Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

46 minutes ago, brobert said:

Which I don't quite understand, since it's a vehicle that was seen in the movie for literally 1 minute or less, until it's blown to pieces. And it kinda looks like a simple podracer...but whatever floats their boats I guess...

Still better than vehicles we hardly see at all in the movies, like the T-16 Skyhopper :poke: The Quadjumper is at least in the focus of the few shots it appears in and almost serves a purpose :grin:

Besides, it's a neat design, which is reason enough to turn it into a set IMO. It also might be our last chance to get some missing Jakku characters for the time being since the focus will soon shift towards Episode VIII :wink: Personally, I'd like to see either Zuvio, Bobbajo or Sarco Plank :thumbup:

Edited by Lego-Freak

50 minutes ago, brobert said:

Which I don't quite understand, since it's a vehicle that was seen in the movie for literally 1 minute or less, until it's blown to pieces. And it kinda looks like a simple podracer...but whatever floats their boats I guess...

The thing is that really there were very few new or particularly memorable ship designs in The Force Awakens so getting anything new is definitely preferable (at least to me) than getting another OT remake or updated TFA version of an OT ship, especially when there's really not that much left that could be adapted from the film. 

48 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Still better than vehicles we hardly see at all in the movies, like the T-16 Skyhopper :poke: The Quadjumper is at least in the focus of the few shots it appears in and almost serves a purpose :grin:

Besides, it's a neat design, which is reason enough to turn it into a set IMO. It also might be our last chance to get some missing Jakku characters for the time being since the focus will soon shift towards Episode VIII :wink: Personally, I'd like to see either Zuvio, Bobbajo or Sarco Plank :thumbup:

Which is what I don't understand- why do some complain about a minor ship when they want minor characters that didn't do anything in the film?

Quad jumper is making it's way everywhere now. In the table top game X-Wing, the Quadjumper has become such an overpowered ship to the consternation of many. It's really strange coming from the X-Wing forums hearing them always complaining about the ship to here where now a lot of people are also upset.

The quad jumper is a neat design and if it's not too expensive could be a fantastic ship. Will I buy it? Only if the minifigures are exceptional and the price is low.  

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

I wonder whether the Quadjumper will come with the Niima Outpost Gate. I think it would really appeal for those who want to create a Jakku set up with the sets.

Hothbricks seemed to mention the idea of creating the outpost with the set, so it's a possibility. 

The figure Constable Zuvio will for sure be in the set otherwise there's no 'new figures' in the set. 

After having thought about the list, it's not bad at all. Expect a few more sets as I don't see a £100 plus set, and we always get exclusives.  

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Agreed. I like the design since I saw it. Loved playing it in the Lego videogame. I will take any and all background or cut-from-the-film characters as well!

8 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

Thinking about it, it'd really not make sense for Lego not to produce any Rebels sets. An ongoing show is the best source material to base sets on. Given the copious amounts of TCW sets we got, I'd say that Rebels sets should be a given each wave.

Well they should indeed. But Lego treats Rebels a bit worse than TCW. First wave was great and then it went downhill. Season 3 is in full swing and Lego has barely covered the beginnings of Season 2. There are many missing characters and vehicles. I understand Rebels being less important than the movies but some omissions are just... sad.

Perhaps but we ARE getting a decent cheap set that looks great and has Thrawn in it! If that's indicative of anything however the fact that they included a cheap figure in such a small set is either due to fewer rebels sets coming out next year or a different economic approach. Rebels sets may not be selling nearly as well as the ought to and they figure pull back and put out a cheap set with desirable figures that may make them more then lots of different expensive sets. 

The Quadjumper is really the only interesting ship design in TFA. Even if its such a minor thing in the film, its still an interesting design.

Given how the Quadjumper is appearing here and there, it may also be likely that the same ship model will appear in other parts of the new trilogy. It's a cool design that I'd like to see used again, preferably in some prominent scenes. As it stands right now though, it is an odd choice for a set. 

If the Rebel Hangar is 'Yavin 4' then I should imagine that the set is going to be at least £100.  It would make a nice change to get an expensive ground based set though.  

5 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Hothbricks seemed to mention the idea of creating the outpost with the set, so it's a possibility. 

The figure Constable Zuvio will for sure be in the set otherwise there's no 'new figures' in the set. 

After having thought about the list, it's not bad at all. Expect a few more sets as I don't see a £100 plus set, and we always get exclusives.  

Not necessary, lego are good at throwing in figures that doesn't belong there, just to recall how they kind of switched places of Agent Kallus and the Fifth brother in the rebel sets. Wouldn't be surprised if they they instead would include a figure from the Takodana Cantina.

