Paul Boratko

Has anyone here ever seen or built these amazing models..?

I know this isn't Lego Technic, but these are just too awesome not to share, not to mention that they are rather inexpensive.. I would imagine that much could be learned from these Amazing models..

You can buy them in the U.S. HERE

Edited by Paul Boratko

Curse you Paul Boratko. First it was Pocher models and now these. Stop telling me about cool things I need to buy. My house is full!

Curse you Paul Boratko. First it was Pocher models and now these. Stop telling me about cool things I need to buy. My house is full!

Eric, check out how many functions this truck has.. I am blown away.. At least these kits are pretty cheap.. :laugh:

Edited by Paul Boratko

Could you cut those models yourself with a homemade NXT or EV3 laser CNC machine?

Thanks for sharing... would never have found these. They are so awesome and functional. I have been blown away. :wub: It would be fun to try to replicate some of these with LEGO.

The truck has amazing functions,sure,but I'm not a big fan of wooden toys.

I know this isn't Lego Technic, but these are just too awesome not to share, not to mention that they are rather inexpensive.. I would imagine that much could be learned from these Amazing models..

Do you have a link to buy the truck?

Great stuff! It will be hard to make a B-model out of these sets, but at least you can make your own parts relatively easily.

Appearantly they are not offering the truck yet: https://ugears.onlin...chanical_models

Maybe they are going to present it later as their first Ultimate set :wink:.

Edited by Didumos69

I have just seen these models yesterday and was instantly stunned. Also I looked up where to buy them. Finding the link on their website wasn't that easy. Also, these sets are cheaper than I anticipated.

You can find the store list for different countries here: https://ugearsmodels.com/ugears%20store.html

Currently I am most interested in the steam locomotive, but it's not available anywhere. Perhaps I'll get the tram, but not right away. Let some time pass ;)

These models rock! I am amazed on the amount of details, the mechanical complexity, their reliability and the fact that they use a simple rubber-band motor, its genius :)

Just finished the tram and my fingers hurt like hell (I thought putting Technic pieces together is bad, but this is way worse). Other then this, I really like these wooden models, the instructions are clear and very good quality. Getting the little pieces out of the molds is pretty hard, you need some tools to help. The overall models is very interesting and the wooden gears work very good.

Here are some pics with it and one compared to 8051 motorbike so you can see the dimensions of the tram.

27031827782_e9bdfa6938_c.jpg

27093368686_8a617b1923_c.jpg

I just happened to have seen this about 2 weeks ago when researching laser cut plywood. It's totally awesome how functional these models are. They did a great job with this!

I saw this kickstarter after it closed and was sad I missed it. Thanks for the link to purchase.

As far as the train, I read on the kickstarter that is was for kickstarter backers only.

I would buy that train in a second. That is sooooooo cool. :wub: Paul, that car in your Facebook link is also pretty darn impressive too. Do you have a thread here about it?

I would buy that train in a second. That is sooooooo cool. :wub: Paul, that car in your Facebook link is also pretty darn impressive too. Do you have a thread here about it?

I found the train on Ebay from Europe, it is around $100 with free shipping.. I don't have a thread for that car.. Just click on the link, I have some more pics of it with a description..

As far as the train, I read on the kickstarter that is was for kickstarter backers only.

I think it originally was, but there are various sellers from Ukraine that have it for sale...

I ordered the safe for my wife..

I also ordered the safe. I will set it next to my LEGO safe designed by Jason Alleman.

While these models are really good, is this the correct forum for them?