Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

betaplayer, I didn't see a TIE striker in the trailer - however there is one (and only one) in the R1 beach poster that was also released last night. On far right.

30hy0lf.png

Wasn't planning to get a 75154 because I thought I would feel compelled to build a whole fleet of them. But if there is only one... that makes getting one a lot more tempting. It's size is so much longer than another TIE that it makes you wonder what it's used for? Surgical strikes?

Edited by darththeling

New Rogue One trailer kinda explained Skariff Bunker set. Jyn Erso in Ground Crew disguise, and Kassian ( strangely not in officer uniform). I'm dissapointed that we don't get another K2-SO , seems Lego wants to keep him exclusive to Krennic's Shuttle set( good thing I have this set). And after seeing Saw Gurerra full body shot we just have to get his minifigure at some point! 

Edited by benderisgreat

57 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

and Kassian ( strangely not in officer uniform). 

Im thinking he may also be in the ywing? How else does an imperial officer fit in with a fully rebel set?

2 hours ago, darththeling said:

betaplayer, I didn't see a TIE striker in the trailer - however there is one (and only one) in the R1 beach poster that was also released last night. On far right.

30hy0lf.png

Wasn't planning to get a 75154 because I thought I would feel compelled to build a whole fleet of them. But if there is only one... that makes getting one a lot more tempting. It's size is so much longer than another TIE that it makes you wonder what it's used for? Surgical strikes?

It is only used inside planets atmosphere from what I've read.

57 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Im thinking he may also be in the ywing? How else does an imperial officer fit in with a fully rebel set?

That would make total sense.  I always thought the inclusion of a single officer here was a little bit unusual, but Cassian in disguise would tie in with the disguised Jyn from the bunker set.

3 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

I don't think they would put a main character in 2 sets in one wave. 

3 minutes ago, joeyl19 said:

I don't think they would put a main character in 2 sets in one wave. 

They did with Rey 

Yes, but that was the bigger wave of TFA, plus then they didn't put her in the winter wave then instead. BTW I think that figure looks more like Saw Guerra, which would make more sense, they need more attractive mini figures in the winter wave, as I look at it, it's only the moroff that it the really attractive mini figure in those two R1 sets.

I was thinking about the new Rogue One character Moroff.  In the leak photos he appears to be just a white Chewbacca torso.  Do you think this is how we ended up with "Christmas" Chewbacca in the advent calendar this year?  Perhaps there were some production efficiencies needed to justify casting that part in white plastic?

29 minutes ago, Bley Harvest said:

I was thinking about the new Rogue One character Moroff.  In the leak photos he appears to be just a white Chewbacca torso.  Do you think this is how we ended up with "Christmas" Chewbacca in the advent calendar this year?  Perhaps there were some production efficiencies needed to justify casting that part in white plastic?

I don't think they'll use the Wookiee mould for Moroff due to his huge backpack :wink: There's no way you can attach something to that mould so it has to be a new one (maybe with a stud on the back, just like K-2SO) :classic:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Oh no, I hope Moroff isnt molded with a massive backpack! i'm sure it would look cool but then we won't have a normal version of his species...ah well I guess that's how it must be.

2 hours ago, Forresto said:

Oh no, I hope Moroff isnt molded with a massive backpack! i'm sure it would look cool but then we won't have a normal version of his species...ah well I guess that's how it must be.

Thing is he also seems to wear that mask thing as well, which may not be the norm for his species, so getting something that could also represent a normal version of his kind is somewhat unlikely anyway :pir-cry_sad:

Aaaah! Now I understand why the 2016 thread is so quiet!!!

I with I had time to read through all 70 pages but I don't, I would be massively grateful to anyone who could clue me in the the salient points... have new sets been rumoured etc?

Thanks in advance.

Wow, that Moroff minifig is top-notch :thumbup: He even got "toe"-printing! And looks like I may have been right about the stud on the back since the backpack is not shown on the pic :wink:

Just a reminder, no one is stopping you from talking about pictures that may or may not be leaked. Just don't post the link here. I'd be bad if Eurobricks gets flagged as a url that leads to where the leaked pictures are found.

That said, did you see the picture of Moroff's back? He clearly has space for a neck bracket to hold his backpack. It's nice that TLG didn't go full molded piece for him so he can be used in other contexts.

LEGO does it again like no-one else can (looking at you Lepin & co): a FANTASTIC minifig.

I've said it before, I am not always happy with LEGO's choices, but they should give the people that have designed the RO sets/figs a raise....and please: let them design the Episode VIII sets as well!

Gosh darn it I didnt want to buy the Y-Wing but that figure is gorgeous, perhaps one of the best alien designs TLG has ever made! If the other figures in the set are of this quality I will have no choice but to. 

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

That said, did you see the picture of Moroff's back? He clearly has space for a neck bracket to hold his backpack. It's nice that TLG didn't go full molded piece for him so he can be used in other contexts.

You're right, there's clearly space for a neck bracket :thumbup: They even printed fur on his back in case you don't want to put on his backpack :wub: Speaking of which, I wonder how that'll be constructed given its size in the film :grin: If the other RO minifig accessories are anything to go by, it'll be very accurate to say the least :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Top notch fig, he's gonna look even better with his badass weaponry ( Long rifle mini-gun ) that's for sure! 

Edited by RetroInferno

Absolutely fantastic minifig; looks even better than I thought it would. The entire Rogue One lineup is just so solid it's unbelievable.

Brickset's got summer stuff.

That is A LOT of set numbers.

I hope we get a new TIE Defender in the Summer, I missed the old one and now it seems it's canon again I'd love to see it.