Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

1 hour ago, bountybossk said:

This can't be right? The Quadjumper? It has no significant role in the film as it appeared for no more than a second. Than they blew it up.

Which minifigs will be included? Rey, Finn, BB-8 & Unkar? Highly uninteresting.

Besides that, I think I can name 10 scenes/ships we need updated instead of this thing.

Well, they did the First Order Snowspeeder...

17 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Well, they did the First Order Snowspeeder...

that's true but that ship was part of a pretty big sequence in the film that was completely cut. Whereas the quadjumper is just a piece of concept art made into a background prop. It's like if this ship from TPM was made into a set:

4rglfKU.png

Ridiculous if you ask me. Hopefully it's a placeholder. To me it's funny, there is basically nothing else from TFA to make into a set aside from the finaliser. It really shows how unoriginal the design of the film was. Anyway, it doesn't matter

I agree with the unoriginal film design, I felt like I walked out of the theater watching a bootleg ripoff of ANH.  Anyways, before the conversation degrades to TFA discussion, I'm actually pretty excited for most of these sets, but I'm thinking maybe the quadjumper is just a pile of bricks with a couple flame pieces :laugh:, a screaming Finn, Rey, BB-8, and a couple denizens of Niima? Seriously though, I could see them doing that set, I mean, it would be good for them to get every possible set out of the way now right?  Then they could do a Finalizer for Ep. VIII or IX.  I can't really remember, but how much material did they cover for say, Ep. II or III?  Granted, that was a different time, but it might be a guide how much material they could cover.

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Couldn't agree more! 

One it's too early for a summer list, two half of the sets make no sense. Why release Force Awakens sets when there are so many other sets to make. Lego aren't that stupid either to make the most expensive sets from The Freemaker Adventures... let alone the lack of Rogue one Sets. I'm calling fake I really am.

Hoth Bricks has always been a reliable source; there's no reason to doubt them IMO. They've always been providing pretty accurate leaks the past few years.

Has anyone suggested maybe Constable Zuvio appearing in the Quadjumper? I bet Mon Mothma and the blue Mon Calamari will be in the rebel hanger if it's Yavin based from Rogue One. 

I like that were getting the quadjumper!! It only appeared for a brief second but its nice to flesh out the Lego Star Wars universe as a place where we get civ ships and unique one off to help flesh out the array of sets. I personally really like having sets that could be used in a moc of just civs and aliens alike than just rebels vs empire and others. 

Battle packs useful as always, the death gang set can have a lot of potential hoping for at least 2 death gang members, Bala Tik, a Raphtar, Han and Chewie.

The 2 freemakers sets could honestly have great potential for minifigs i can imagine for the 90 dollar set being Graballa's ship http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/5d/Rancor_Fist_Crystal_Chase.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160902113056 (its essentially a larger metal sailbarge but built for space flight and etc) but would come with the Graballa his toydarian servant, Baash & Raam and some random alien pirate like a Gotal (the species has been used in a few episodes). I personally would buy this in a heart beat and the 80 dollar set could either be the freemakers ship transformation like they did in the last episode or maybe there hangar from on the Wheel.

Well I'm hoping this new phantom set will have a different looking Chopper. I'd like to see him with imperial disguise on and maybe his little arms out or something.

Honestly, this seems like a really oddball (and slightly disappointing) selection of sets if it does end up true. Where are all the Rebels sets...?!

1 hour ago, Kman860 said:

I can't really remember, but how much material did they cover for say, Ep. II or III?  Granted, that was a different time, but it might be a guide how much material they could cover.

In the early years we really only got the essential ships/vehicles while the character selection was severely lacking. The prequels are better covered today but its taken a decade of new sets to get there and The Clone Wars TV series helped played a big part in filling out a lot of those gaps. Still there's a lot left unexplored in terms of both sets and minifigures. I don't think any of the individual prequel films have been quite as well represented as TFA is today.

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

Has anyone suggested maybe Constable Zuvio appearing in the Quadjumper? I bet Mon Mothma and the blue Mon Calamari will be in the rebel hanger if it's Yavin based from Rogue One. 

I think Zuvio is probably the most likely out of Jakku's locals to appear since he's pretty similar to Embo and wouldn't require any new parts. I can see Sarco Plank appearing too if Lego went with a printed face under a red Jedi hood. I'm still hoping for Bobbajo though.

The Guavian Death Gang set sounds great, as soon as I saw the film I thought they'd be great in minifig form, along with maybe a Rathtar. At that price, it almost sounds like we'll be getting their ship too, which would be great as it looked like a really cool design(even though we only got a small glimpse of it). The Quadjumper is an odd choice but it was cool looking and it provides an opportunity for some great new figs based on people and aliens from Niima Outpost. More battle packs are always good. The Darth Vader set sounds "meh" but it could surprise me. I'm kind of surprised we're getting more Freemaker stuff but at least it should mean some more cool figs and maybe some Legacy characters or vehicles, like what the Yoda Chronicles did with Jek's ship as well as indroducing the awesome Ithorian head mold. If the Imperial Tank is a version of the Republic Tank from several years back based on the one from Battlefront, it'll be a must-have for sure. I'm still kicking myself for not getting it before.

