Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

30 minutes ago, Spoddy said:

I do get what you are saying, but as with @Cyberfounder, I would rather they didn't change it as then it would reset our collections of OT Stormies once again.

I'd rather have that they update them with a battlepack as quickly as possible and then make them stay the same for as long as possible than that they will make a new design 2 years from now in some 100€ set that will make them impossible to obtain at a good price, and let us reset our collections when at that time we have obtained a decent quantity :wink:

14 hours ago, Something_Awesome said:

lol If you're talking about a cipher... forget about it... that's above me.

Just google ceaser cipher decoder its not hard.

10 hours ago, xero_mouse said:

No they are not, the Rebels helmets have dark azure vents with dark bley patches and the OT helmets have dark blue vents with sand blue patches. They are the same mold and look

Interesting, I just spotted a couple of other differences that I had never noticed. Thanks for the comparison!

Honestly without back printing on the hip stormtroopers don't look right with white hips. Not in the way white hips look alright on FO troopers, who seem to have more white then their OT counterparts. I wouldn't even argue its any more accurate for the hips to be white either. Yes there's the codpiece and the rear part of the armor that is white but the black under suit is quite prominent. Without it a stormtrooper looks strange. 

Edited by Forresto

11 hours ago, xero_mouse said:

No they are not, the Rebels helmets have dark azure vents with dark bley patches and the OT helmets have dark blue vents with sand blue patches. They are the same mold and look 

The biggest difference for me is the angle of the mouth vent thing.

3 hours ago, Spoddy said:

I do get what you are saying, but as with @Cyberfounder, I would rather they didn't change it as then it would reset our collections of OT Stormies once again.

I get what you guys are saying, you have built a collection and want them to stay the same.  But I think that the best would be to get all of the figures to a high standard (which to me would be printed hips on Stormtroopers, printed arms on Boba Fett, etc.) and keep them there.  I would collect OT Stormies if they were to achieve this standard.  As it is now, I am rarely excited about a Star Wars minifigure because they lack details that either have appeared before and were removed (like those above), or because they haven't gotten it up to standard yet (like Han, who needs side printing and dual molding on his legs).

Considering how many new molds were made for rebel trooper helmets this year I'll expect at least one of each to be represented in next year's battlepack as well, which is fairly exciting. At least we'll get a bit more variety than in the Resistance Trooper battlepack. All I hope now is that the different uniforms can be rearranged just to keep each trooper unique...

8 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I get what you guys are saying, you have built a collection and want them to stay the same.  But I think that the best would be to get all of the figures to a high standard (which to me would be printed hips on Stormtroopers, printed arms on Boba Fett, etc.) and keep them there.  I would collect OT Stormies if they were to achieve this standard.  As it is now, I am rarely excited about a Star Wars minifigure because they lack details that either have appeared before and were removed (like those above), or because they haven't gotten it up to standard yet (like Han, who needs side printing and dual molding on his legs).

I wish they made Star Wars figures up to Super Hero standards (although that would arguably raise the prices, and unlike that theme, the main focus of these sets isn't mainly the figures). A lot of figs are crying for dual molds, like Han and 3PO.

3 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

I wish they made Star Wars figures up to Super Hero standards (although that would arguably raise the prices, and unlike that theme, the main focus of these sets isn't mainly the figures). A lot of figs are crying for dual molds, like Han and 3PO.

I concur, and one particular character has been on my mind that needs the benefit of the dual molded arms: Rey. If they molded the top shoulder part of the arm flesh colour and then the rest grey as normal, it would give the look of her arm wrapping being separate from the rest of her outfit. It likely wouldn't be an expensive update and it would be worthwhile.

Lego is so expensive that every figure should be to the standard (or higher) of the collectible minifig sets. Missing leg printing (and with editions of Han, back printing...) is insulting, especially in sets costing more than 2 PS4's!!

52 minutes ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

Lego is so expensive that every figure should be to the standard (or higher) of the collectible minifig sets. Missing leg printing (and with editions of Han, back printing...) is insulting, especially in sets costing more than 2 PS4's!!

Absolutely agree.  Star Wars is a marquee theme, a regular big seller at the top of their product line.  As such, it should be at the top of the quality standards.

I'm sorry to say this, but I feel you all act too entitled. You ask for every other minor character, you complain about the lack of details on figures. Yes, Lego is able to do such things but just because they don't means we should slander them for it? Be thankful what you do have- 17 years of Lego Star Wars. So many themes haven't been that lucky . My advice? Try, try, try to be thankful. Please

Edited by Duncan Young

Yes guys, please keep use this thread to talk about future sets, not complaints about how Lego does things.

51 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

I'm sorry to say this, but I feel you all act too entitled. You ask for every other minor character, you complain about the lack of details on figures. Yes, Lego is able to do such things but just because they don't means we should slander them for it? Be thankful what you do have- 17 years of Lego Star Wars. So many themes haven't been that lucky . My advice? Try, try, try to be thankful. Please

:sceptic:

On the photo of the Yoda's starfighter you can see on the top rhigt a partly visible cockpit of the new Phantom. You can't clearly see the minifigure in it, but I think it has some sort of visard on the eyes so it could be a new Kanan Jarrus. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

Yeah, I'm with you on this one. They are just toys everyone, very fun toys, but still toys.

2 hours ago, nikro said:

On the photo of the Yoda's starfighter you can see on the top rhigt a partly visible cockpit of the new Phantom. You can't clearly see the minifigure in it, but I think it has some sort of visard on the eyes so it could be a new Kanan Jarrus. 

There are already pictures of the entire new Phantom out there...

13 hours ago, La Chupacabra said:

I think that sw585 is the best Stormie for now. Black hips are OK for me. 

I agree with this too. Plus I have like 40-something of them, so don't want them to change :)

Have we ever gotten a battlepack with just one variant of troop? Not counting the troop transport from last year.

3 hours ago, nikro said:

It is. That shape is exactly the same as kanan's mask and he's already confirmed for the set. 

IMG_5755.PNG

13 hours ago, pittpenguin123 said:

Just google ceaser cipher decoder its not hard.

You say that like everyone should've just known to do that...

3 hours ago, MartinCliffe said:

I agree with this too. Plus I have like 40-something of them, so don't want them to change :)

Me too. I have 65 of them :wink: And I planning to buy more in next month, so LEGO don't change printing :blush: