Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Both BP build look nice!
I just have to see if I like the deathtrooper enough to buy multiple of.
Also, are the Rebels in the BP with Endor camo. Because I would sure love a bunch of Endor trooper to go with my shuttle Tydirium. (A small build AND a speeder is a must get anyway)
They also look like they have a new piece around the studshooter to make it a bazooka

25 minutes ago, duboismerci said:

Both BP build look nice!
I just have to see if I like the deathtrooper enough to buy multiple of.
Also, are the Rebels in the BP with Endor camo. Because I would sure love a bunch of Endor trooper to go with my shuttle Tydirium. (A small build AND a speeder is a must get anyway)
They also look like they have a new piece around the studshooter to make it a bazooka

Its just a 1x1 tube spout thingy. 

They have used it before

I hope the imperial officer we are getting with the microfighter is a regular, dark gray-uniformed officer, not some unusual type of officer with black or dark tan uniform.

3 minutes ago, Artizan said:

I hope the imperial officer we are getting with the microfighter is a regular, dark gray-uniformed officer, not some unusual type of officer with black or dark tan uniform.

It's hard to tell from the images but it looks like an Imperial officer or pilot in black will be included in the 75163 MicroFighter and an Imperial officer or technician in light grey will be included in the 75172 vehicle.

59 minutes ago, pittpenguin123 said:

Its just a 1x1 tube spout thingy. 

They have used it before

Well, it's nice that they make variation to the weapons of the BP even tho they are all studshooters.

Bricklink has their U-Wing review up and it looks phenomenal. I am particularly happy with the amount of space and headroom in the troop compartment. The reviewer says you can fit 6 figs inside. 

Just now, jhaelego said:

Bricklink has their U-Wing review up and it looks phenomenal. I am particularly happy with the amount of space and headroom in the troop compartment. The reviewer says you can fit 6 figs inside. 

you mean brickset, not bricklink.

8 minutes ago, jhaelego said:

Wow, that is impressive.

1 hour ago, Artizan said:

Pretty sure it's gonna be an imperial pilot like the regular Lambda class shuttle. I highly doubt Krennic drives his shuttle himself so it's gonna be a nice mini fig addition if you own the shuttle. 

I would also very much like if the pilots mini figs are all diferent from the main sets ( except for the Tie pilot ) to add incentive to get them. 

37 minutes ago, Jar Jar Bricks said:

Are there images of the BP's out yet? If so are they in the usual places?

Yes.

2 hours ago, Artizan said:

you mean brickset, not bricklink.

Exactly this. :laugh:

Sometimes I wish there was a like option on comments so I don't have to post a silly comment on everything that makes me chuckle. :)

1 hour ago, Thomty said:

The pics have been taken down :/

That sucks. :hmpf_bad:

Oh well, we will get oficial pics in few months. From what I've seen so far Phantom 2.0 and TIE Striker Microfighter looked most interesting for me.

Edited by Krulis

20 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

So how's 2 highly detailed new Deathtroopers minifigures in cheap battlepack is a poor decision? Shoretroopers are coming out in Skariff set next year, so that's a way to get them, or bricklnk them.  And officers minifigures in battlepacks are bad decisions in my opinion as battlepacks are supposed to help build large armies of generic troopers. This years FO battlepack is a great example of Lego screwing up, by including 2 FO engineers instead of just 4 Stormtroopers as fans wanted. So people who bought more than a few of this battlepacks now have equal amounts of engineers and Stormtroopers which is ridiculous! Did anyone wanted to build army of FO engineers? No! So I'm glad that they learned from that mistake and are making army builders battlepacks.

My main point about having four different figures in the new battlepack is that with all the new variants (Death trooper, shore trooper, tank trooper) they could've easily had the BP include all 3 of them and a regular stormie or even had 2 stormies and forego the tank trooper since I doubt there is need for an army of them. I really liked the empire BP from this year as it had a great distribution of figures. Apparently no one else wants a bunch of officers or technicians but they are great to populate the Death Star, Star Destroyers, or even the Imperial Assault carriers and they're generic enough to fit in well enough with republic sets too. The FO BP was not great since it had an officer and an engineer who appears in multiple other sets and should've been replaced with a generic FO stormtrooper. Lastly, I, like others probably, want to army build Shore troopers since the seem to be used heavily in RO and getting three total out of a $70 set and most likely $60 set will help no one in doing that. I really only want maybe 8 or so Death Troopers, even though they look awesome, since they are an elite squad and shouldn't be as common as generic stormtroopers.

31 minutes ago, LEGODrongo01 said:

has lego ever made a battlepack with more than 5 figs?

Unless you count battle droids, then no. It's sort of a tradition that each battlepack comes with four various troop types, although it seems next year they're going to be a bit less generous with how many different battlepacks they produce:pir-sad2:. Here's hoping the Star Wars Episode 8 wave comes with battlepacks before next next January :tongue: 

2 hours ago, Artanis I said:

Not since the 90s unless I'm mistaken. And for SW has there ever been one with 5?

The droid battle pack in 2007 had four battle droids and three super battle droids. The assassin droid battle pack had 5 assassin droids. There was also a  pirates of the Caribbean battle pack that had 5 figs. Other than that they all have 4

I mentionned the Y-Wing canopy piece a few pages back and I really think they are going to use the U-Wing's printed piece for the ship, they are really similar in universe. 

I think it's very interesting how the battle packs have been handled since their inception: we went from two one-faction battle packs a year (2007-2011) to two two-faction packs (2012-2013) to three regular packs (2014) to four packs a year (2015-2016) and now back to two (2017) :wacko: Trial and error at its finest I guess :laugh: One can only speculate why the amount of battle packs has been reduced to its original state (especially since we're probably never going to get an official statement or anything, that'd be quite ridiculous though the more I think about it). I guess they've simply run out of source material that could make for reasonable battle packs without retreading what they've previously covered. Remember that a lot of the recent battle packs were either based on a recently published canon property (TFA, the new Battlefront game) or Legends material that was either entirely made up by TLG (Phase II Clone Troopers with Geonosis camouflage) or very obscure (Shadow Guards). I think TLG was grasping at straws here and thus decided to release only two packs next year. Or maybe it was Disney who demanded TLG to cease covering the somewhat silly Legends stuff now that is has been de-canonized :wink: 

Edited by Lego-Freak

I noticed that dark green seemed to be heavily used on both the build and the figures in the RO Rebel battle pack, but I hope we get a particular variation of soldiers. 2 of the Rebel soldier that appears in the Striker set, and 1 each of the two different Rebels that appear in the AT-ST and the U-Wing, which gives and plain yet varied grouping of plain Rebel soldiers.

The Imperial battle pack honestly sounds amazing. I find it curious how people are upset about 2 Deathtroopers. Sure, they might not be everywhere all the time in Rogue One (I feel like they'll be around Krennic mostly), but why does that matter for army building? Having lots of Deathtroopers sounds awesome, and more Stormies is so fantastic. 

Also, I'm pretty sure but not quite 100% if the helmet mold used for the Shoretrooper is the same as the Hovertank trooper, am I right?