Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Though a proper Numb would be great - we got a pretty good face print for him with the last B-Wing. What about Mon Mothma?!

Due to that Ten Numb head, I'd be fine with a "Sullustan-ears" headgear (hat & ears) if not a full molded head... but however they do it, we're long overdue for Nunb. Enough with Numb, give us Nunb! :tongue:

I'd also be fine if that Lando set is an ESB Cloud Car instead, too... an updated General (especially with Nunb) would be outstanding, but Bespin Lando's painfully overdue for an update.

Mothma I'm kinda expecting in a Rogue One set. There are a few decent options for heads & hair for her with the existing torso print, tho, so she's not as pressing to update for me.

Edited by Venkefedo

We haven't Count Dooku in a while, either, I don't think. His last appearance I believe was in the Duel on Geonosis set. We could do with an updated Dooku, hell, just a new set with Dooku in. I googled it, and he's only ever had 4 appearances in sets.

Maybe he could use another appearance in a set, but Dooku certainly doesn't require an update. The current figure is perfect the way it is.

I would love to see Nien Nunb though. He's long overdue for a minifigure. Fingers crossed he's actually the "Rebel Pilot" in the ROTJ set.

We haven't Count Dooku in a while, either, I don't think. His last appearance I believe was in the Duel on Geonosis set. We could do with an updated Dooku, hell, just a new set with Dooku in. I googled it, and he's only ever had 4 appearances in sets.

3 years ago... meaning he's only been unavailable at retail for about 2 years, ish. That's not super-needed... a metallic silver version of his saber hilt as opposed to chrome, however, is overdue!

3 years ago... meaning he's only been unavailable at retail for about 2 years, ish. That's not super-needed... a metallic silver version of his saber hilt as opposed to chrome, however, is overdue!

True, true. But he definitely hasn't had much exposure in LEGO form. His movie form has only been in 2 sets, and one of those was the old yellow head variant. The other 2 were CW variants.

Anyway, when will it be likely that we'll hear more about these sets?

Lego seem... relucant to change the colours of special lightsaber hilts. I don't know if they would need slightly different moulds or what to change it. They could've made the Ventress-style curved hilt in metallic silver with Ahsoka, but didn't.

Focus on the news we have, not your own crafty wishlists, wants, and hopes. Discuss the information available.

Otherwise, I'm gonna fill up the chamber again!

Back on topic, I'm glad that (if these rumours are true) TLG still seems committed to making sets based on the Original Trilogy. I would love to see more (and better) location-based sets too, but that seems more doubtful.

Like many, I would be very happy to see a new Lando Calrissian minifigure, but I would be a tad disappointed if he's not wearing his Cloud City garb--it's such an iconic costume!

I really do hope that Darth Maul finally gets a proper lightsaber handle.

I hope so too. If they could make a longer version of the existing handle piece that would be fine.

Just browsing Amazon for various things and was looking at the figures that come with various books.

Looks like the 2017 Lego Star Wars Annual comes with Ezra and Chopper. All for just £5.19.

2017 SW Annual

I can't recall this being mentioned before but apologies if it has.

Edited by Robianco

I believe on the 2016 topic it was. Pretty interesting they'd put Chopper in something like this, but hey I'm not complaining! :)

Might want to get back on topic. Just had to report a bunch of irrelevant posts.

ANYWAY

Are we sure that 75168 isn't Yoda's Hut? Front page has it listed as ???? but 75168 is described to have Yoda and R2-D2 in it.

As Stash just reminded you guys a couple days ago, discussion of products (including but not limited to sets and minifigs) you want to see but which are not explicitly part of current rumors does not belong here. Even if it's tangentially related to a current rumor; even if someone else started the discussion and you want to weigh in; even if you don't think anything else is interesting at the moment; even if your wishlist is completely realistic and reasonable; even if you try to be clever about tying your wishlist in to a current rumor* -- if it isn't part of a current rumor, it doesn't belong here.

*Examples of unacceptable attempts to get around this include: "This rumored set is terrible; it'd be so much better if it was this <wishlist> idea instead!", "The fact that this set is rumored is clear indication that this other <wishlist> should be coming soon!", and "This idea for this <wishlist> sounds awesome; anyways, back on topic now!"

I've been longing for a Palpatine in his Revenge of the Sith attire. I'm talking about the outfit he wore when he fought Yoda in the Senate Chamber. Speaking of which, it baffles me how such an amazing scene hasn't made it's way into a lego set yet :P

Me too. You can imagine some marketing person sitting in a meeting and saying how they can't put yoda and palpatine in a cheap set. It must be at least $150 !

LOL ^^ Absolutely! Although I'd be quite happy with a £50 set just to show a few senate pods and the main bit in the middle. They could shove in a Mas Amedda too, seen as we never got him.

Oh, my goodness. Imagine, amedda, yoda and palps, and couple of shock troopers. No shortage of play features to be had either. Would be great

It would be spectacular (and expensive). :)

These posts have been moved to Future Star Wars Sets.

Might want to get back on topic. Just had to report a bunch of irrelevant posts.

ANYWAY

Are we sure that 75168 isn't Yoda's Hut? Front page has it listed as ???? but 75168 is described to have Yoda and R2-D2 in it.

It's Yoda's Hut. I would assume that the person who provided the info for the first post simply didn't specify that, just knew what the figures were.

What if Yoda will use the new baby body and could fit in a backpack for training luke. Instant buy for me.

What if Yoda will use the new baby body and could fit in a backpack for training luke. Instant buy for me.

It would be fun, but Yoda isn't that small. So it probably won't happen.

It would be fun, but Yoda isn't that small. So it probably won't happen.

I don't know. Yoda is only about two feet tall and is often portrayed as smaller than most children. I actually think the baby body would be a much better scale for him. He'd lack arm/hand articulation, but for an OT set that would be fine based on how little he did in those movies.

I don't know. Yoda is only about two feet tall and is often portrayed as smaller than most children. I actually think the baby body would be a much better scale for him. He'd lack arm/hand articulation, but for an OT set that would be fine based on how little he did in those movies.

I agree.

http://uploads.tapat...18/8uretene.jpg

(Picture for size reference)

Edited by LegoPercyJ

I would expect them to produce a cane and lightsaber that would fit in the baby hands if they made Yoda a baby minifigure. I doubt they would do that, however. I imagine Yoda will have short legs.