Sign in to follow this  
Alexbercas

[MOC] A-Wing Interceptor: Star Wars VII

2463862-o_1aj2v3l5s1vevi2aspe1ieau0p7-full.png

2463852-o_1aj2upafffmq1eeu170r11aq1tkvc-full.png

2463855-o_1aj2upeil10ee1v3111571qpj170mh-full.png

2463858-o_1aj2upls018h38mf18rk1rhr8jhm-full.png

The A-Wing Interceptor is a Starfighter produced by Incom Corporation, the successor to the model RZ-1. It will be used by the resistance in their struggle against the first order about 5 years after the destruction of the Starkiller Base. The A-Wing Interceptor includes new ion engine, identical to The T-70 X-wing starfighter, but more powerful and fast. The fighter has a pilot and an astromech droid with a system of shielding improved on its predecessor, as well as improved hyperdrive.

In the Assembly of this model I have based in part on an already existing on the market (75003 LEGO model). But there are enough differences above all in the back of the cockpit, engines and weapons. Two powerful laser cannons on both sides compared with the existing model give amore fear some aspect given the increase in firepower. I am aware that a new model of A-Wing will soon be on sale (based on Star Wars Rebels) but I didn't want to miss the chance to teach my particular version of the most famous interceptor of the rebel Alliance now used by the Resistance.

I have presented my digital version to LEGO Ideas. It is an improved version which I have physics but by the desire of wanting to present it soon.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/141617

I hope that the project is of your liking. Recently I begin in the world of LEGO and I would like to share my ideas with more people.

CAyM8Sb.jpg

9P6Q4KK.jpg

VSJet1C.jpg

It's a nice design (and 'alt-build' of Poe Dameron's X-wing, for the most part), but it'll go nowhere on Ideas even if it gets the 10,000 votes.

They aren't going to produce a Star Wars model based on something that doesn't exist in the Star Wars canon, let alone in the EU either. Episode VIII seems to begin right where Episode VII left off, and if IX follows suit then it's possible an advanced A-wing such as this might be in use a few years later as you suggest, but that won't be covered for awhile. The A-wing in VIII, what little we've seen of it so far, looks more like the ROTJ A-wing with a touch more McQuarrie thrown in (like the laser cannons, just like in the upcoming Rebels A-wing/Vader-TIE set).

Nice design. I really like the lines of the craft - very smooth and swooshable! Unfortunately, as the previous poster stated, this won't go far on Ideas. Also an updated A-Wing has already been confirmed to appear in Episode VIII from set pictures released a few weeks ago.

Still, it is a lovely design. I hope to see more designs from you! :)

I had not the slightest idea that in episode VIII went with my favorite hunting.

Edited by Alexbercas

Its a nice build and clever tie into Poe's x-wing. As has been flagged I can't see success in the Ideas area given its already being produced and it's in the next film (even if the UCS rumours prove false). But I would like to see the same model in the blue/white scheme as per the T-70 - i think it would look sweet.

OK thank you. I did my model at the end of February and was unaware of those rumors of the emergence of that hunt in episode 8... Also have they said something of the Y-wing fighter? Because I have also made a physical model of long with the same style.

I am aware that it is difficult that a franchise like Star Wars is set or make models that are not based his or her designers and, frankly, the model of A-wing to used in episode 8 is more of the same, could have a little more varied design (and not to mention my model changing engines aileron, cabin and little else).

I haven't heard tell of updated Y-wings in VIII yet... it's possible, I suppose! Wouldn't hurt to post yours here, tho :laugh:

I haven't heard tell of updated Y-wings in VIII yet... it's possible, I suppose! Wouldn't hurt to post yours here, tho :laugh:

I believe there was a leaked photo showing some kind of updated black y-wing. Maybe next will be a updated b-wing! :grin:

Its a nice build and clever tie into Poe's x-wing. As has been flagged I can't see success in the Ideas area given its already being produced and it's in the next film (even if the UCS rumours prove false). But I would like to see the same model in the blue/white scheme as per the T-70 - i think it would look sweet.

I hope you like the change of paint.

QVczR7f.png

QFBg1pC.png

And i even like the color :)

Love this modern approach design to the a wing :)

I love a good alt design and this is surely a great one!

Cudos for the detailing on the fins. The colour scheme and imagination is commendable.

Good job!

The blue and white one looks so much better then the orange and black. Thats not an insult of your original model but just a personal prefernce as I dont particularly like the orange and blacm variant of tbe x wing either.

I commend you on your version of the updated model as it looks similar enough to the original but still pushing the design further.