Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

I was just thinking since we don't have concrete info yet that 75179 is a ROTJ based set, is there a possibility it could be from Rebels? Lando is rumored to be returning in season 3 and after watching the trailer there is one ship that caught my eye. The OT Y-wing is debuting in the series and I wonder if that may be 75179. It would make sense to have a rebel pilot and crew member for that set. We had the B-wing only a few years back and haven't had a Y-Wing since 2012 I think? The only thing that wouldn't support my train of thought is that there is no astromech droid in the figure lineup.

Looking at the rumoured set with Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Maul, I'm disappointed that they haven't included Padmé as well. It's not unheard of for LEGO to include minifigures in a set that they don't exactly belong in, but in this case it wouldn't be so strange, as the scene that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon start their duel with Maul in also includes Padmé.

I understand that LEGO can't saturate all their sets with dozens of minifigs, but for a protagonist who appears in three films and wears more costumes than any other Star Wars character, there are awfully few Padmé minifigures.

It only took a month for Leia to be released in a set after TFA, but it took 11 years after AotC before Padmé was seen in a set and there's never even been a RotS set with Padmé (Although we have half a dozen Jedi Interceptors). It just doesn't feel right.

Edited by Phoenix__Phyre

I'm disapointed by the lack of Padme figures also. Why we haven't gotten a Theed Battle version of her is beyond me, especially given there were around five TPM-themed sets ast year she could have easily been included in. I'm still thankful to finally be getting a Duel of the Fates set but having Padme still be neglected for this long is becoming inexcusable given how big a character she was in the film.

The only thing that wouldn't support my train of thought is that there is no astromech droid in the figure lineup.

Looking at the rumoured set with Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Maul, I'm disappointed that they haven't included Padmé as well.

Are we certain the minifigure information is complete? It seems likely to me that the source didn't remember all the figures, so we might be getting a few that aren't listed. I have to believe we'll get Yoda's hut with a luke minifigure for example, so maybe Joebiwan's hunch is right, and maybe we'll get Padme too.

Edited by DarthHank

I was just thinking since we don't have concrete info yet that 75179 is a ROTJ based set, is there a possibility it could be from Rebels? Lando is rumored to be returning in season 3 and after watching the trailer there is one ship that caught my eye. The OT Y-wing is debuting in the series and I wonder if that may be 75179. It would make sense to have a rebel pilot and crew member for that set. We had the B-wing only a few years back and haven't had a Y-Wing since 2012 I think? The only thing that wouldn't support my train of thought is that there is no astromech droid in the figure lineup.

I doubt that it will be a rebels Y-wing as in the episode they showed at celebration they stole the Y-wings and then gave them to general Dodonna's rebel cell by the end of the episode, though lego doesn't always use solid logic with the rebels sets and there maybe more Y-wings later in the series.

Like Jang has explained in a lot of videos, Lego probably bases a lot of stuff on concept art, concept pictures etc.

So they simply don't know some things have little or no screen time at all (e.g. First Order Snowspeeder), or get the colors wrong (Ahsoka's Lightsaber) because things change on Disney's end.

True.

Wasn't the Wookie Gunship (http://brickset.com/sets/75084-1) only in one episode for a few seconds?

That had more to do with Lego not being given enough concept art, they probably got the earliest batch of concepts to do sets for and the Wookie Gunship just happened to be part of that because it appeared in the pilot.

I honestly have mixed emotions about this wave. I love the RO battlepacks, however I am concerned than there are only 2 battlepacks listed instead of 4. As for much get sets, I will certainly be picking up the Duel of Fates set and the Rebels set with Thrawn, and both the RO battlepacks. Other than that, though, this wave isn't that interesting. I wish that we would stop getting pointless remakes like Luke's Landspeeder. Yoda's hut, while sounding cool, is deceiving. Since it only comes with 2 minifigures, I theorize that this set will be small and lacking of detail, much like the Carbon Freezing Chamber was this past year. The Microfighters also sound dull and uninteresting. Really, I'll have to see pictures of the sets themselves before I judge too much.

I honestly have mixed emotions about this wave. I love the RO battlepacks, however I am concerned than there are only 2 battlepacks listed instead of 4. As for much get sets, I will certainly be picking up the Duel of Fates set and the Rebels set with Thrawn, and both the RO battlepacks. Other than that, though, this wave isn't that interesting. I wish that we would stop getting pointless remakes like Luke's Landspeeder. Yoda's hut, while sounding cool, is deceiving. Since it only comes with 2 minifigures, I theorize that this set will be small and lacking of detail, much like the Carbon Freezing Chamber was this past year. The Microfighters also sound dull and uninteresting. Really, I'll have to see pictures of the sets themselves before I judge too much.

The sets listed aren't the only sets coming out in the winter wave, there are blank spots to fill

^Probably Rogue One sets. There were some TFA sets in the January wave that had nonsensical code names, so that seems very likely to happen again. There will probably also be a Jedi Starfighter of some sort...

If you look closely at list you'll notice that some set numbers are skipped. That's 2 missing battlepacks, hopefully more FO Stormtroopers are included!

I reserve my judgement on the new wave until we have a reasonable amount of facts to more solidly base my opinions on. That's crazy, isn't it? :laugh:

But honestly I'm already excited for Thrawn, no matter how the set he's in turns out! Oh, wait a minute...

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

Do you think we'll get more sets from the Freemaker's Adventures TV show in 2017? I love the show, and there are a lot of cool looking ships in it, but I'm not sure if we'll ever see them get made. (Sorry if this has been asked before, it's difficult to go searching through pages on an iPhone.)

So, Brick Show just posted pictures of, I believe, the full line-up of Rogue One sets coming out next year. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it however, but you can find what I'm talking about easily here: http://www.brickshow.tv/

One of the sets is Krennic's Imperial Shuttle (with a Krennic fig!), and that looks very cool to me indeed.

So, Brick Show just posted pictures of, I believe, the full line-up of Rogue One sets coming out next year. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it however, but you can find what I'm talking about easily here: http://www.brickshow.tv/

One of the sets is Krennic's Imperial Shuttle (with a Krennic fig!), and that looks very cool to me indeed.

There's a discussion about these in the 2016 topic, since they'll be out before the end of the year.

I may hold out on buying any of the first wave Rogue One sets until after we get leaked pictures on January's wave.

So after the event that happened today, when do you think the new DS will be leaked? It seems it might be delayed to 2017, any guesses?

So after the event that happened today, when do you think the new DS will be leaked? It seems it might be delayed to 2017, any guesses?

which event?

The Rogue One set leaks I think.

Yeah, I said event because I see that EB don't like our conversations about leaked images...

What indicated the Death Star will be delayed to 2017? We just need to be patient, it's coming

What evidence do you have for that? In the past sets have been announced with no leaks at all. A set due out in October, with a September VIP release may not be announced until the very end of August.

I hope it's not delayed, because I really want a DS that is not a playset and that is not overpriced like on Brick link. I wish it has a modern design, like the new Beetle is to the old one (little to no visible studs is my jam).