Col. Whipstick

Which Pirate LEGO faction do you support?

Ahoy Duuuuuuuude!  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you?

• Pirates
    • Soldiers (Blues)
    • Imperial Guards (Reds)
    • Islanders
    • Imperial Armada

Well fortunately this isn't based on the numbers of minifigs as that would be impossible to prove but by the affiliation of our members.

Well What I ment was that We'd have an upper hand on the amount of crew aboard our fine ships. But maybe that's just because I've always like Imperial Soldiers more than Imperial Guard's. Blue rules!

Well What I ment was that We'd have an upper hand on the amount of crew aboard our fine ships. But maybe that's just because I've always like Imperial Soldiers more than Imperial Guard's. Blue rules!

Well I have more blues than reds unfortunately, reds seem harder to get hold of... probably because more people preffer them :-P

Anyway, my blues work for my reds. Alas... If only I had the finances to make my army of Green Imperials.

Well at the time I voted there was only two votes and seeing as I'd only just voted when you'd made the poll I am surprised by your choice and here I thought you were a Conquistador through and through.

I shall now reveal that I am yet to vote >:-)

The intreague of your alliegence has lost it's appeal now, I'm too busy thinking of who felt sorry enough to vote for the Islanders. :-P The only sad thing about these polls is how people just vote to keep things even rather than what they really believe in, like how it was for the Holloween competition.

I would be half way between Imperial (Blue) and Pirate.

I would be a merchant(Like the one in Imperial Trading Post).

But, I'll put myself down as Pirate.

All these people voting pirate... *sad*

I hope your mothers are proud of you, you villanous scum! Yes even you 'nice pirate' lot.

Edited by Col. Whipstick

The intreague of your alliegence has lost it's appeal now, I'm too busy thinking of who felt sorry enough to vote for the Islanders. :-P The only sad thing about these polls is how people just vote to keep things even rather than what they really believe in, like how it was for the Holloween competition.

That was awful :'-( . But, it may seem so. Or there is just an equal amount of people who like their choice X-D

It is, shame you wont tell us.

Pirate!! >:-) The theme is called "pirates" so therefore Its a pirates life me!

Pillaging, plundering, drinking rum, rollin with the ladies in Tortuga X-D, yep I'm definitely a pirate X-D

Since Slyowl is Pirate King that leaves, pirate lords of the worlds oceans. So I guess I'm Pirate Lord of the Pacific! *sweet*

Drink up me hearties Yo ho!

And I edit my sig to Hoisting the Pirate Colors!

P the Pirate Lord of the Pacific

Edited by Piranha

Yes even you 'nice pirate' lot.

Now I've had it! |-/ No more mister nice pirate.

I wasn't expecting it to go like this. I always though the reds were superior to the blues.

Now I've had it! |-/ No more mister nice pirate.

I wasn't expecting it to go like this. I always though the reds were superior to the blues.

Nah, the reality is blue has always been a colour used by almost every single nation ever so more members will feel a stronger affinity for blue. Even Britain used sufficient blue when it comes to the navy etc, though the British and a few of the Commonwealth members are mighty keen on their reds.

I also think people see it as the blues came before the reds, atleast in Lego Pirates so they take precedence.

I'm a little more suprised that the Islanders have overtaken the Armada figs because everyone, myself included seems to say they like the Armada figs and would vote for them second etc and no one has every really championed the Islanders in this forum.

I'm wondering now if I should have included another option - one for the wildlife, perhaps the sharks and crocodiles will eat everyone and rule the seas! :-P

Come on Redcoats, we need more troops if we stand a chance of defeating these pirate scum! :-P

As you might of guessed, I voted Redcoats. Although I have more bluecoat sets which is a shame.

Edited by Lord Of Pies

Come on Redcoats, we need more troops if we stand a chance of defeating these pirate scum! :-P

As you might of guessed, I voted Redcoats. Although I have more bluecoat sets which is a shame.

Ditto, though it's good to see us reds fighting back, we were looking too much of a distant second there.

I'm not much of a pirate, or an islander, I hate getting dirty *n*

So i voted Imperial Guard, they were always my favourites, considering the limited pirate sets I have *sweet*

Nothing to Say, but Pirate Batbrick Away! >:-)

I voted "Imperial Soldier".

Reasons:

I like blue better than red.

Blue can represent French or American: I live in the USA and am 1/16 French, O% British/

Scottish/ Irish.

I despise red coats, but I think the British wearing dark blue in POTC3 are awesome. Norrington is cool

too.

I voted "Imperial Soldier".

Reasons:

I like blue better than red.

Blue can represent French or American: I live in the USA and am 1/16 French, O% British/

Scottish/ Irish.

I despise red coats, but I think the British wearing dark blue in POTC3 are awesome. Norrington is cool

too.

The reason I didn't list them as "Imperial Soldier" is because Lego simply called them Soldiers in the catalogues and the reds were named Imperial Guards as well as the conquistador types being named "Imperial Armada" so it's not the listing inaccuracy it may seem though we commonly reffer to both fractions as Imperial here because it's an appropriate adjective.

You mean 0% British/Irish or 0% English/Scottish/Welsh/Irish... as British is not a sinonym for English, that tends to upset a few Scots and Welsh, and rightly so, the mistake is made far too often and it's comparable to Canadians being called American because they are part of North America.

