Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

2 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Maybe we see different minifigures then. I though they will be exactly the same as Krennik's but without pauldrons. The lack print  on belt with grenades that made previous ones so good.

What I meant by lacking extras is exactly what you described.... no pauldron, no grenades, no fancy ammo pouches. If you strip them with all those, then you get a 'basic' Deathtrooper... which I don't find an issue as I don't think every Deathtrooper will be getting the same set of equipment. 

Y-Wing - Love it! The build looks great - lots of nice greebling used to effect to add a lot of texture to the rear section of it. Minifigure selection here is relatively strong too, which is good.

Battle on Scarif - Love the minifigures - getting Casian in his more recognisable outfit from the trailers is great, and I like getting two standard Shoretroopers here. Jyn is cool in her disguise, and I like the use of a hairpiece here. That said - the build is very bleh. There are some attempts at detail, but ultimately the structure looks very bland. 

Imperial Battlepack - Not a fan of the Walker, but the minifigures are good.

Rebel Battlepack - Love both builds and the minifigure selection is solid. Definite buy.

Microfighters - Never been a fan of these, but might pick some up for the minifigures as per usual. Am I the only one interested in the U-Wing pilot having a unique helmet? Almost as if LEGO included the wrong one deliberately in the main set so people had to buy it...

Overall some strong additions to the first wave of Rogue One sets! A location for all the sets is nice, and the Rebel battlepack shines here. 

Any word yet on the price of the bunker set? The build looks horrendous, but I want those shore troopers. :)

Also, at the end of the first trailer Jyn is wearing that black Imperial suit, but she has two batons on her back, wonder why LEGO didn't include that.

11 minutes ago, makoy said:

What I meant by lacking extras is exactly what you described.... no pauldron, no grenades, no fancy ammo pouches. If you strip them with all those, then you get a 'basic' Deathtrooper... which I don't find an issue as I don't think every Deathtrooper will be getting the same set of equipment. 

I understand what you are saying, but in the trailers every Deathtrooper has this grenades and ammo pouches plus pauldrons. So either lego made new print for no reason or there are less detailed Deathtroopers in the movie.

2 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

I understand what you are saying, but in the trailers every Deathtrooper has this grenades and ammo pouches plus pauldrons. So either lego made new print for no reason or there are less detailed Deathtroopers in the movie.

Hasbro's Death trooper figure doesn't have a pauldron, pouches, ect. either. They're probably in the movie.

I just checked the sets for new mini-figs prints when I stopped at Jyn's mini-fig. That hair piece really doesn't fit any of her on screen appearance. 

Also two new torso prints for the Rebel BP, I would have liked a bit more variety with the helmets though, but luckily we have more bearded rebel guys!

Yep. Jyn's hair piece just makes me mad.

She's the leading character in the movie, you'd think LEGO could make her a new mold. But hey, yay for bearded rebel guys. 

The y wing looks perfect, however the rebel battle pack looks okay at best. Mostly due to the fact they have not bothered to include the rebel helmet from the tie striker set, which is the most recognisable design. Instead they have the two hats with the awful white goggles. Thank goodness they at least have the other helmet design and some new torso and leg designs. 

39 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Not all deathtroopers have the same equipement. The bunker battle was 50$ I think?

*snip*

Thanks for this image, didn't know there were less detailed Deathtroopers. I thought they just didn't have pauldrons. Still not a fan of less detailed minifigures. I mean Deathtroopers are supposed to be most elite type of Stormtroopers, and they just don't look so elite to me without extra details though.

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

Y-wing looks GREAT. Nice selection of figs.

But the Scarif set looks like it's Rogue One's Takodana set, just a dissapointing build with okay figures. The kind of thing I'll get if I see it on sale. Same with the battle packs.

At least Hothbricks will have to release any hi-res images now :)

Nice looking sets! I cannot wait to get my hands on the Admiral Raddus minifig.

I do wish Lego had added a Endor Trooper-style helmet to the Rebel Battlepack for more variation. 

Krennic's Shuttle Microfighter is disappointing - would have been nice to have an officer instead of another technician/pilot minifig. Dark bley kepis are so rare!

So is the Thrawn set a summer release?

Just now, Renegade Clone said:

At least Hothbricks will have to release any hi-res images now :)

Nice looking sets! I cannot wait to get my hands on the Admiral Raddus minifig.

I do wish Lego had added a Endor Trooper-style helmet to the Rebel Battlepack for more variation. 

Krennic's Shuttle Microfighter is disappointing - would have been nice to have an officer instead of another technician/pilot minifig. Dark bley kepis are so rare!

So is the Thrawn set a summer release?

I think it's a January release, we've just been given the Rogue One pictures only. 

Both battle packs look great for minifigures - plenty of mix and match options for the rebels. I'm really pleased with the y-wing design. I live the last y-wing but was worried this one would be a radical update and make it appear dated. As it is, they'll look fine next to each other.

am I right in thinking the astromech has a trans done too?

1 minute ago, lomis said:

I'm kind of bummed that the 75172 - Y-Wing Starfighter doesn't come with an Imperial Officer after all...

To be honest, it makes more sense for Admiral Raddus to be in the set. I do wish we could get another minifig with a Dark Grey Kepi. We have not had one since the Star Destroyer in 2014 with the Imperial Crewman and Officer.