Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] Announcing 10253 Big Ben

The pain of building the walls though, over and over...

The set is great, it really is, and the unbelievably low price makes me want it more. Gotta get that Disney Castle though!

I don't know. Looks even more repetitive than the tower bridge. Good price per part though.

So wonderfully built and so wonderfully priced as well. :wub_drool:

(Good pricing or not, its a shame budget and space doesn't allow me to get it)

The grass and sea detailing represented by the blue and green baseplates are very refreshing to the model and are indeed a nice touch. :thumbup:

Love the colors of the build, the golden highlights, and detailing for the windows, shields, and statues. Just so great! :excited:

Really didn't have much hope for this model as I did't really like the Sydney Opera House but this model is done so well! :drool:

Also, new drinking game: take a sip whenever Jamie says the word "beautiful" in the designer video. :laugh_hard:

Edited by Legocity2713

Looks fantastic, but I can't believe that price - that's a price per piece ratio I've never seen before.

Then again, there must be tons of small pieces in there to explain that - I wonder if it might make a good parts pack...

I wonder how many packs would be needed to build an accurate representation of the entire building (instead of part of it)

Quite impressive indeed. The price point is rather fair too, compared to what they nowadays charge for their top-of-the-line products :wink: I think it will sell pretty well, not only in the UK!

WOW!

So boring yet so beautiful, and therefor so amazingly accurate!

I love it with all of my being, except for the weird spinny hands. It's fun, but not clocklike. Hands don't move in unison.

It would have been amazing if they'd had an escapement mechanism and whatnot to make it work as a real clock. That would have made this fly high on my wish list.

I still love and want it.

I'm sure that others are already thinking about buying 2 and seeing if it can be MOD'ed into having actually useable interior space for minifig's. I know it wouldn't be true minifig scale but I would love to see someone like Lego Sajak do his usual double set on something like this. Hopefully someone here will try and pull it off.

Great for them to make it the same scale as the tower bridge :) makes it a nice set to put together...

Yes, very impressive! I will be getting this. :wub: Between this and the technic Porsche 911 it's going to be an expensive year for me with lego. Not to mention Cinderella's Castle which will probably be just as amazing and a must-have.

Edited by Dapper-D2

Why are nice things in life so expensive...

Because nice sets are detailed, and detailed sets needs more components? :)

This is my favorite in the Lego world buildings. The building itself fits perfectly to be a Lego model, and Jamie with his team did a fantastic job designing this. I really would like to buy this, too bad that it's so large and I don't have a proper place to display it... maybe I have to buy it anyway, hah!

Edited by temes

Looks amazing!

Anyone know the Australian price?

$350. It looks like the whole world got decent pricing.