This is my version of khatmorg's incredible delta-7 model (which you should view here www.flickr.com/photos/95628537@N02/8735306298/in/dateposted/ and here http://www.eurobrick...2931&hl=delta-7) .

I originally built their model as per the original build over a year ago but a few months ago I started fiddling with it and have now arrived at a point where I'm satisfied with it. It was difficult to find other ways to achieve some angles (the source is so good already!) especially in the back and as a result that area is quite fragile and use some illegal connections. Most of the changes are concerned with the bottom, spine and rear sections. I haven't been able to find a way to find a way to hide some little landing gears in the back of the wedge where it fattens out a bit yet so the ones you can see in the other photos are just attached externally. Also it is about 8 to 10 studs too long as a result of the angle of the 1x3 wedge plate, according to the rough scale I used. That isn't ideal for me as I like to scale it right to a degree, but the additional detail you can add on a bigger model is good as well. I also wanted to try an alternative solution to miniaturise the dual laser cannons, and add the other half on the bottom but haven't solved that issue either. I might pick this up again later and play with it some more but for now I'm content to reveal it.

I hope all of you enjoy. Thanks to khatmorg for being so great about sharing their creation.

The stand is based on sydag's method which you can see here (www.flickr.com/photos/sydag/16129935387/in/dateposted/). It's simple and ingenious.

You can view the rest of photos in the album (www.flickr.com/photos/48109771@N05/albums/72157668258477972).

26502981853_1414a920fb_c.jpg

26502980063_b534736403_c.jpg

27074262406_fc01aebeea_c.jpg

26501224064_93be412fd1_c.jpg

Edited by atlas

Very pretty - sleep and clean!

The proportions also look spot on :)

cheers!! I don't have instructions, but I could try and post some breakdown pics if you like, though I'll have to wait a few days.

That looks great, I really like how the angled plates meet up so cleanly. Are they mounted on ball joints?

Edited by Joemmo

Cheers every one. For the angle I used a 1x2 plate with clip with a technic pin in between like this.

DAFeWX3.jpg

(And yes I am building plo koons version!)

Edited by atlas

Absolutely the best rendition of this in minifig scale I have ever seen! Wonderful. I always loved this starfighter design but none of the official sets or MOCs provided satisfactory look to me. This totally does! :D I feel very tempted to build this.

EDIT: I just saw the khatmorg's work and I have to include kudos to him :)

Edited by krisandkris12

Some break down pictures would be awesome and I really love the way you built the back and managed to get that triangular shape in the back of the wing yet keep it looking flat at the front.

Hey there, nice to see it finished. I really like what you did with the back and underside, my version suffers from ugly underside syndrome like official models hehe.

Ditto the call for some break down pics if possible, I've finished my Khatmorg build (top job there K!) and would like to see if I want to do another one on this version. You can't have two many Delta 7s!

Hey! Are there any breakdown photos or instructions? This set is insane and I would love to build it aswell 

9 hours ago, Lamme said:

Hey! Are there any breakdown photos or instructions? This set is insane and I would love to build it aswell 

He says there are no instructions although he did post one break down pic