Maybe the Quadjumper was featured heavily in the Lego Force Awakens game, it might be that there are some missions with it and I think it has the Crimson Corsair appearing on Jakku too in the game. I can see that a valid reason of making it into a set :wink:

9 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Which is what I don't understand- why do some complain about a minor ship when they want minor characters that didn't do anything in the film?

I can't emphasize this more. You can't be more right. I guess it shows the state of the LSW fanbase - it's all about the minifigs.

Personally, I can't wait for the Quadjumper! I'm one of those fans clamouring for a set of it since TFA came out. Lego has shown to be willing to produce obscure ships and the Quadjumper is one of the more interesting TFA designs in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

If the Rebel Hangar is 'Yavin 4' then I should imagine that the set is going to be at least £100.  It would make a nice change to get an expensive ground based set though.  

Definitely. I may be stating star wars lego blasphemy by saying it but I prefer sets that are "scenes" rather than just a ton of ships/vehicles.

4 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

The Quadjumper is really the only interesting ship design in TFA. Even if its such a minor thing in the film, its still an interesting design.

That;s why everyone wants a set made of it, and I agree too.

1 hour ago, Aethersprite said:

I can't emphasize this more. You can't be more right. I guess it shows the state of the LSW fanbase - it's all about the minifigs.

I would say that statement is more true of the other lego licensed products as at least SW has several (numerous?) well known vehicles. 

Regardless, I think obscure figures will always be more desirable than vehicles or settings to collectors (which I imagine most AFOLs ultimately are). 

On 10/16/2016 at 8:00 AM, just2good said:

• 75166 Battle Pack (Episodes IV-VII) - 15 €
  • 75167 Battle Pack (Episodes IV-VII) - 15 €
  • 75178 Quadjumper (Star Wars The Force Awakens) - 60 €
  • 75180 The [Guavian] Death Gang (Star Wars The Force Awakens) - 80 €
  • 75182 Imperial Hovertank (?) - 30 €
  • 75183 Vader Transformation (Episode III : Revenge of the Sith) - 30 €
  • 75184 LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar 2017 - 30 € (?)
  • 75185 The Freemaker Adventures - 70 €
  • 75186 The Freemaker Adventures - 90 €

From hoth bricks :classic:

http://www.hothbricks.com/2016/10/nouveautes-lego-star-wars-2017-liste-sets-second-semestre/

Am I the only one grumpy that Vader's figure is no longer rare?

Also, why are ALL the imgur leak links broken?

Edited by VaderFan2187

18 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I don't understand how you don't want a ship that appeared for around 10 seconds but still want characters like Zuvio and Bobbajo who were on screen for just about the same time.

just my thought

Sometimes it comes down to an issue of display space. With so much new Star Wars material coming out I sometimes have to prioritize which sets I'm going to buy which means just focusing on the memoriable ships/vehicles over the minor ones. But minor background characters can still be useful for supplementing some of the other sets I already own, such as Bobbajo in the Jakku Marketplace set that came out a few months ago.

I don't have a problem with obscure ships being made though. Its always great to see so many parts of the Star Wars universe recreated in Lego no matter how big or small they may be.

12 hours ago, brobert said:

Lets be honest here - how many other Lego sets have also appeared for less than a minute in the movies? You've got the A-Wing, B-Wing, TIE Bomber, TIE Interceptor, Sith Infiltrator, Flash Speeder, Cloud Car, Imperial Landing Craft, T-16 Skyhopper and 90% of the ships/vehicles that appeared in Revenge of the Sith.

As long as the sets are well made and look good does it really matter how much screentime they had?

6 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Am I the only one grumpy that Vader's figure is no longer rare?

Why should anybody be angry for being able to get a cool new figure in a low price set? especially if it is already in a not so expensive one.

7 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Also, why are ALL the imgur leak links broken?

Because leakes are not allowed here.

What would be the play features of the quadjumper? Press a button and it breaks into a million parts?

2 minutes ago, paulsp2012 said:

That actually sounds kind of cool lol

Play feature: drop it aaaaaaaaaand...................

Spoiler

IT BREAKS!! YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING, DID YOU? :tongue:

9 minutes ago, Nom Carver said:

Why should anybody be angry for being able to get a cool new figure in a low price set? especially if it is already in a not so expensive one.

Because leakes are not allowed here.

I know leaks are not allowed here, but the imgur links...?

And I like my Vader figures to be rare :-D i have two

Edited by VaderFan2187