellers of the wave, mainly for the first classic Lando since 2008 and finally, a long awaited Grand Admiral Thrawn!

Honestly, with this awesome of a wave, I can't wait to see what the summer holds. Most excited to see what they'll do for the Vader Transformation and Force Awakens sets.

Anyone know the American pricing for the A-wing?

Maybe Saw will be a polybag exclusive?

1 minute ago, GryffindorResistance said:

disappointed we aren't getting Saw Gerrera

2 minutes ago, JDbricks said:

Anyone know the American pricing for the A-wing?

And what are the USD prices for the rest of the sets?

4 minutes ago, JDbricks said:

This is LEGO, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for them to put desired charcaters in polybags, since they've proved in the past they're more than willing to do so.

47 minutes ago, Brickweiser said:

I'm surprised the love of Lando's minifigure is so unanimous. The figure is VERY inaccurate. I'm usually very tempered in my views of Lego sets and while I like the A-Wing set, that lando figure is just bad. Look up Google images "general Calrissian" and compare. The first General Calrissian minifigureand we got was amazing and accurate. The torso colour is blatantly wrong, the belt across his torso is missing and the cape strap is wrong as well. Pants are wrong colour as well and should be sand blue. This is clearly based off his appearance on Home One and not during the battle but I can't help but wonder where Lego got their source material from. Clearly not from the movie. 

Do not take this as a criticism of people that like the minifigure, it's a criticism of Lego. I can only assume people are so desperate for Lando as a figure, whatever Lego produces, however inaccurate, is better than not getting the figure at all.

"Here you go people: you wanted Lando, fine; just don't expect us to care about accurate representation. We'll just wing it."

I thought the colour of his vest was innacurate too until I was looking through the Star Wars Visual Dictionary. Even though it appears dark tan in the movie, the studio photo actually shows it as being the same orangey colour as the minifigure. Lego isn't the only one to give him an orange vest either - Hasbro also did the same with their last release in the Vintage Collection a few years back. The holster belt across his torso is a glaring omission though.

Again, the three 'new' sets are good. So overall the wave is actually pretty good. Wow I've actually said a wave is good! 

However, what on earth are the ridiculous pricing on some of these in the U.K.? 

A-wing will sell well as it's an improvement to the last plus, the Lando fig will be a must for most.

The skiff is pretty decent. The set is probably better than the figures. But definitely not worse than a really solid 2012 version so well done Lego on that one. 

Landspeeder is fantastic for anyone who hasn't got the Cantina. 

Heres hoping the prices change... as I really want the Phantom. 

well who cares about rank insignia, right? even lucas didn't care and he just gave every single officer in Rotj the same rank insignia.

2 minutes ago, Artizan said:

well who cares about rank insignia, right? even lucas didn't care and he just gave every single officer in Rotj the same rank insignia.

Good 'ol Lucas.

33 minutes ago, darththeling said:

Interesting theory, not sure about the bit at the end about Rebels not selling sell, though. Unless we are using the Vader's TIE vs A Wing set blowout and retirement after 6 months on shelves as a benchmark for the entire series. Very happy to see they did get the eyes correct on ol' Thawny. That wrong eye color would have been a Thrawn in our collective sides. I thought I'd read everyone's recent posts but maybe not - what exactly is the issue with his rank? It looks correct to me, at a glance. What distinguishes Grand Admiral from Admiral?

The rank bar should have a blue square of six pips to the left. on the top right a line of three yellow pips and on the bottom right a line of three red pips.

Not the biggest deal in the world and im not upset. I wish they had gotten the rank bar right but at least the head and hair are correct. Considering  we are FINALLY getting a Thrawn fig, im estatic.

However even Admiral isnt correct because he has the golden epaulettes and white uniform which a regular admiral does not wear unless they are ISB. Also he has double pairs of code/security cylinders in breast pockets so again clearly meant to be a Grand Admiral despite the rank bar.

I must say it is disappointing to have a completely inaccurate rank insignia. I imagine they just decided to re-use the insignia they used on Krennic, but that's lazy, if you ask me. I doubt kids care, but it does bother me, after looking more closely. What's worse is there's no Grand Admiral torso print out there - not a single torso print including the the insignia Forresto describes. I mean, it kinda sucks, but to quote Forresto again, it is a Thrawn fig, one we've been waiting around 18 years for now. An official Thrawn is better than nothing.

1 hour ago, getbusybrickin said:

I don't understand your rational behind being disappointed about the two sets. Both the speeder and the skiff are the most accurate incarnations to date with good figures that are highly detailed and accurate. I think a lot of people have ridiculously high expectations for sets. I don't see any reason for being disappointed by either set considering the limitation of LEGO. I think these are all fantastic. 

To repeat myself:

The main point though is that I want the minifigs we are missing instead of the same figures over and over again. In that regard the A-Wing set is the best of the bunch, while the land speeder and desert skiff (as expected) are disappointing.

I am disappointed because I already have all the figures in those two set. Sure, Stacey has a new hat but that's about it. The builds themselves offer nothing new, I don't have any issues with them, but I already have pretty much those builds. I don't complain about missing arm printing & dual molding, etc like so many others, I just want something from the OT that hasn't been done multiple times already.

I can see Lego making a Thrawn with the correct rank insignia just because they have made 2 different Sabines also.