CM4Sci

5004419 Classic Knights Set

I am now going to spend $50 for no reason...just to get this haha

That's what I did. I just *had* to have the brand new Crusader. I opted out of getting the pirate last year, but this magnificent beast - with not one, but two brand new Lion shields - I simply could not pass up...

I got it today and built it right awy (quickly discarding the stuff I actually *bought*), and it did not dissapoint. Great figure. 10/10. :classic:

That's what I did. I just *had* to have the brand new Crusader. I opted out of getting the pirate last year, but this magnificent beast - with not one, but two brand new Lion shields - I simply could not pass up...

I got it today and built it right awy (quickly discarding the stuff I actually *bought*), and it did not dissapoint. Great figure. 10/10. :classic:

I am really excited to get it! Mine is in the mail and I should be here tomorrow!

I am really excited to get it! Mine is in the mail and I should be here tomorrow!

You're in for a treat! It is extremely rare for a LEGO set to excite me this much, both before and after building it. It's a simple, yet so elegant set. Filled with nostalgia and perfectly executed. The only way to make it better would be to put another figure in there, like in the original set it was built after.

You're in for a treat! It is extremely rare for a LEGO set to excite me this much, both before and after building it. It's a simple, yet so elegant set. Filled with nostalgia and perfectly executed. The only way to make it better would be to put another figure in there, like in the original set it was built after.

I really love how they threw in that extra shield too! Does anyone know if that extra shield was in the original set?

I'm not surprised it is sold out. The promo has been going for over a week already. Figures don't usually last too long, especially a nostalgic figure like this.

Either way, I'm excited to open mine. I have it sitting in a box with the other stuff I ordered. I haven't opened the outer box yet to make sure all of my contents are there yet. Hopefully everything is safe.

I had no idea on two shields! That is amazing. I can't wait to have an extra then.

I'm not surprised it is sold out. The promo has been going for over a week already. Figures don't usually last too long, especially a nostalgic figure like this.

Either way, I'm excited to open mine. I have it sitting in a box with the other stuff I ordered. I haven't opened the outer box yet to make sure all of my contents are there yet. Hopefully everything is safe.

I had no idea on two shields! That is amazing. I can't wait to have an extra then.

Lego definitely gave us a treat with that extra shield!

The set is brilliant except for the followings :

1- The Helmet should be in Dark Grey color as in vintage sets and not in Light Bluish Grey.

2- The Axe Weapon Should be Brown or Black as in vintage sets and not in Dark Bluish Grey.

3- The Leg Should be in Light Grey Color as in vintage sets and not in Light Bluish Grey.

TLG, should made the above in that promo set which i believe the can do it.

I really love how they threw in that extra shield too! Does anyone know if that extra shield was in the original set?

Original Set has only 1 sheild which is attached to the Siege Cart.

1- The Helmet should be in Dark Grey color as in vintage sets and not in Light Bluish Grey.

2- The Axe Weapon Should be Brown or Black as in vintage sets and not in Dark Bluish Grey.

3- The Leg Should be in Light Grey Color as in vintage sets and not in Light Bluish Grey.

None of those things bug me. Their colour palette changed, that's just the way it is. A darker helmet would have been nice, sure, but it looks good like this as well.

None of those things bug me. Their colour palette changed, that's just the way it is. A darker helmet would have been nice, sure, but it looks good like this as well.

I agree with you, but as said could be better with above things ;-).

TLG changed their colour palette at 2007 and I don't think they have their old colours anymore.

TLG changed their colour palette at 2007 and I don't think they have their old colours anymore.

But there is Reddish Brown and black for which they could make the weapon color. Also Dark Bluish Grey would be better than Light Bluish Grey for Helmet. ;-)

But there is Reddish Brown and black for which they could make the weapon color. Also Dark Bluish Grey would be better than Light Bluish Grey for Helmet. ;-)

Of course, that's possible. Actually, I already have parts in those colours and I'm planning to switch them after I buy the set :sweet:

Of course, that's possible. Actually, I already have parts in those colours and I'm planning to switch them after I buy the set :sweet:

Excellent! That would look great and closer to Classic ;-).

Please put some photos after the modification.

Cheers

Excellent! That would look great and closer to Classic ;-).

Please put some photos after the modification.

Cheers

Ones I have are weapons and parts made with new colour palette, but I can put some photos after switching them. But, of course, I'll have to get the set itself first :grin:

Edited by Sorrelon

Ones I have are weapons and parts made with new colour palette, but I can put some photos after switching them. But, of course, I'll have to get the set itself first :grin:

LooL. Then i will do that before as i might get my sets soon. :-)

You forgot the shield is the new light blue grey, the original shield was in the light yellow grey.

You forgot the shield is the new light blue grey, the original shield was in the light yellow grey.

Thanks for reminding me ;-)

Got mine yesterday and love it. Really takes me back with all the old school Castle pics. The printing is solid on the minifigure and shields (two shields here is just a stand-up move by Lego).

Got mine yesterday and love it. Really takes me back with all the old school Castle pics. The printing is solid on the minifigure and shields (two shields here is just a stand-up move by Lego).

post some photos :)

I got my copy of this set yesterday and I have to agree with everyone else here in saying that it's excellent. It's a shame it didn't come with two figures like the set it's based off of, but that's a minor gripe.

I don't think that anyone has pointed this out yet, but I was surprised to see the prototype version of The Fortrex at the back of the instruction booklet rather than the final one.