Sign in to follow this  
B Rick

[MOC] 1974 Dodge Monaco Bluesmobile

a12_bluesbrothers.jpg

This is my rendition of The Bluesmobile. A moc I made two years ago. I finally got the right parts to make not only one, but two Bluesbrothers.

The car, an 'ex cop-car' 1974 Dodge Monaco is 7 studs wide which I find perfect for minifig/town/modular scale. Big enough to put in some detail, but small enough to still fit the streets of Legocity. It's got opening doors, hood, and trunk to show off a full interior, engine bay, and trunk.

a3_bluesbrothers.jpg

a11_bluesbrothers.jpg

a5_bluesbrothers.jpg

a6_bluesbrothers.jpg

a7_bluesbrothers.jpg

'It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?'

a8_bluesbrothers.jpg

a9_bluesbrothers.jpg

a10_bluesbrothers.jpg

a2_bluesbrothers.jpg

a13_bluesbrothers.jpg

Love this :wub: The SNOT cheese under the body area look amazing. Wonderful interior with those seats and trunk too :thumbup:

Wow, this is neat! Impressive that not only does it look great, but it also has so much onside :)

Amazing! Not only cool as a Blues Brothers piece, but dang... Just beautiful work on car details.

Thanks people!

...I do think the roof could look better if it were 1 or 2 plates higher.

I think you're totally right. It's a part I went back and forth with at the time I build it... It's just that there aren't many options to choose from. I agree this windscreen belongs more on a sleek exotic sportscar. But... Today I've tried to raise it by one plate, leaving some ugly gaps between it and the doors. I Managed to fill that with sidemirrors. So more detailing on the car. For now I'm happy with that.

...The SNOT cheese under the body area look amazing.

Thanks soccerkid6! Good for you to notice that detail. I'm so glad the snot worked out this way. It totally captures the sidedetail of the real Dodge Monaco.

Edited by B Rick

Wouldn't the newer 3x6x2 windscreen work?...

I've tried that. But 2 bricks high is way too much... It could work if I was able to set the newer windscreen lower into the body, but that will interfere with the pivotpoint of the doors.

This looks really good!

I've never seen the film, I guess I should get around to that sometime. I'm just not a huge fan of blues music, and it sounds like that could play a major role in the film. It also seems like that could just be a weird name for a movie not about music.

So, is the film about music? I'm not really a fan of those types of films.

What I am a fan of, is this awesome LEGO creation!

Thank you folks!

...I'm just not a huge fan of blues music, and it sounds like that could play a major role in the film. It also seems like that could just be a weird name for a movie not about music.

So, is the film about music? I'm not really a fan of those types of films.

A movie that at one point held the record for wrecking the most cars ever during filming is worth a watch. At least once in your life. 100+ cars destroyed, particular copcars. Nazis forced to jump off of a bridge. John Belushi & Dan Akroyd singing 'stand by your man'. 100+ cars jumping bridges, doing salto's, and crashing through shopwindows. Princess Leia firing a bazooka. Need I see more...

Yes, music plays a big role in this movie. Bluesmusic almost not. But the film is chockfull of popculture-, comedy-, music-, and movielegends. It should be part of your upbringing.

:wink: