Hey,

It is time to present you my next MOC: Trolleybus, based on ZiU-9 (ZiU-682). Hope you enjoy!

800x534.jpg

Features & Functions

• XL-Motor for propulsion

• M-Motor for steering

• L-Motor + 5 mini linear actuators for opening doors

• Working steering wheel

• Movable trolley poles

• 2x IR Receiver

• 1x LED lights

• LiPo battery for power

800x534.jpg

800x541.jpg

800x534.jpg

And the video:

Such a well detailed build. Great work incorporating small details like windshield wipers and rear view mirrors :thumbup:

Plus, working doors! Excellent trolley arms too :classic:

That is a really good looking bus you made, my compliments! I like the proportions, scale and colours. Can I make two suggestions to make it even better? First, the black colour of the interior makes the details a bit hard to see. I'm not familiar with the real world example, but in Lego a lighter colour for the interior might look better. Second suggestion is to route the PF cables inside more tightly if possible. This would make you interior even better.

Anyway, nice build!

Thanks! The reason I used black details for interior is simple: I don't have the needed amount of details in any other color. Also thought of putting the wires differently, but I decided not to bend them to avoid motors breaking, which I already had before.

Edited by paave

Thanks. I learned many door mechanisms being used in bus MOCs, but they didn't fit my scale; so I invented my own with mini-actuators, and it turned to a perfect fit.

I am not a fan of busses, but considering all the details and the engineering behind this MOC... Bravo, hat off! :thumbup: :thumbup:

That is a vehicle I did not expect to see in Lego Technic and not in that scale + with all those functions. My compliments! I have many memories of the yellow trolley buses in Athens.

I wrote you already on Youtube, that is lovely (trolley)bus :) In Gdynia, it is a part of Tricity in Poland, there are also the trolleybuses in the same colors

I wrote you already on Youtube, that is lovely (trolley)bus :) In Gdynia, it is a part of Tricity in Poland, there are also the trolleybuses in the same colors

Colors were one of the main reasons for me to create it; blue is one of my favorite. I was inspired by St. Petersburg's trolleys I used to take when I lived there:

x_8faab5a0.jpg