mutley777

Hoth diorama

indexed.gif

I have finally started my Hoth diorama :-) after what seems like a long time since my last MOC. This is going to be a WIP MOC as i still have lots to get, but i wanted to get some thoughts on ther first part of the build. I started with the rebel ION cannon (planet defender) which proved more tricky than i thought it would :-D . The pics are of a 90% finished model that will be fully incorperated into the hoth landscape in the end. Let me know what you think.

ion-cannon001.jpg

ion-cannon002.jpg

ion-cannon003.jpg

A reference pic as requested

movie_bg.jpg

Im so exicted to see the end of the Moc!!

Realy Awesome like all your thing Mutley!!

You know what i say to this:

Warning , Ion Control :-D

Great job! This certainly looks powerful, maybe a reference pic could help people's opinions? I don't thinkn I've actually seen the whole OT.

~Peace

I don't thinkn I've actually seen the whole OT.

_________

BLASPHEMY! :-P X-D

An awesome WIP there mutley777, you've definitely captured the spherical look and scale of the ion cannon. Can it actually turn?

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this, do you plan on making the trenches and all?

Nothing to Say, but Batbrick Away! >:-)

Nice.....err....... Is that a planterary trurret defender? Well anyway great job! *y*

Its very nicely detailed considering making round objects with bricks is hard

Can't wait to see the rest of it, as Hoth is one of my favorite SW battles

P

Great start!!

Can't wait to see the rest!!

I was thinking of doing a Hoth diorama and thinking of using the DSII to build the ion cannon.

Jamie

Edited by jamie75

Sweet! I await the rest of the MOC! *sweet*

I just realized that if you slap some treads onto it, you'll have the Technodrome from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! X-D

Once again superb work Mutley *y* I envy anyone who can build such a beautiful moc, can't wait to see what you come up with next. :-)

This is so great! You did a nice job Mutley, can't wait to see the whole Dio! *y*

btw, is the cannon or its black "gun-part" moveable in any way?

Great job with that "canon", How did you construct it? I would love to copy it for my own Hoth scene! Like the rest, I am looking forward to the final diorama.

Morten

Thanks for the great comments guys. To answer some of the questions, the whole cannon rotates and pivots up and down, the gun piece does not move (in the movie it recoils into the main structure)but i might change that. The whole thing is made of the single finger hinge plates under the outer skin, to get the round shape.

Holy mama. That thing is beautiful. That'd be a great way for LEGO to do that particular weapon...wow. Wowie-wow. Great job.

That is a great Ion cannon, a nice moc. And the 2 hothtroopers are a nice addition to it.

Mutley , can you say a few words of your PLAN? Will it be a MOC on a few Baseplate or what do you thought about .. Tks m8!

Ayla

Well there are things i have in mind for the main base (door, hanger and trenches). This will be spread over 6 XL baseplates. The ion cannon will be fully incorperated in and i have seen some shield genarators done with 16 top pieces (which i already have) from the old 7190 falcon i think could look even better with some tweeking. :-)

hoth_sg.jpg

The main doors will be like the ones from the recent hoth base set but 4X bigger. The hanger must be big enough for 6 snowspeeders, 2-3 X-wings and the falcon (no roof on the hanger as i don't see the point). some kind of command center would be nice also. Outside the base will probaby look a lot like fellow Eurobricks member Morten Sonne stunning hoth battle as i also have a few of those lovely white baseplates.

Woah Momma, I'm trying to picture the Diorama you're talking about, that is going to be massive! Will there be a raiding Imperial Army or just the Rebel base on it's own for now? Either way it'll be phenomenal when complete, if the Ion Cannon is anything to go by. Congrats on getting it to looks so spherical.

I thought i would resurrect this old thread as i have started up on this again. :classic:

img_1473.jpg

img_1474.jpg

img_1475.jpg

Do you have pictures of the inside or without the plates on?