Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

8 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

I agree, but to be fair, it's hard to capture it's shape at this scale. I think I looks good nonetheless! The Eta-2 is one of my favourite Star Wars spaceships, and I think this variant evokes the same vibes very well.

Im entirely torn

The Eta-2 is my favorite fighter in the SW universe, and i kind of dislike Yoda's variant for being a stubby bastardized mongrel of an eta-2 (really, they couldnt just put a booster seat in a normal Eta-2 and call it a day?)

On the other hand, its a small eta-2 ish fighter, and i love those sets, and i dont have Yoda yet. I just hope we dont get the usual €35 pricetag for it over here again... Ill probably pick it up, as this, and the Y-wing (normal + microfighter) are the only things im really interested in

6 hours ago, vectormatic said:

Im entirely torn

The Eta-2 is my favorite fighter in the SW universe, and i kind of dislike Yoda's variant for being a stubby bastardized mongrel of an eta-2 (really, they couldnt just put a booster seat in a normal Eta-2 and call it a day?)

On the other hand, its a small eta-2 ish fighter, and i love those sets, and i dont have Yoda yet. I just hope we dont get the usual €35 pricetag for it over here again... Ill probably pick it up, as this, and the Y-wing (normal + microfighter) are the only things im really interested in

Do you hate the show design of the ship or merely TLG's version?

I for one love the source material but I don't think TLG did it justice especially with the bubble cockpit. However I cant blame the designer, its a wacky ship. 

14 hours ago, montyofmusic said:

Since the final CW sets had non-CW faces, does that mean the Yoda Starfighter will have prequel Yoda instead of CW Yoda?

All The Clone Wars sets had the CW faces, there has not been an exception.

However, the Anakin's starfighter that I think you described is not from the same show, but from an older show with almost the same title.

That being set, it looks like the Yoda's starfighter will have the latest Yoda from the Battle on Geonosis set.

Love that cute little Starfighter. But those buildable figues as always (to me at least) look bad, definitely won't be picking those up.

27 minutes ago, AngelofVengeanceAzrael7 said:

Love that cute little Starfighter. But those buildable figues as always (to me at least) look bad, definitely won't be picking those up.

Agreed. At least regarding buildable figures with human faces. Jango Fett and Commander Cody look very cool to me. General Grievous as well.

Yoda's Starfighter actually looks very nice, in my opinion. I don't really care what version Yoda it comes with, but preferable a PT-version. The same one that was in Duel on Geonosis. Though perhaps with a different torso :sweet:

Regards,
Mitch

9 minutes ago, namioik said:

Is it safe to say sail barge may be coming since there's another desert skiff in 2017?

We already have summer 2017 set list and there's no mention of sail barge. 

14 minutes ago, namioik said:

Is it safe to say sail barge may be coming since there's another desert skiff in 2017?

3 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

We already have summer 2017 set list and there's no mention of sail barge. 

But we could see a potential release for 2018. The last Sail Barge and Skiff were a year apart, and both released in the summer waves of 2012 and 2013. So it's possible we may see the same thing here.

Consider that as more and more movies are released (not to mention new episodes of Freemaker, Rebels, and whatever follows Rebels), the likelihood that any given set gets re-released each year goes down. My guess is that with a new movie slated for each of the next 4+ years and 2 animated shows on the air, revamps of existing sets will increasingly be tied to anniversaries, unless they're prominently featured in new movies/shows. At this point the only sets you can count on are another Falcon in 2018 (to coincide with the Han Solo movie) and

Spoiler

another A-Wing in 2017 (for Episode 8)

Yoda's green TIE (that's what I'm calling it) doesn't look as good as I expected, but that's due to the non-spherical cockpit, which is probably as close as they could get.

10 hours ago, TWP said:

All The Clone Wars sets had the CW faces, there has not been an exception.

However, the Anakin's starfighter that I think you described is not from the same show, but from an older show with almost the same title.

That being set, it looks like the Yoda's starfighter will have the latest Yoda from the Battle on Geonosis set.

I was talking about the Geonosis Troopers and Senate Commandos battlepacks, which are technically part of the CW line but do not have cartoon faces.

17 hours ago, Forresto said:

Do you hate the show design of the ship or merely TLG's version?

I for one love the source material but I don't think TLG did it justice especially with the bubble cockpit. However I cant blame the designer, its a wacky ship. 

