B Rick

[MOC] BTTF I-II-III DeLorean Timemachine

a1_back_future.jpg

Yes... Another DeLorean Timemachine moc. I missed out on the official set, which I didn't like that much at the time. But when it sold out the regrets where on its way... So I built one for myself, two years ago, because BTTF is my favorite movie trilogy.

The car is 7-studs wide, which makes it perfect in minifig-scale. Instead of choosing one version from my favorite movie from the trilogy I just took all of the different version and mixed it all up to create a definitive one. Recently I got the time to finally take some pics.

So here it is...

a2_back_future.jpg

a3_back_future.jpg

a5_back_future.jpg

a4_back_future.jpg

Yes indeed a nice improvement over the official set. I didn't get the set either, and although I am not a huge BTTF fan I'd still love to have a model of the Time Machine.

thanks guys.

Love how you used that crate as engine block.

actually, that's not the engine but some kind of cirquitboard in a flat Pepsi-cola crate strapped to the hood as seen in BTTF part III.

Great DeLorean! I love those gull wing doors, and the whole thing is well detailed :thumbup:

Nice. I started modding the set, but I've changed so much structurally and aesthetically, that I think it's more of a MOC now.

I plan to work on it indefinitely until it's as accurate as it can be. It's taking a very long time.

Good thing here. I like the use of the crate especially.

Thanks guys! Appreciating all the nice words!

I started modding the set.................It's taking a very long time.

I hear you... At first I was really excited at first glimps of the official set. It took a while to realise it was very ugly... But to this day I still regret not picking one up when it was still fo sale.

Looking forward to seeing your version.