Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

I don't think so, but a logical guess would be Jyn Erso and a Death Trooper for 2 of them. Perhaps K2SO for the third.

Those three have already been confirmed. I'm saying other than those three like original trilogy characters.

There is a leaked photo of the new Death Star on Reddit. As far as I can tell, there are no differences with the build itself, it's essentially just the old one with updated figures.

Edited by Airbenderfreak

There is a leaked photo of the new Death Star on Reddit. As far as I can tell, there are no differences with the build itself, it's essentially just the old one with updated figures.

You might want to check the last 40 pages in the 2016 thread ;)

I apologise if it's already been said but the Darth Maul set only has the 3 minifigures: Obi Wan(hooded), Darth Maul and Qui Gon. The set has red pieces (maybe light saber) to show the bars that separate Obi Wan from Maul and Qui Gon.

Really bummed that the "Yoda's Hut" turned out to be Yoda's Starfighter. On the bright side, at least we will have a fairly cheep set to get the green Jedi in. I'm really looking forward to the Dual of the Fates set as I don't have the most recent versions of the three combatants. And it's been far too long since we had any sort of Prequel play set type set. The last one I can think of was the Geonosis Dual set. I need more Prequel sets like this (even if it turns out to be terrible) in my collection that is overrun with OT and Clone Wars stuff.

I apologise if it's already been said but the Darth Maul set only has the 3 minifigures: Obi Wan(hooded), Darth Maul and Qui Gon. The set has red pieces (maybe light saber) to show the bars that separate Obi Wan from Maul and Qui Gon.

Didn't someone else claim Obi-Wan was coming with Finn's hairpiece?

Didn't someone else claim Obi-Wan was coming with Finn's hairpiece?

Nah that was just Deskp's idea, he photoshopped a photo too

Hooded Obi-Wan... It's amazing how despite wearing that hood for a combined minute in TPM we're now getting a fourth variation of that. :hmpf:

I understand not being able to make a completely accurate Padwan mold (That thin braid would just break). But, I had really hoped that in the nearly two decades since the first variant they could have just given us a short spiky hairpiece with a subtle ponytail down the back. Even throwing in a newly colored version of Kanan's hairpiece would have been better than yet another hood!

They better make up for this with dual-molded legs.

Edited by strangely

Disapointing we're getting another hood again. We've gotten so many new hair molds for the other characters, its a shame that we still can't get one for Obi-Wan after almost 20 years. I'm fine with the braid staying printed but it would be nice if the rest of his hairstyle actually resembled the film for once.

Edited by wesker

I'm not so sure I'm fine with the braid staying printed. They've already proven they can do amazing things with dual molding - the helmets of the First Order TIE Pilots are a perfect example. Wouldn't have to worry about it breaking if it was a softer plastic or rubber. I wish they'd step it up a bit across the board, especially since we know they're capable of a lot more from seeing the things they've already done with figures in other themes. I'm sure the Designers have all sorts of restrictions on how many new molds they can introduce in any given wave, but it seems to me like the SW figs aren't progressing nearly as fast as those from other themes. That can get frustrating very quickly, especially for people who only really collect SW sets.

Edited by Nokturn

If they can't make a hair mold that includes the braid, I'd really rather them ignore it completely. Printing the braid on the torso limits the additional uses that the piece could have.

If they can't make a hair mold that includes the braid, I'd really rather them ignore it completely. Printing the braid on the torso limits the additional uses that the piece could have.

There are plenty of other Jedi/robed torsos. To me, this is like saying "if they aren't making a moulded armour piece, they shouldn't print the ARC reactor on Iron Man because you can't use the torso for something else." It's part of the character's appearance, do it should be there.

There are plenty of other Jedi/robed torsos. To me, this is like saying "if they aren't making a moulded armour piece, they shouldn't print the ARC reactor on Iron Man because you can't use the torso for something else." It's part of the character's appearance, do it should be there.

I'm not saying that's the only reason. I guess I just don't think the braid is that important to the character.

I really hope they're finally going to add dual molding to some of the Star Wars minifigures. The Jedi should have boots, and Yoda should have olive green feet with toe patterns.

It would be very disappointing if LEGO's most popular theme didn't get to have such detailed minifigures in a year of multiple hyper-detailed figures in even small to medium sized sets. (The LEGO Batman Movie, other superheroes sets...)

Won't happen. Especially if you demand 2 dual moldes legs in a 30 dollar set with 3 figures that are very desired anyway (at least Qui Gon & Maul).

Maybe they don't want cheap plastic on SW. Or they're scared that sooner or later they'll run out of ideas of updating older SW figures. If Qui Gon would get dual moulded legs now, besides to a better cape & an individual lightsaber there's nothing they can do better in 5 years to attract us.

I rather fear they'll reuse Maul's crappy head with the grin. Because Maul was such a funny character, making jokes all the time (maybe in Rebels though ; ).