Sign in to follow this  
Murdoch17

1940's Grand Central Terminal with canopy - Art Deco

This station was inspired way back in 2013 by a long since expired Ideas project (link to my inspiration: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/34642 ), which was doubled in size and now features a double tracked platform + canopy and quad-sided clock tower. NOTE: You may want to cut two base-plates to a 8 x 40 size where the gaps are at the end of the platform.

26551616494_40e7f6c357_z.jpg

The station proper has removable upper roof and second floor sections. The top floor "floats" on tiles, and is removable to reach the sales counter on the main floor. Also removable is the platform and train canopy, as it is connected to the station via Technic pins.

27062394582_07dc8cf0dd_z.jpg

The double track train canopy was inspired by CITY set 60103, Airport Air Show, while the clock faces are supposed to feature this print: http://alpha.brickli...0pb024#T=C&C=11 The street side of the station has space for 8 printed 1 x 1 letters, allowing you to name the station what you want.

If i ever did build this, which I probably won't, I would name it Glenncoe, after the location of a 12 inch ride-on real steam railway, The Wabash Frisco and Pacific Rail Road at Glencoe (spelled with only 1 "N") Missouri. (See their pretty cool website here: http://www.wfprr.com/default.htm )

27062394842_02ec1d3c99_z.jpg

The second floor has the switching control room and station managers office while the lower floor has the ticket desk and inside waiting rooms. By the way: the upper floor floats inside the walls on some tile-topped pillars, and is not connected to the build by studs in any way.

NOTE: This train station most likely will never be built by me as I already have 3 stations as of now. But it IS build able in real life, so if anyone of you guys want to take a stab at this station, be my guest and please post the pictures both here and in your own thread. As such, here is the LDD file to the whole model, grouped so you can edit the station as you please: http://www.moc-pages...1463871791m.lxf

Once again, questions, comments, and complaints are welcome!

Edited by Murdoch17

Sad to hear that you probably wont be building this in real life, however its understandable.

Looks gorgeous so far though. ! :thumbup:

I like it. I think I'll save the plans for future use though.

No need to cut any baseplates either. A couple 16x32 plates along the sides fixes that hole.

2q8q912.jpg

Edited by LoneBrickerSG

Nice station. I like the old style look. Maybe a little less glass/window. It now has a bit of that over modernised old building look.

You may also use 2 48x48 baseplates. It looks like they would fit.

Sad to hear that you probably wont be building this in real life, however its understandable.

Looks gorgeous so far though. ! :thumbup:

Thanks! :sweet:

I like it. I think I'll save the plans for future use though.

No need to cut any baseplates either. A couple 16x32 plates along the sides fixes that hole.

SNIP

Go right ahead and use it, that's what the ldd file is for! The cutting base-plates was to make sure it didn't get and wider if I did build it... all my stations are 5 tracks long, and if it were any longer it would be 6. It's just a part of a system I worked out for my own use.

Nice station. I like the old style look. Maybe a little less glass/window. It now has a bit of that over modernised old building look.

You may also use 2 48x48 baseplates. It looks like they would fit.

Thank you, and that would work with the two 48's, but then the modular platform idea would be lost, unless you cut a slit in the base-plates. :wink:

The mocpages link to you .lxf (LDD) of the station is broken. Could you post the link again for download, please? Thanks.