TheLegoKing

Town Park

Here is my new park design for my personal layout. I thought I would share!

Let me know your thoughts!!

http://i.imgur.com/pntoQ47.jpg5V2NJBq.jpg

djYJSxQ.jpg

s7cERnU.jpg

kDzrN9Z.jpg

ITGIhRl.jpg

1Edtb8V.jpg

Yes I know I need more of the nice dark gray plates. But I have to save some $$$ for them.

Edited by Rick
Keep embedded images to a max. of 1,024 x 768 pixels

That park looks lovely! And its nicely framed with beautiful buildings too. Very good job! :classic:

This looks like a park I would go! I especially like the trees, it's always hard to build some cool trees ;)

Looking great! My one (hopefully) constructive criticism would be that only using the 1x1 round grey tiles looks far too uniform and 'pixel-y'. If you have the pieces, it seems that mixing in the occasional 2x2 grey round tile fleshes out the 1x1's very well, whilst making the look more realistic.

It is indeed a nice park, TheLegoKing. It does not look bare with all the flowers and two massive trees and the hedges at the edges... I agree with Dakar A, though, that the paths look a bit too uniform and it would be nice if some other sizes and maybe colours of tiles could be used. Otherwise I like it - and it looks really good with the buildings in the background.

Oh i agree that the 2x2 round tiles helps, but i sadly have none and this project was a "build without ordering parts" build... maybe when i come across some extra money i will invest! Thanks for the input.

A MOC might as well develop over time. First you build with whatever bricks you have got at hand to see the original idea in bricks. Slowly ideas on how to improve the MOC will develop and by time you can purchase the bricks required for developing the MOC.

To sort of piggyback on what Dakar said, I have a small walkway path of 1x1 plates & studs. I have them set up as every other one. Example, I have it four across, stud-plate-stud-playe. It's a nice mix & looks pretty nice.

Thanks for the inspiration. I'm picking up a green baseplate to work on my own town park now. I like your use of green plates for hedges - gives it that manicured hedge look without being too "blocky". Thanks for sharing!