Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] Announcing 10253 Big Ben

This set is really what I have been waiting for, after the disappointment of the last 2 modular sets, this is finally one knocking it out of the park. Great piece count, great price, this is Lego done correctly for the adult collector. It doesn't need a story, doesn't need a lot crammed into a baseplate, this is what is right. I would challenge whomever designs the next modular to follow suit. Can't wait to pick this up.

there is a video of it i don't know if anyone say it.

do anyone know if only the lego shop it sells, or do other shops they don't be form lego sell it too? example brickshop.

and do they sell it for more money or are they cheaper?

i know that lego shops they don't be from lego, the lego technic porsche get month later than the lego shop, but there is the lego porsche €40,00 cheaper than by the lego shop.

DE 219.99€

*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Price seems very reasonable, but I'm curious of what will be the prices in neighboring countries, i.e. Belgium and France (as it does not seem yet to be on the S@H site)

Maybe I'll be able to order it from the Belgian S@H? Or do will have to go Lille's Store for the French price as often? Or will I even have to go to Köln, like for the Ghostbusters HQ to get a decent price ? :hmpf_bad:

Edited by antp

$350. It looks like the whole world got decent pricing.

Does this mean it'll be NZD400 in NZ? Can anyone who remembers the pricing of Tower Bridge in both countries confirm this?

Its a nice model. Not my theme but very nice indeed.

Dear god... how many microfigures do you get in this set? :look:

But very nice indeed!

$450 in NZ. Once again LEGO is ripping us Kiwis off! :angry:

Big Ben = $350 AUD ($375 NZD), $250 USD ($370 NZD), 170 GBP ($365 NZD), $450 NZD

This should be $400 in NZ like the Tower Bridge. :angry:

I will still be getting the set, I just hate that we have to pay ridiculous prices in NZ.

$450 in NZ. Once again LEGO is ripping us Kiwis off! :angry:

Big Ben = $350 AUD ($375 NZD), $250 USD ($370 NZD), 170 GBP ($365 NZD), $450 NZD

This should be $400 in NZ like the Tower Bridge. :angry:

I will still be getting the set, I just hate that we have to pay ridiculous prices in NZ.

Oh wow that's expensive. What's with the extra 50 dollars I wonder? Might have to wait for a sale then

Looks great. But of course there is only one question that really matters: does it match scale with the Tower Bridge set?

Looks great. But of course there is only one question that really matters: does it match scale with the Tower Bridge set?

Just about:

Big Ben

actual size: 96m, Lego: 60 cm

Tower Bridge

actual size: 65m + 8.6m = 73.6m, Lego: 45cm

So the Big Ben is 1.3cm taller than it would have been on the same scale as the Tower Bridge. I'd say that's pretty close.

Wow, that's closer than I expected. Neat.

WANT :wub: WANT :wub: WANT :wub: WANT :wub: WANT :wub: WANT :wub: WANT!!!!!!!!

I love this building in real life, it's a very special sight to behold... I can't wait for this to come out :wub:

I have added some detailed pics to the first post.

Thanks for the new pictures. I had actually hoped, and somewhat expected that LEGO would have done something special about "Big Ben" even though it might not be to visible in the overall display.

And then the bell is just a somewhat boring brick build.

However the set is still awesome looking and it's becoming more appealing everytime I look at it !

I think it would take more than 2-3 extra sets to build the entire building... :tongue:

19-141362267977443.jpg

...but I want to try it!! :thumbup:

Edited by gezuvor

I'm intending on doing the full building next year. I'll probably buy the individual parts rather than extra sets though. I roughly worked out that you'd need about 15 or 16 extra sets to do the whole building...

Seeing the low price per part of that set, wouldn't it be more interesting to buy extra sets?

(except if you can get parts for very cheap, e.g. via a LUG)

The look and price are amazing, but too many same bricks and structure may reduce the fun when build it. For the finished look and size, it's a good collection especially the price is way lower for a 4000 pcs set.