Sign in to follow this  
woofmcmoose

[M - B05] Lost and found

Tags: Spaceship

MANTIS General Operations Auxiliary Transport Ship Gozanti, E01 Anomaly

GZ1_zpsjpl6t3ci.jpg

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg "Are you absolutely sure about this doc?"

DrF2_zpsjqfcdrbx.jpg "Well, the Flashbulb came back in one piece so we've proven the drive works. Carlson's analysis shows at least 9 potential 4-D exit states including the adjacent sector anomalies. Its just a question of trying the others one by one until we find the signal."

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg "And the drone can't do this because?"

DrF2_zpsjqfcdrbx.jpg "We only pushed the drone into a state of superposition, pushing it into 4D-space collapses the GATE field and we would lose our telemetry link. Both we and the drone wouldn't know where it ended up."

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg "So how do we know where we'll end up?"

DrF2_zpsjqfcdrbx.jpg "We'll figure it out when we get there...."

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg "Ah, the Big Sal approach to science!"

thorne_zpsjtozb6no.jpg "Sir, not to hurry you, but the drive is primed and the more you talk the less keen I am to keep it that way. If we're going to do this lets get it over with."

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg "Ok, on my mark, 3, 2, 1, Engage!"

foop!

GZJump_zpsjyy7guym.jpg

wop!

GZ2_zpswhmxdv1m.jpg

DrF2_zpsjqfcdrbx.jpg "It worked sir, we're back in real-space."

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg "Hooray! But where in real-space?"

DrF2_zpsjqfcdrbx.jpg "Not sure yet sir, Computer is running star positions against our database now."

analyst_zpsfmkvzer2.jpg "Incoming broadwave Sir!"

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg "Let's hear it then!"

KGcapt_zpspwuy9wga.jpg "Unidentified vessel entering the Marphacia system, this is the Kawashita gunship Fugu, surrender immediately or we will open fire."

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg "Well, that solves the 'where are we?' question."

analyst_zpsfmkvzer2.jpg "Sir, gunship is closing fast!"

KG1_zpsshzdrflz.jpg

analyst_zpsfmkvzer2.jpg "She's firing!"

shot1_zpsiwnkckhb.jpg

analyst_zpsfmkvzer2.jpg "Missed, and again!"

shot2_zpsyvdnlcbq.jpg

analyst_zpsfmkvzer2.jpg "Returning fire!"

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg "Noooo."

shot4_zps2r5o8f9v.jpg

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg "Dammit, those were warning shots it's standard Kawa protocol, now they'll be coming for us for real!"

shot5_zps0drmflpr.jpg

thorne_zpsjtozb6no.jpg "Direct hit sir. Only minor hull plating damage but we don't want to take many more of them!"

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg "Right Carlson open a broadwave channel immediately and for gods sake stop shooting!"

analyst_zpsfmkvzer2.jpg "Yes sir, sorry sir!"

GZ3_zpsgpru0nr3.jpg

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg "Fugu, this is the MTS Gozanti. We are on a peaceful scientific mission, cease fire. We are standing down all weapons systems and will comply with all further directions."

KG2_zpskm8d2imb.jpg

KGcapt_zpspwuy9wga.jpg "MANTIS! What business have you here? Our borders are closed in light of the recent Seperatist attack. All MANTIS shipping movements are to be co-ordinated in advance through the relevant general command office. Your ship has no such approval!"

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg "We are investigating a GATE anomaly. The full details are classified and subject to a co-operation and non-disclosure order between our respective governments. I am transmitting the relevant clearance code now for you to verify the existence of the agreement.

KGcapt_zpspwuy9wga.jpg "This code, it pertains to the case of the Hasui-Maru."

moose_zpshtneimaq.jpg "You are familiar with the case?.

KGcapt_zpspwuy9wga.jpg "What do you know MANTIS? Where is my Daughter's ship? Where is my daughter?"

Additional shot to show the back end of the Kawashita gunship.

KG3_zpszudml4og.jpg

In case you hadn't guessed the Mantis ship is a rescale of My week 45 build.

GZ4_zpsihnfowwz.jpg

Edited by woofmcmoose

Both are excellent, yet unique micro spaceships :thumbup: The laser turrets and blast effects look great :classic:

Excellent work, moose! You were able to get very similar shaping with the micro MANTIS ship to your full size one :thumbup:

Great job with the Kawashita ship as well :classic:

Awesome ships and awesome story! I especially like the shaping on both of them! Very interesting and appealing designs!

~Insectoid Aristocrat