Barduck

WIP MOC The Golden temple from Elista

First of let me start with saying, I don't know if this one is a proper topic to put in Historic Themes so if it needs to be moved, moderators; please do.

My girlfriend, who's from Elista, a small replublic that is part of the Russian Federation, asked me to try and do a moc of the Golden temple, a Boeddhist temple in the capital (Elista). It is the largest Boeddist temple in Russia and Europa and inside stand one of the largest Boeddha statues in the world, towering 9 meters high.

For the moment I'm doing it in LDD as building it in real bricks will take a lot of time, not to mention, money. Allready at 12k bricks and not even half done.

You can see the real building in this link: http://www.kalmykia.eu/elista/

the WIP so far: 27190620765_85aa8739c3.jpg

WIP Golden temple of Elista by Barduck12, on Flickr

comments, tips, all welcome. It is my first time I try my hand at something this big so please, be gentle :blush:

Edited by Barduck

It looks amazing so far! What method are you using to shrink the towers as they get taller?

It looks amazing so far! What method are you using to shrink the towers as they get taller?

thx, I try

it's snot, snot and more snot. With every piece that's getting smaller it has been try and error to get to that look

Made a fast cut out of a tower, doesn't show everything but should be enough to see how

27194006835_572bf8a870.jpgWIP Golden temple of Elista by Barduck12, on Flickr

Edited by Barduck

This is looking so gorgeous so far.

I really can't wait to se this finished. Stunning architecture ! :wub:

I was wondering the same, thankx for showing.

IT indeed looks amazing!