Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Absolutely, I'm nostalgic. To be sure, there are plenty of old minifigures that weren't at all accurate or have been helped enormously by redesign. I'm very grateful for the most recent iteration of Luke's hair because the previous versions didn't work at all, and I really liked the introduction of flesh-colored figs. The original phase 1 clone trooper helmets weren't great. The original Jabba and Gamorreans are awful because they are just plain sand green. The first General Grievous was nice at the time but really doesn't stand up over time. Face prints on Ewoks are a great improvement.

On the other hand, just because a fig is old doesn't mean it's dated. Stormtroopers, Vader; as others have said, Boba Fett. The print on Han from the original Sail Barge (I suppose it's 10 years old now, but bear with me) is incredibly simple but really represents Han very well. Perhaps Robianco is right that my opinion is shaped by the first versions of classic characters. On the other hand, I'd love to see a 2-wide version of R2-D2 because the existing figure is so badly out of scale with every other minifigure.

Simple and old things aren't necessarily bad; likewise printing ever more detailed figures just because technology has become more precise and capable of supporting more colours isn't necessarily good. This is a very subjective thing, and what I've said is just my opinion. I know other people think different things. I would like to see figures of new characters rather than the most recent iteration of character X from scene Y. From what is said in the 2016 thread, it seems the new Death Star will contain figures of new characters, but I don't really understand other comments that the figures as a whole must need updating because the old Death Star is from 2008.

And I totally understand that TLG update and remake figures for the value to collectors.

This would make an interesting topic of its own.

With regards to Fett in the 2017 set I can imagine them printing the same design but maybe a different colour for the arm hardware? That keeps the Slave 1 version unique without it being another release of this year's figure.

Unnecessary. The Slave I Boba Fett would be fine.

This may be nothing, or it may be something, but last night I Tweeted out to Lego a slightly goofy request for a new UCS Millennium Falcon and didn't think anything of it, I didn't at all think they would reply to it. But interestingly enough they did reply with this answer: https://twitter.com/...241524266049536 . Interested to see what everyone thinks here. I personally think the 40th Anniversary would be the perfect time to release a new UCS Falcon. I know it's not in the rumor list, but I can hope. :)

post-127415-0-58244800-1472069591_thumb.png

there is already a good MF, i rather have a UCS set that doesn't exist yet

I went to the LEGO Store and didn't see one on the shelves. Maybe we need one.

I went to the LEGO Store and didn't see one on the shelves. Maybe we need one.

The same could be said about the Death Star but look what happened there.

I would also very much prefer something new, or at the very least something that hasn't been done so recently. There are plenty of other options, though discussion on those would be better kept for other threads.

All these incredible AT-AT MOCs that are to scale with minifigures is really making me hungry for an AT-AT UCS. :laugh:

The same could be said about the Death Star but look what happened there.

I would also very much prefer something new, or at the very least something that hasn't been done so recently. There are plenty of other options, though discussion on those would be better kept for other threads.

Well, the UCS Falcon was originally released in 2007 (almost a decade ago) and stuck around until about 6 years ago. So I wouldn't say it was recent. I agree, this should be in the Wishlist thread.

About 2017 sets, I'm still wondering what I'm going to do with the other minifigures in the set after I get Thrawn. I've got no interest in Rebels minifigures (although a Droid is nice to have). Maybe I'll think differently after I watch the show.

About 2017 sets, I'm still wondering what I'm going to do with the other minifigures in the set after I get Thrawn. I've got no interest in Rebels minifigures (although a Droid is nice to have). Maybe I'll think differently after I watch the show.

Sell them. That's what I'm planning to do if Thrawn looks really good. I've never had trouble selling off duplicate Star Wars minifigures.

The thrawn set isn't that cheap. It looks like it's going to be cheap, but with the latest star wars prices, it's going to be more than you would think. I'd say about $60. Hey, that's better than not getting him at all.

To be more helpful...

I haven't been on this thread in a while.. Could anyone be nice enough to tell me if there's been any news/updates on Yoda's Hut set?

The current rumor is that there is no Yoda's Hut; that the set with Yoda and Artoo is instead Yoda's stubbier version of the Eta-2 Jedi Interceptor, which I'm told appears in some of the later TCW episodes.

Are we allowed to talk about the new Death Star in this forum?

Yeah, but the set comes out this year so you should check out the 2016 sets section.

So does anyone has an educated guess on when the retail catalogue for the first half of 2017 comes out?? From what I remember it's usually this time of year that we hear about it and we start to get all those confidential set leaks.

Edited by LOTR34

If memory serves me right people used to give set descriptions as early as august.I'm rather suprised on how quite this month was,hopefully we'll hear more next month.

If memory serves me right people used to give set descriptions as early as august.I'm rather suprised on how quite this month was,hopefully we'll hear more next month.

We've even seen prelims in August