Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

12 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

You mean in the bunker or outside of it? What's in that bunker's doorway anyway? It looks like a mini fig or something...

Yes that thing in the doorway. 

Anyone else tired of lego's deliberate leaks?

its 2016 and we each carry phones with zillion megapixel cameras...and we get blurry pictures of catalogues?! Was the catalogue hanging from a pole?!

Nah, Lego is doing this deliberately and the poor quality is to defeat bootleggers. 

What I can't understand is what their goal is - maybe to guage people's responses to set pricing/identify improvements?

In any event - enough! Half the readers of this board weren't even alive the last time a phone with such a bad camera was in production...

From the look of it, I'd say those shoretroopers have definitely got different colour arms. I love the look of that bunker set - plenty of MOD potential and the shoretroopers are my favourite minifigures of the wave. Y-wing looks great too with 5 minifigures. Landspeeder is surely an easy miss for anyone who picked up the cantina, but maybe it'll bring down the price of tuskens. 

56 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

That's really intriguing... maybe just the art of a character they are going to tease for the summer wave?

Could be. There is a bright glow behind it so maby a focus point of the set? Would be cool if its going to be Darth Vader

54 minutes ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

Anyone else tired of lego's deliberate leaks?

its 2016 and we each carry phones with zillion megapixel cameras...and we get blurry pictures of catalogues?! Was the catalogue hanging from a pole?!

Nah, Lego is doing this deliberately and the poor quality is to defeat bootleggers

What I can't understand is what their goal is - maybe to guage people's responses to set pricing/identify improvements?

In any event - enough! Half the readers of this board weren't even alive the last time a phone with such a bad camera was in production...

In most of these pictures the image is perfectly clear. You can tell this because the piece of paper / post-it note at the bottom is in focus. The catalogues are prelims and likely printed in a low resolution because it's cheaper and quicker than hi-res images.

Just now, Aethersprite said:

I assume you mean that the bunker battle is $50 and the Y-Wing is $60?

Yep. 

There looks like there is a light coming out of the thing in the doorway, if that can help solve the mystery. And CM4Sci, do you know how much the Phantom costs?

Edited by BrickLord123

3 minutes ago, BrickLord123 said:

There looks like there is a light coming out of the thing in the doorway, if that can help solve the mystery. And CM4Sci, do you know how much the Phantom costs?

$30/£24.99

Many thanks to our 2017 picture poster, we all truly do appreciate it. (Even those who seem doubtful for some apparent reason) :wacko: *sigh*

Anyway, love the destroyed hover tank in front of the bunker. The set seems pretty promising especially if one were to expand upon it. 

33 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

Yep. 

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

I doubt it's him, after all he don't like sand.

60$ for the Y Wing seems reasonable, it's 10$ less than a Tie! 

Yeah, I still can't believe that the TIE Striker costs $70. All the other RO sets are reasonably priced except for that one. Glad to see that the Y-Wing is cheaper!

3 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

I wonder if CM4 talked to lego milk, as he stated 2 medium RO set and a big one. I think the Y wimg fills that big one and the exclusive set is going to be the other medium sized one.

And it appears we are going to have shore troopers variants too, these two guys on the box at least have different colored arms. 

I think the lando set is actually the Saw Gerrera set and that its not an ep 6 hanger but the base on yalvin 4

28x28 base plate with a bunker, platform, vegetation and 4 figs. 

Sounds way better than Takodana or the shitty luga beast junkward, and is cheaper. 

I'm very happy with the prices for the Bunker Battle & the Y-Wing. Cheaper than I was expecting. The Rogue One subtheme as a whole seems to be priced exceptionally well, making all of the sets instant-buys for me, personally. Couldn't have asked for a better outcome.

1 hour ago, Aethersprite said:

Yeah, I still can't believe that the TIE Striker costs $70. All the other RO sets are reasonably priced except for that one. Glad to see that the Y-Wing is cheaper!

TLG keeps getting TIEs wrong, demonstrating a lack of understanding for the starfighters. They are supposed to be nimble and attack in swarms, yet they keep oversizing them and making the wings too thick. The TIE Striker, however, may have an in-universe purpose: the centre point/cockpit of the ship is huge. Maybe it's meant to be a fast moving bomber, capable of taking out Rebel capital ships? Utterly fascinating that the Y Wing is cheaper than the TIE Striker! 

Cheers and much gratitude for the leaks, CM4Sci. It's been a bit of a dry spell and the timing couldn't be better.

3 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

Yep. 

That's actually pretty great - with the prices for X-Wing and TIE fighters going up recently I would have assumed a $70 price tag for the Y-Wing for sure. It also looks larger than the last two versions, and including five minifigs (at least two of them exclusive, I guess) really sweetens the deal.

50 for the bunker battle means it's this year's Takodana - overpriced scenery set, but still the cheapest way to get the main characters. Shame that it will keep shore troopers extremely expensive.

5 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

And it appears we are going to have shore troopers variants too, these two guys on the box at least have different colored arms. 

To me it looks as though the colour difference in the shore troopers extends beyond the arms and into the printing on the torso.

Once again the eurobricks forum analysing a blurry picture to the level a forensic expert can only dream of. More fun than seeing official crystal clear pictures sometimes.