Hi all!

Some days ago, there was a little talk about an international Truck Trial race in Zblj's topic. So, the competition happened, it was a great time, to meet each other again (most of us were in the first international TT meeting, in Keszthely, 2011). It was a bit of special event. The idea came from Mihai Dreve (Braker23 here), He planned a trip to Hungary, and asked us about a TT race. Then Zblj joined us, and became an international event with 3 countries: Romania, Slovenia, Hungary. :classic: I'll be advertise here, if there will be another international TT meeting, organized by us (Hungarian Lego Truck Trial Club / Malug).

This was the third international Truck Trial themed meeting in Hungary, in 7th of May, 2016. The location was the edge of Budapest, the Harmashatarhegy. It's our usual and most used place for TT, has many advantage, like large area, large variety of terrain, hills, stones, logs, etc.

Generally, our TT club is mostly private, it's a closed discussion (rules, location, day) usually, and we only publicize the advertisement (with final rules, etc.) of the race. We know about the possible participants, they are in the discussion.

Luckily, Agrof, and Lipko could also join us, so this event became a little Eurobricks meeting, too. :classic:Special thanks to Agrof for the awesome first prize! Can be seen at 18:21 in the video below. Thank you, Peter! :classic:

I put every important information, moments, good photos, shots, trucks, builders, results, and as many fun, as I found - in this video:

Watch in 1080p, with fullscreen:

:excited::head_back:

Hope you will enjoy the video. More pictures, galleries will arrive soon, I'll put them here. I made another version of the video, with the original sounds, if someone needs, ask me in pm, and I'll send the dropbox link.

Comments, questions always welcomed. :classic:

Edited by Mbmc

Nice trial course and trucks!

Why so small count of conestants?

Thanks. 7 participants were there, with 9 trucks, that not so small, but you are right, and the reason is time, we had about a month for this event. And time again, because some of the usual participants simply hadn't time for it now.

Fun event for sure. Like it!

That Mihai's Tatra T813 crash at the first stage was epic :laugh: Was it damaged too much as I didn't see it running on other stages.

This was a fun event, I am happy that I took the time.

The area is beautiful, we had luck with the weather too.

Thanks for the effort and for sharing! :thumbup::classic:

p.s.: I feel infected with TT virus...

The video was well done, and enjoyable. The mix of vehicles was great, too!

(I wish there was more footage of the 10x10, though :wink: )

Thank you guys. :classic: It was fun, yeah.

That Mihai's Tatra T813 crash at the first stage was epic :laugh: Was it damaged too much as I didn't see it running on other stages.

Mihai's Tatra was on repair, yes. But after that, it worked, just made more sense to compete with the lime one in the next stages.

Now this was a fun race, I can tell ya that. Weather was pretty horrible, but the participants were dedicated and in a joyful mood, I really enjoyed this TT.

My lime KRAZ stood up to the challenge, but sadly my white Tatra was too heavy and slow for the chosen tracks.

Also, I was very pleased that I could finally meet truly awesome builders like Zblj, Lipko and Agrof.

May we all meet again soon :)

I have to say my jealousy knows no bounds right now, where I live there is nothing like this to do in the Texas, let alone the U.S.

There were a lot of great TT designs but the white tatra had a too steep wheel camber and that resulted in a big crash.

Thanks for the pictures. There are some good looking trucks there. It's always nice to see some good Trial races and trucks.

I'm really liking the Dark Grey one. Well done.

I am sorry for the late reply, but my life ATM is a bit hecktic and what not... Anyway I had an AWESOME time, a BIG thanks to Tamas for organising this great meeting. Also a BIG THANKS to Nandi for showing me around the Budapest and driving me around, you rock :excited:

For the race, I see that uisng third party tyres is a way to go, so it seems I will have to give up on my purist ways. The trucks I used had some flaws, the Oshkosh was never designed as a trial truck and the 6L motors drained batteries too fast. The second truck powered by 4 RC motors was my first truck ever to use so much power in such compact model. Due o width limitations I was forced to use smaller 8448 wheels which lack the required grip. The problem was also in gearing, since the front and rear motors were not connected, the rear wheel drive tended to ran out of torque... Even after all these years and all those trucks I still have a lot of learn... And this is why I really like competitions such as these. They bring out the best out of people, and the worst out of trucks :grin:

Edited by Zblj

Truck Trial competitions

They bring out the best out of people, and the worst out of trucks :grin:

This is so true it hurts :)

I had an AWESOME time, a BIG thanks to Tamas for organising this great meeting. Also a BIG THANKS to Nandi for showing me around the Budapest and driving me around, you rock :excited:

... And this is why I really like competitions such as these. They bring out the best out of people, and the worst out of trucks :grin:

You and Mihai are welcome anytime in the future, too. We enjoyed this competition and meeting as much as you. :classic: Maybe, one day there will be a much bigger international race with more countries and official support. Yes, we also learn from every TT race, and go home always with new experiences, ideas (and broken or missing parts sometimes :laugh: ).

What I was wondering: Would half tracks be allowed? Just out of my curiosity.

No, they weren't allowed, they suck on TT stages compared to wheeled ones. So we aren't planning to make them allowed in the future, too. Such as fully tracked vehicles, they are simply not for trial, as they also can't be seen in real TT races.

Edited by Mbmc