Sign in to follow this  
LuxorV

The Ancient Walrus revealed

Ok, so my Shakar Special isn't going that good in the SigFig Mech Contest |-/

Well, you won't stop me *sing* X-D I'll just keep building mecha based on EB members and use them elswhere (where I don't have to compete with big mech-troopers or flat-feet police enforcers :-P ).

Here is my latest creation: the Ancient Walrus (see this tread for the backstory ;-) ). It is also knows as the Sinner Special (for quite obvious reasons X-D ).

I tryed to give it a general resemblance to a Fabuland Walrus (color sceme, big teeth, and a mech-scaled Fabuland shovel)

sinnerspecial_001.jpg

Its legs, with bigger feet than Fabuland MFs', are equiped with two big pots for cooking clams while on mission :-P

sinnerspecial_003.jpg

Detail of the cockpit, with the big overhead cannon, the side protections in the shape of walrus teeth, and canopy remainding of a walrus's nose (in red because I don't own the right brown pieces |-/ )

sinnerspecial_004.jpg

In order to access the pilot seat, you must unfold the defensive plates

sinnerspecial_006.jpg

sinnerspecial_007.jpg

sinnerspecial_009.jpg

Big arms for a big worker

sinnerspecial_011.jpg

The back, just like in the comic,...

sinnerspecial_012.jpg

...hosts a computer device

sinnerspecial_013.jpg

Detail of the big foot

sinnerspecial_014.jpg

Gallery here.

Hope you all will enjoy it, especially Sinner :-$

LuxorV

:-D :-D :-D *wub* *wub* *wub* Oh dear Lord, it's so beautiful. I truly love it. Nothing is better than the pots on the thighs! Great job. I will probably let it all sink in and then comment more later, but you are just awesome at mechs. Thanks for sharing with us! *sweet*

Another beautiful mech from the master of mechs! *wub*

You have done a brilliant job with keeping this one in with the fabuland look LuxorV, like Hinckley said, the pots on the thighs are hilarious and ingenious :-D

The use of large slopes as Walrus teeth is very effective, my one criticism is that I wish there was a bit more head ontop of the teeth.

The feet are definitely my favourite part, very well-designed and in keeping with our Tasmanian Walrus friend (who lives two hours from me ;-) )

I also really like the use of a trans-blue aquazone cockpit *y*

Nothing to say, but Batbrick Away! >:-)

Edited by Batbrick

Hehe! Very cool! The colour scheme is very fitting, and the mech looks solidly built, which is always great! The pots are an awesome touch! Fantastic!! :-D *y*

~Peace

Edited by iamded

Very nice Mech, this one looks great! *wub*

The colours all look good, to bad you didn't have enough brown to do a walrus nose. :-D

Great work! *y*

By the way, where is his sailor hat? :-D

:-D Very nice, and very accurate. I love the cooking pots, that made me laugh quite loudly (thankfully I'm the only one home), and the overall look and feel of the mech is wonderful, from the design to the colour scheme.

In a word... wow.

Sorry for coming to the party late! I'm starting to get the impression that people are trying to highlight that I should have done a mech entry. :-/ First Hinckley does a Fabuland character, to which I whine "but the head is so hard, bla bla bla".... and then you make exactly what I should have done! *wub*

Personally, aside from making this look exactly like a Fabuland figure, I think this is perfect, especially your smart choice of weapon. :-D The tusks are a smart solution, and I love the beefy arms and roomy enclosed cockpit. *sweet* The pots are a great idea too! :-P My only complaint is you missed my hat!

Hope you all will enjoy it, especially Sinner :-$

I did... even though it does show me up as a pathetic untalented whiner. :-$

Oh dear Lord, it's so beautiful. I truly love it. Nothing is better than the pots on the thighs! Great job. I will probably let it all sink in and then comment more later, but you are just awesome at mechs.

Thanks, I'll be waiting for later comments! ;-)

Another beautiful mech from the master of mechs!

You have done a brilliant job with keeping this one in with the fabuland look LuxorV, like Hinckley said, the pots on the thighs are hilarious and ingenious

The use of large slopes as Walrus teeth is very effective, my one criticism is that I wish there was a bit more head ontop of the teeth.

The feet are definitely my favourite part, very well-designed and in keeping with our Tasmanian Walrus friend (who lives two hours from me)

I also really like the use of a trans-blue aquazone cockpit

You're too kind! I still have to get very far before I deserve the title of master of mechs.

I did such a small head because I don't have the right pieces to make it bigger, keeping it cool and proportionate |-/ Moreover, I usually build Exo-Force styled mecha, without a proper head :-$

It would seem feet are always one of the best parts of my mecha; must be related to my often wearing big boots for work...

Hehe! Very cool! The colour scheme is very fitting, and the mech looks solidly built, which is always great! The pots are an awesome touch! Fantastic!!