Edited by ToaDraco

I second all of the Bobbajo requests. :grin: I also see a lot of people speculating that the Rebel Hangar is the one from Yavin IV. I thought this was supposed to be the Lando set? So wouldn't it be from Return of the Jedi?

List doesn't seem right to me either. Are we sure that Tyler hasn't been up to tricks again? Hoth Bricks are pretty good so maybe TLG is feeding false information to see where the leaks are. The quadjumper is such a pointless set, the minifigs are all available in current sets and most should reappear in Episode VIII sets. List is missing UCS Cloud City, Yoda's Hut, Jedi Temple and MF re-release...:hmpf_bad:

4 hours ago, MagmaCam said:

The 2 freemakers sets could honestly have great potential for minifigs i can imagine for the 90 dollar set being Graballa's ship http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/5d/Rancor_Fist_Crystal_Chase.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160902113056 (its essentially a larger metal sailbarge but built for space flight and etc) but would come with the Graballa his toydarian servant, Baash & Raam and some random alien pirate like a Gotal (the species has been used in a few episodes). I personally would buy this in a heart beat and the 80 dollar set could either be the freemakers ship transformation like they did in the last episode or maybe there hangar from on the Wheel.

That Sailbarge idea for Freemakers honestly sounds pretty awesome, love the range of aliens its possible we could get and I've always had a soft spot for Star Wars gangsters...

Just searched Grabella and I would absolutely love to get him in a set, it would be amazing to have another full-sized Hutt to go alongside the most recent Jabba. The other aliens sound sweet as well, I was sold at the prospect of another Toydarian and two Itkorians! Really looking forward to seeing this set. 

The possibility of getting Graballa the Hutt and some other unique aliens alone actually makes getting more Freemakers sets worth it.

I don't question the legitimacy of that list for a simple reason: it sounds realistic :wink: Fake lists forgers always make the same mistake, they give us lists with sets and minifigs people have wanted for years - they always sound too good to be true. This one certainly doesn't, thus it's very likely to be genuine :grin:

2 hours ago, Artanis I said:

The quadjumper is such a pointless set, the minifigs are all available in current sets and most should reappear in Episode VIII sets.

That all depends on who they include with the set...

3 minutes ago, x105Black said:

That all depends on who they include with the set...

Making a quick guess I'll say Rey,Finn,BB8 and a couple of FO stormies.

But I agree,of all the sets they could have made they went ahead with this one.A ship that appeared for 5 seconds on screen....

7 hours ago, Ultron said:

That was my first thought too - Zuvio in the Quadjumper. It'd be an obvious inclusion! Perhaps Finn and Rey as well? 

Edited by Aethersprite

8 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

Hoth Bricks has always been a reliable source; there's no reason to doubt them IMO. They've always been providing pretty accurate leaks the past few years.

Yes after following Lego Star Wars for a number of years Hothbricks are reliable. Just felt like a strange list in my opinion and now, having time to think about it, it's just not a good list for me. Someone wouldn't make a fake list with Sets some will find average. Brickset did also update their 2017 page too yesterday so I guess, it does make sense. 

If the details are correct, it's going to be another inexpensive year for me.... :look:

Perhaps I'm getting to old for this - but I can't muster any enthusiasm for any of the Rebels or Freemaker sets.

I've spent virtually nothing this year thanks to the totally mediocre UCS 'offerings' - even with the recent triple VIP points I couldn't bring myself to order Insult on Hoth,  Hopefully TLG have got something really magical planned for 2017, although I think that I may have said that about 2016!  The only sets which may be on my list to date are the new Landspeeder, provided that it includes a couple of Sandpeople, and possibly Vader's Transformation.

1 hour ago, Lobot said:

If the details are correct, it's going to be another inexpensive year for me.... :look:

Perhaps I'm getting to old for this - but I can't muster any enthusiasm for any of the Rebels or Freemaker sets.

I've spent virtually nothing this year thanks to the totally mediocre UCS 'offerings' - even with the recent triple VIP points I couldn't bring myself to order Insult on Hoth,  Hopefully TLG have got something really magical planned for 2017, although I think that I may have said that about 2016!  The only sets which may be on my list to date are the new Landspeeder, provided that it includes a couple of Sandpeople, and possibly Vader's Transformation.

It could certainly be an easy year. Those UCS slots are something I'm hoping give me something big to focus on but a lot of the other stuff rae easy passes for me... even the Quad Jumper. From what people have been saying about potential Freemakers sets (assuming it's real) do we know if another new story will be here by the time this wave hits? Is there potential for new characters rather than just those from the exiting episodes?

I don't care for the Freemakers and the ROTS set, but the Guavians and the Quadjumper sound good.

I wonder though what they'll include in the Guavian set: 2 Guavians, Bala-Tik, Han & Chewbacca (5 figs sounds right for a € 80 set), a brick built Rathtar....and for the rest? a few hallways?

Regarding the Quadjumper: I bet they'll pull an 'Ahsoka/Dengar' by including a great minifig most of us will want to have.

I actually like the idea of a quad jumper a lot. Back when TPM was released we got the flashspeeder and it was a great set that was different than anything else we got from that wave. I think it would be a great opportunity to do something like that.