Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

I didn't talked about putting a popular figure from a  $ 100 set into a $ 10 set. I talked about putting S2 or S3 Ezra - both never released, probably won't be released next year, protagonist of a popular kids show in a set, instead of an "AT-DP driver". Sure as a collector, I love to get 10 different Tie Pilots. But from a strategic standpoint of a toy company, that's a very odd choice.

As with Sabine, they could have included her in a cheap set & with the helmet + arm printing in an expensive set. All we got was Sabine without helmet & without armprinting in a $ 100 set.

2 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

As with Sabine, they could have included her in a cheap set & with the helmet + arm printing in an expensive set. All we got was Sabine without helmet & without armprinting in a $ 100 set.

Agreed 100% If any character should have had arm printing is Sabine With her custom spraypainted armor,

Edited by pittpenguin123

4 hours ago, pittpenguin123 said:

Agreed 100% If any character should have had arm printing is Sabine With her custom spraypainted armor,

+1

Agree as well... as if the LEGO designers didn't understand Sabine  as a character at all ... 

Aaand yet again the forum resorts to nothing more than b*tching about how bad the LEGO designers/marketers/operators/whatever other title are in the Star Wars theme.

Calm. Down.

The world will keep turning if we never get a Sabine with arm printing. It doesn't mean the designers are awful and don't understand the character, or that they'll only put the one with arm printing in a more expensive set to milk the money from poor children's pockets....it means they're employees doing a good job, and can't cater to every last persons wishes.

Now, can we PLEASE get back on topic...?

Just now, Sneakguest said:

looks good, that is a new helmet mold right?

Yep. I wonder if that figure'll be in the Y-Wing microfighter.. I think every set had a U-Wing pilot. 

That U-wing pilot has the wrong helmet and his hands are black instead of tan, or is it just the figure that comes witht the micro fighter?

The helmet is mismatched, right? Where is that standard rebel pilot going to appear again?

5 hours ago, makoy said:

The helmet is mismatched, right? Where is that standard rebel pilot going to appear again?

My guess: the U-wing microfighter.

The rebellion logo on both of these helmets looks more like the starbird logo painted by Sabine in Rebels than the traditional Alliance Starbird logo - maybe hinting at some links between RO and rebels.

Am I the only one who thinks the faces of those rebel pilots are really annoying. Their either really happy or really scared. The face used in the OT X-wing microfighter and 2014 advent calendar is so much better. Wish that one was the standard.

1 minute ago, bountybossk said:

Am I the only one who thinks the faces of those rebel pilots are really annoying. Their either really happy or really scared. The face used in the OT X-wing microfighter and 2014 advent calendar is so much better. Wish that one was the standard.

No, you're not (is it really that much more expensive to make unique prints under the visors etc. for each pilot?)

I dislike those happy/scared faces too, one of the expression should be more neutral.

I think the issue with reusing prints has less to do with the cost of printing and more to do with storage limitations. Basically the storage system is full. If they want an element in a new color or with a different print they need to remove another element to make room for it. 

That Y wing helmet reminds me of an A-wing one a bit. I wonder if it will feature a slide down visor like the Awing helmet does in the move (not lego obviously) 

Sorry if this has been answered (I may have missed it) but is the new Y-Wing a two seater? Or are we just getting an extra pilot like we did in the Black/Orange Poe Dameron X-Wing?

Edited by DapperSophist
Spelling

Any chance that the last minifig from the Y-wing could be either Edrio or Benthic "Two tubes"? the colours seem to match with the tan/dark grey drabs they appear to wear on-screen (google these characters if you don't know who they are).

2 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

City just got their final set pictures leaked, fingers crossed that the same will happen for Star Wars soon!

Hopefully :laugh: I NEED clear images, LEGO!!! :tongue:

Loving the y wing pilot, especially that helmet. Although side by side it makes the u wing pilot look far inferior, could be just my opinion, but they don't look like they belong in the same line. Not to say the u wing pilot isn't a lovely figure though.