I dislike both, i havent seen the show eps featuring it, but it looks awkward in images, maybe the show will shed some light on it, but i dont see why Yoda would need something so custom (and imho oa bit ugly) instead of an Eta-2 with modified pilot controls

Comparing show pics with the lego model im no fan of the lego model either, the big gaps on the leading edge of the panels and the oversized bulky cockpit..

But as i said, ill probably buy it regardless.

The  Geonosis Troopers and Senate Commandos battlepacks are technically Legends sets since the build that come with them are totally made up and are not seen in The Clone Wars series. This is why they do not have the cartoon eyes like the rest, but it makes little difference as the minifigs all have helmets and can be used with Clone Wars sets.

On 11/4/2016 at 6:53 AM, That Orange Thing said:

Welcome aboard Helghan. You must be new to the forum, excited for a Star Wars line up and not nitpicking every small detail of a blurry picture :)

The builds dont make it canon or legends. The speeder in the Rebel trooper battle pack dosnt make it legends, 

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

Wasn't the new catalogue supposed to be released today?

I hope that is true! The other lines have been getting their snaps released already except SW. I am very anxious to see the new battle packs. 

Well what with all these new set images from other themes I'm hoping It'll be a very soon reveal. 

I'm hoping for some time tonight/tomorrow...gonna need something positive to take my mind off the season finale of America...*shudders*

4 minutes ago, Mymaker123 said:

Well what with all these new set images from other themes I'm hoping It'll be a very soon reveal. 

I'm hoping for some time tonight/tomorrow...gonna need something positive to take my mind off the season finale of America...*shudders*

The images found today are December releases (Disney should be in that bunch) so that's why they've been found. I wouldn't count on anything else being found or being posted if found.

Images have to be released soon-ish though, they are releasing on New Years Day, which is little over a month and a half away now.

Also, slightly off-topic, but is there a way to change my username on the site? It is beyond me why I chose this username, and I hate it.

Edited by AngelofVengeanceAzrael7

19 minutes ago, AngelofVengeanceAzrael7 said:

Also, slightly off-topic, but is there a way to change my username on the site? It is beyond me why I chose this username, and I hate it.

Just don't change that profile pic, it's dank af. heh

28 minutes ago, AngelofVengeanceAzrael7 said:

Images have to be released soon-ish though, they are releasing on New Years Day, which is little over a month and a half away now.

I think there's a thread for it, if you can't find it just PM a mod. I think you only get one chance (I changed mine from CM4S to CM4Sci!) so try that.

On 11/5/2016 at 2:30 PM, Jedi-Bendu said:

As said, Lando isn't in the skiff set, nor has he been confirmed for a hangar set. In fact, we still don't know IF there will be a hangar said (this set has never been confirmed unlike all the others) and from which movie that set is going to be.

Look, we don't put things up in the first post unless it has been confirmed!  And our sources are pretty good...that being said, anything can happen between anouncement internally and the release of said set, but I think we are pretty good!

15 hours ago, pittpenguin123 said:

The builds dont make it canon or legends. The speeder in the Rebel trooper battle pack dosnt make it legends, 

Actually I believe the speeder does make it legends. The minifigures in that battle pack are cannon, so what else could it be? I believe that anything in the set that is not cannon makes the entire set legends. Look at the Tie Fighter Collection (10131) it has cannon TIE Fighters but also has the TIE/d with the Droid Brain making the whole set listed as legends.

1 hour ago, xero_mouse said:

Actually I believe the speeder does make it legends. The minifigures in that battle pack are cannon, so what else could it be? I believe that anything in the set that is not cannon makes the entire set legends. Look at the Tie Fighter Collection (10131) it has cannon TIE Fighters but also has the TIE/d with the Droid Brain making the whole set listed as legends.

Legends means something that is WAS canon and is no longer canon. 

The only real legends sets are one that came out before the canon purge or ones lego makes like the E wing they said was Jek-14's starship. 

These dont seem to be based of anything. So they are more likely a non canon build (like 8014 its a canon set with just a tiny made up build)

17 hours ago, JDbricks said:

Just don't change that profile pic, it's dank af. heh

Heh, I dunno, I might, one day.

17 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

I think there's a thread for it, if you can't find it just PM a mod. I think you only get one chance (I changed mine from CM4S to CM4Sci!) so try that.

Ok, thanks.

So, just to clarify, are Thrawn and Kanan the only notable figs in that Thrawn set?

Edited by AngelofVengeanceAzrael7