~Peace

You can't imagine how much time it took me to make it solid. I started it to host the big aquazone windshield, and then I had to dismantel and rebuild it at least 3 times before I was satisfied with its shape and solidity both 8-|

Very nice Mech, this one looks great!

The colours all look good, to bad you didn't have enough brown to do a walrus nose.

Great work!

By the way, where is his sailor hat?

Thanks! The sailor hat would have been quite difficult to build, given the rotating feature of the defensive plates ;-)

Very nice, and very accurate. I love the cooking pots, that made me laugh quite loudly (thankfully I'm the only one home), and the overall look and feel of the mech is wonderful, from the design to the colour scheme.

In a word... wow.

Thank you. The pots were a last-added detail, since I felt the legs lacked something...

Sorry for coming to the party late! I'm starting to get the impression that people are trying to highlight that I should have done a mech entry. :-/ First Hinckley does a Fabuland character, to which I whine "but the head is so hard, bla bla bla".... and then you make exactly what I should have done!

Personally, aside from making this look exactly like a Fabuland figure, I think this is perfect, especially your smart choice of weapon. :-D The tusks are a smart solution, and I love the beefy arms and roomy enclosed cockpit. *sweet* The pots are a great idea too! :-P My only complaint is you missed my hat!

I did... even though it does show me up as a pathetic untalented whiner.

Thanks for your positive comments :'-)

As for your impression... I just kept the word I gave you when I posted the Eat me, please! vig.

Very smart! I love that cow; if I was to pick a second favourite fabuland character it would be the cow. (Number three would probably be the elephant.) I have no idea of how you could do Zaphod, but I bet Chuck could think of a way. Great work.

And, expect to see more of these Fabuland in my next MOCs... expecially a certain walrus, a bulldog, and a crocodile I just got from BL

LuxorV

Is there a Walrus mech coming?

I hope we'll soon see a mech from you *y* ;-)

LuxorV

As for your impression... I just kept the word I gave you when I posted the Eat me, please! vig.

Well that's no fun. :-| I want to believe that people are trying to make me look the fool. I want to believe! :'-(

I hope we'll soon see a mech from you *y* ;-)

I do have a half finished transforming mech...

Great job LuxorV! You really have some amazing skill when it comes to mechs! I want to build a mech off someone here but I don't know who, any suggestions? Once again, great job LuxorV! *y* *y* *wub*

Fantastic! :-D VERY creative with the walrus teeth and shovel. Another great "special" *y*

Thanks! It took me a while to figure out which deatails had to be stressed in order to have a nice looking walrus mech, and I had to work a lot to build the rotating teeth right :-$ .

Great job LuxorV! You really have some amazing skill when it comes to mechs! I want to build a mech off someone here but I don't know who, any suggestions? Once again, great job LuxorV! *y* *y* *wub*

You could try SW4J: his sigfig makes for a great inspiration. I'd do it myself, but I think I don't have the right pieces |-/

LuxorV

A great idea with an even better execution. KUTGW!!! *y*

Since the contest is over I thought of starting a seperate topic where all future sigfig-mechs can be posted,

those who haven't made it into the contest. ;-)

Edited by zero1312

Very nice, This is a better mech than most Exo-force, and the Fabuland/Bionicle shovel is also great.

You could try SW4J: his sigfig makes for a great inspiration. I'd do it myself, but I think I don't have the right pieces |-/

LuxorV

I don't have the right pieces either! >:-(

Hmmm....maybe Vader? I don't know, I'm working on alot of Lego projects right now.... X-D

A great idea with an even better execution. KUTGW!!! *y*

Since the contest is over I thought of starting a seperate topic where all future sigfig-mechs can be posted,

those who haven't made it into the contest. ;-)

Thanks for the positive comments.

Ok, great idea *y*

Very nice, This is a better mech than most Exo-force, and the Fabuland/Bionicle shovel is also great.

I just try to do my best :-$ X-D

I don't have the right pieces either! >:-(

Hmmm....maybe Vader? I don't know, I'm working on alot of Lego projects right now.... X-D

*vader* is an interesting subject *y* . I personally would have some problems figuring how to make a good mech-scaled red light saber 8-| .

LuxorV

*vader* is an interesting subject *y* . I personally would have some problems figuring how to make a good mech-scaled red light saber 8-| .

LuxorV

How about the transludent red technic pieces in the Lego Technic Darth Vader set? ;-)

How about the transludent red technic pieces in the Lego Technic Darth Vader set? ;-)

Obviously, that would be perfect... if you own them: I don't! |-/ :-P

So, when will we see it?

LuxorV

So, when will we see it?

LuxorV

Are you asking me? Eh...I don't know, I'm working on a few MOC's currently but I'll try to squeeze in a vader mech! X-D

*vader* on!

Are you asking me? Eh...I don't know, I'm working on a few MOC's currently but I'll try to squeeze in a vader mech! X-D

*vader* on!

Cool, can't wait to see it. :'-)