Sign in to follow this  
dathil

AoM: Wall phase 1

So here is the first of some incoming builds.

I wanted to create a wooden wall without pallisade bricks, I think I succeeded. (Quite partsconsuming though :) )

This was the first time I ever touched those 3-leave plants, I just ordered them and never had them before, so I had to try how to work with them. (apparently they are much more flexible than I imagined)

The trumpet is gonna pop up a lot, I play it myself so I love that brick.

It is also my first real shot on an irregular base, I think it turned out fine, but it could have been much smoother.

I actually want to create my own settlement, im working on a story for it right now, this will be included too. (I know, the 4 categories for a hamlet all need to be fullfilled, lots of work to do :D)

27018520912_8a98fe20af.jpgWall0-2 by David de Rijke, on Flickr

27018519522_18329af425.jpgWall0-1 by David de Rijke, on Flickr

27018521722_1474f05e2b.jpgWall0-3 by David de Rijke, on Flickr

27018522542_c36d7738fd.jpgWall0-4 by David de Rijke, on Flickr

27018523232_91fed54a77.jpgWall0-5 by David de Rijke, on Flickr

(and this is where I use yellow rounds for)

Very nice wall, and I know what you mean with part-consuming!

Last pic :laugh:

Great palisade, they do tend to be rather parts intensive. I like the platform in back, with the flag flying proudly :thumbup:

The wall has a very natural look and you have made good efforts on the vegetation. :thumbup:

Some constructive criticism: I think it would be more realistic to have the area behind the wall raised by, say, a brick and a plate, so it has backup, and because fortifications are often found around vantage points. The small pier feels off because it seems like a major gap in the defence line. (I am an over-thinking nitpick, I know! :tongue:) Happy building! :wink:

Very nice wall, and I know what you mean with part-consuming!

Last pic :laugh:

Thanks!

Yeah I saw those lights and couldn't resist...

Great palisade, they do tend to be rather parts intensive. I like the platform in back, with the flag flying proudly :thumbup:

Thanks! Yes I finally have the parts to show our own colors;)

The wall has a very natural look and you have made good efforts on the vegetation. :thumbup:

Some constructive criticism: I think it would be more realistic to have the area behind the wall raised by, say, a brick and a plate, so it has backup, and because fortifications are often found around vantage points. The small pier feels off because it seems like a major gap in the defence line. (I am an over-thinking nitpick, I know! :tongue:) Happy building! :wink:

Thanks, and criticism is always good! I agree to raising it. I used the two 6x16 dark tan plates as original base, and built the green part around it. Then I placed the wall, including the tan part as dirt/sand. I will fix this for my incoming gate phase2, which will probably use a quite similar construction! The pier was built solely to make the last picture possible :D However, I agree that it is a weak spot, I will need to solve that.

Nice wall, looks quite natural!

The one leaking in the river sure had one too many i guess :P and should've gone earlier, if it's this yellow you either drink too less or don't go frequently enough haha :)

Great build! The palisade looks suitably study and I like the curving shape you have with it :thumbup:

The vegetation is very nice as well :classic:

Nice work on stage 1; though I do agree that the dock seems a little out of place. I can't wait for the next one!

It's a lovely natural setting and I like the curved log wall and the vegetation.