CM4Sci

5004419 Classic Knights Set

I like that it's a Classic Castle set. It's all about history. It's a collector's piece.

To be honest, I'd prefer to see LEGO produce the same set as a redesign. The classic Crusader torso is great for nostalgia, but I'd love to see it re-invented. It could have been the logo on a tabard, over chainmail. The shield could have been redone on the new shield mold from the Egyptian / Frightening Knight. I can't tell the color of the weapon, I hope it's a pearl grey.

Basically, while I appreciate the homage and historical value, I want to see an update to the theme.

Yeah, exactly, like they did with Blacktron in the CMF series.

Basically, while I appreciate the homage and historical value, I want to see an update to the theme.

Not a bad idea, but maybe Lego was a bit reluctant this time around.

I really like(d) the Classic Pirate set they gave away last year, but a lot people didn't because it was a redesign with almost no genuine 'classic' parts.

Edited by Humdrum

Now that is a first rate promo! I regret passing on the Classic Pirate promo now that they are making more (or is this the last?).

I wouldn't mind if they circle around and give us the same themes again with different figs, for example: Futuron or Blacktron, an actual classic looking pirate, Black Falcon.

The only problem that I see with this is now I have to find something worth $50 that I want to buy... hope the PAB wall has some good stuff.

Regarding the question of what classic set we might see next year, there are a lot of possibilities. Town, Western... even Ninja. The latter would tie in fairly well with the Ninjago movie due out next fall. Then again, we don't know what other themes will be out next year... perhaps with Nexo Knights being the "castle theme" and seemingly no licensed counterpart on the horizon, Lego might do a new Western theme like last year's Pirates theme. Who knows?

Give WESTERN reboot tbh....

Anyway im visiting LEGO shop just to get this for sure!

Question: If I order $50s worth of Lego on Lego.com would I get this promo?

Chances are pretty slim that I will be in a lego store during that time ... if the promotion lasted a whole month - maybe...

I had hoped to go to the vienna store in the beginning of June, so I could get that park set, but my boss send me last week and I got that bird, yep, that bird :(, the brickwall selection wasnt anything to write home about either.... :(

Definitely not gonna waste 50 EUR on some shop@order, if bricks and pieces would count to merchandise - then OK, but wasting 50Eur on a pab order is out of the question.

I'm not sure what would bother you about that. Is it an issue with quality differences over the years?

There is certainly a quality issue with the plastic used today versus 70s and 80s...I've had way more torso cracks in new figures versus my classic castle. More than that, though, is just having something with real history versus brand new. I've seen people selling the Bricktober castle figures (red/peach quarters) as though they were the original 36 year old figures. It's an authenticity thing, and devalues the original if there is no way to tell the two apart at a glance. I'd much rather see a redesign, even if subtle, than a straight remake.

Nice little set. It looks like the design is based on 6012 Siege Cart:

6012-1.gif

Question: If I order $50s worth of Lego on Lego.com would I get this promo?

Yes, based on the previous two of this style promo (and most GWP).

"See back for details".

Sounds like there might be some interesting printing on the minifigure's back.

(And yes, I do know they mean details of the offer on the back of the box! I was joking.)

I'll be likely to spend $100 to get 2 of them, actually.

"Limit one per customer".

To get two, you'll either have to

• go with someone else with each of you spending $50,
  • going by yourself twice, spending $50 each time and hoping you don't get recognised the second time, or
  • splitting your purchase between stores e.g. online and off.

Edited by AmperZand

"See back for details".

Sounds like there might be some interesting printing on the minifigure's back.

It says "NEXO".

Thank you very much for the information and the pic, CM4Sci! :classic:

The set looks very similar to the original one. So it's a bit a pity that TLG didn't design something completely new but in the style of CC. Nevertheless getting this as a free set, this is of course a nice thing!

Give WESTERN reboot tbh....

Count me in!

But even better than only a Classic Western giveaway would be a reintroducement of the Western theme! The time next year would be perfect since it would be ten years when Western was released. I want a saloon, a ranch, a post station and a Western train so much!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Really nice find CM4Sci! Its a real shame that they didn't give us that older style helmet instead of the normal one. This will definitely be a set to remember!

I would love a western reboot! I own every set except for the fort! But I would be happy just for a 2017 throwback promo

The problem with Western is, they have thrown in a few for the CMF line-up probably to avoid doing a full theme (similar to Roman, etc.)

I like the idea that this is a close version to the vintage Crusader. Granted, I could buy second-hand copies of vintage Crusdaers, but being able to buy a new one direct is more appealing to me. If Lego is going to do an update, it would be best for them to do a full theme update.

Maybe it's too much to hope next year's promo is Islander...?

Great! I normally don't go for these S&H promotions but this one is a must for me.

Maybe it's too much to hope next year's promo is Islander...?

Probably. Classic city is much more likely at this point. Edited by BrickCurve

The problem with Western is, they have thrown in a few for the CMF line-up probably to avoid doing a full theme (similar to Roman, etc.)

They've done the same for Castle and Space.

Great! I normally don't go for these S&H promotions but this one is a must for me.

Probably. Classic city is much more likely at this point.

I can imagine it'll be Western or Classic City next year. Lego got lawsuited by New Zealanders over Bionicle in the early 2000s, and I imagine they'd be tiptoeing on egg shells since. Now they're much more powerful, they don't want any bad PR.

When was the last time they did a Western theme? I was in my Dark Ages for a relatively long time, but from the little I've seen, it seemed as though Western was only a 1-off theme....not the sort of thing that was recurring. And didn't the Lone Ranger theme kinda flop due to the movie flopping?

When was the last time they did a Western theme? I was in my Dark Ages for a relatively long time, but from the little I've seen, it seemed as though Western was only a 1-off theme....not the sort of thing that was recurring. And didn't the Lone Ranger theme kinda flop due to the movie flopping?

Yes, unfortunately the last proper western theme was a long time ago - the lone ranger flopped but the sets were awesome IMHO.

They've done the same for Castle and Space.

Exactly. They can sprinkle in more classic designs in CMF to appease us fans, and then add in other variety instead of doing a full theme. I'm sure in the long run it is cheaper/easier for them and guarantees sales. A theme worth of sets isn't guaranteed...I enjoyed Western as a kid, but as an adult, as good as the Lone Ranger sets were, I don't know if I would get that into a Western theme. Plus, Western genre is pretty dead anymore unfortunately.

The problem with getting Castle minifigures through the CMF series is that we only get 1 or 2 a series, and with more and more licensed series that means we only get maybe 3-5 a year. That's too slow to be an adequate source.