Sign in to follow this  
Columbus019

Where can you buy trans-yellow windscreens/windows?

I want to make some lego classic space mocs but have come to a problem. Trans yellow "glass" peices are no longer availiable and I can't find any on bricklink or ebay. Please help.

Thanks in advance

Columbus

P.S. should this topic be here?

I find the same problem. Or if they are available they are extortionately expensive!

Agreed, I may buy Benny's spaceship for the trans yellow pieces.

Columbus

Trans yellow "glass" peices are no longer availiable and I can't find any on bricklink or ebay. Please

hum Bricklink has over 100's of the most common trans-yellow canopy part of the 80's. Used, of course, but -some- of them have to be in usable condition.

Talking about old windshields & how to restore them using Future floor polish: DON'T. I thought that it'd be 100% safe, even for someone like me with 2 left hands. Well, it's not, and when you screw up, it's not reversible either.

Edited by anothergol

Try looking a little harder on Bricklink because all the trans yellow parts are there. Small trans yellow tiles and plates can be used to cover up larger clear plates and then you have large hatches. 1x2 trans yellow bricks can make awesome large rounded shapes for big projects.

It can be very hard to find NEW trans-yellow CS parts on BL but you can get lucky if look for the old Service Packs. Right now you can get a brand new 4228 inverted slope in a 5190 set for only 10EUR :wink:

There's a shop on BL that does replica windows (some with cool etching). I've been told the quality is quite good. Now, I'm not much for using non-LEGO parts but he has an x207 (that was only released in trans-dark blue/red allthough I own a clear-trans version myself) and I'm definitely going to get some of those :thumbup:

16339581968_e9306be02e_b.jpg

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=GFG

Cheers,

Ole

For small scratches an just generally blurry canopies, Brasso can work really well, and it is 100% safe for the parts.

Talking about old windshields & how to restore them using Future floor polish: DON'T. I thought that it'd be 100% safe, even for someone like me with 2 left hands. Well, it's not, and when you screw up, it's not reversible either.

It can be very hard to find NEW trans-yellow CS parts on BL but you can get lucky if look for the old Service Packs. Right now you can get a brand new 4228 inverted slope in a 5190 set for only 10EUR :wink:

There's a shop on BL that does replica windows (some with cool etching). I've been told the quality is quite good. Now, I'm not much for using non-LEGO parts but he has an x207 (that was only released in trans-dark blue/red allthough I own a clear-trans version myself) and I'm definitely going to get some of those :thumbup:

16339581968_e9306be02e_b.jpg

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=GFG

Cheers,

Ole

I think I've seen those glass panels on ebay as well. They look great, but most of them are designed for the older window frames that are expensive these days. It would be good if he made some for the current windows.

So, I got some of those x207 panels windows. Very nice quality, but also a VERY tight fit!

They're more orange than orignal LEGO trans-yellow, so I probably would not use them for normal windows. I'd love some x207 in trans-green also :wink:

(Edit, the windows are x207, the panels are 30288)

Cheers,

Ole

trans-yellow_custom_1.JPG

Edited by 1974

It is a shame Lego has pieces like the 30288 blue panels and no trans yellow window for them. That's a waste of pieces for Classic Space building. Also blue frames like the 60596  and 2493 and no trans yellow windows. So when I found the ebay store, member 1974 mentions, I didn't doubt it for a second and also bought trans green windows for those old light gray frames.

This person only does flat windows, not curved windows nor pieces with studs, However even with these limitations, he has helped me greatly with my classic space MOC's here take a peek:

http://2kclassicspace.deviantart.com/art/MOC-Comunications-Outpost1-595504398

http://2kclassicspace.deviantart.com/art/MOC-Robot-Mobile-Centre-588313496

http://2kclassicspace.deviantart.com/art/Robot-Mobile-Centre-Transforming-1-608320086

Happy building.