I will be using the blues to represent the Scottish colony of Darien prior to the Union and creation of Great Britain, they are the more versatile of the two colours. It's hard to find a country that doesn't use blue in it's uniforms and maybe that's why I preffer the red, it's a bit more exclusive.

Edited by Col. Whipstick

Nah, the reality is blue has always been a colour used by almost every single nation ever so more members will feel a stronger affinity for blue. Even Britain used sufficient blue when it comes to the navy etc, though the British and a few of the Commonwealth members are mighty keen on their reds.

I also think people see it as the blues came before the reds, atleast in Lego Pirates so they take precedence.

I'm a little more suprised that the Islanders have overtaken the Armada figs because everyone, myself included seems to say they like the Armada figs and would vote for them second etc and no one has every really championed the Islanders in this forum.

I'm wondering now if I should have included another option - one for the wildlife, perhaps the sharks and crocodiles will eat everyone and rule the seas! :-P

None of that applies to me :-$ . My very first sets (which was last year) were the Imperial Flagship and Imperial Outpost. I only got blue coats a bit later. However, I like 'em all X-D !!

Pirates are being outvoted by soldiers and guards! X-O Why that is madness! If I had a second choice I would have to pick soldier, generally because I own the CC and they are very cool.

Vote Pirate!(here and over there in Pirates vs Romans X-D )

Hoist the Colors!

P the pirate lord of the pacific

The reason Soldiers and Imperial Guards are beating the Pirates in the voting is simply because...

No one wants shipmates who look and smell like the poxy, rum-stained, flatulating and inebriated sons of some cheap Nassau brothel that you all are. :-P

Oh and by the way - Merry Christmas! X-D

Just let you know, I'm a redcoat through and through. New pic's of the South Essex should appear soon.

Yes I had counted on your vote as one of the few bankable reds but it looks like we'll need to go to war with the blues to win this. X-D Perhaps we need to team up with the Imperial Armada and Islanders, they aren't looking so hot...

Edited by Col. Whipstick

The reason Soldiers and Imperial Guards are beating the Pirates in the voting is simply because...

No one wants shipmates who look and smell like the poxy, rum-stained, flatulating and inebriated sons of some cheap Nassau brothel that you all are. :-P

Oh and by the way - Merry Christmas! X-D

Yes I had counted on your vote as one of the few bankable reds but it looks like we'll need to go to war with the blues to win this. X-D Perhaps we need to team up with the Imperial Armada and Islanders, they aren't looking so hot...

Make a truce? With the Dons and the Locals? GOOD GOD MAN! We're British! The Dons hate our non-Papist ways and the Locals? Worse then the French man! No, no truce for us you silly little man. We'll be British through and through, and take the buggers on head on! Remember Trafalgar! Remember Waterloo! Remember Sean Bean! *angel choirs sing out*

By God, if you wasn't an h'officer and a gentleman, I'D HAVE YOU FLOGGED!

Make a truce? With the Dons and the Locals? GOOD GOD MAN! We're British! The Dons hate our non-Papist ways and the Locals? Worse then the French man! No, no truce for us you silly little man. We'll be British through and through, and take the buggers on head on! Remember Trafalgar! Remember Waterloo! Remember Sean Bean! *angel choirs sing out*

By God, if you wasn't an h'officer and a gentleman, I'D HAVE YOU FLOGGED!

That's assuming once again that as Reds we're British and as Blues we're French X-D I'm trying to keep nationality out of this given Lego were just generic about the fractions and those Portuguese Dons were always in league with the Brits far more than our other protestant friends. Anyway, if this poll were about the nations/empires I would have started it like this:

1. British (Reds)

2. French (Blues)

3. Spanish (Armada)

4. Etc.

Vote!

Edited by Col. Whipstick

That's assuming once again that as Reds we're British and as Blues we're French X-D I'm trying to keep nationality out of this given Lego were just generic about the fractions and those Portuguese Dons were always in league with the Brits far more than our other protestant friends. Anyway, if this poll were about the nations/empires I would have started it like this:

1. British (Reds)

2. French (Blues)

3. Spanish (Armada)

4. Etc.

Vote!

Damn ye and your sense! Well, We don't ally ourselves with the Armada as they look stupid and the Natives don't wear any clothes! They is in the nuddy!

Yeah, this is what being a true British is about. When politics fails, bring on the name calling.

Damn ye and your sense! Well, We don't ally ourselves with the Armada as they look stupid and the Natives don't wear any clothes! They is in the nuddy!

Yeah, this is what being a true British is about. When politics fails, bring on the name calling.

The Armada figs look stupid? X-D This is cool, I'll let you and Mr Phes slug it out on that one while I sit and watch with my box of popcorn.

Edited by Col. Whipstick

Well, as for my 2 cents

Cause sharks aren't exactly a faction - though they should be with all the blood and sharp teeth and swimming around and biting people - I decided to go for the good ole fashioned Islanders. X-D

A sub theme of which I have exactly collected 0.0 pieces. Yes, when you're young and your vision is clouded it's sure difficult to spot personal priority sets. To my great sadness I find myself islanderless while I could have had so many... :'-(

Yes, those half naked, primitive, Caucasian-humans-eating savages get my vote. :-D