1 hour ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Oh...Ship upkeep must have been taken out... it should equalize once the MRCA profits are added. Thanks Bart!

but they number isn't in parenthesisses ? it says 188 when I look at the July sheet. 

8 hours ago, Bart said:

but they number isn't in parenthesisses ? it says 188 when I look at the July sheet. 

Hmm... it must be having some spasms then. It had over 700 in parenthesis...  

On 3/9/2018 at 3:14 AM, Phred said:
On 3/8/2018 at 10:28 PM, Drunknok said:

If possible: cool. What does it mean though? Are there upsides or downsides? I simply do not know.

Any builds owned by the settlement would then get that trade company's monopoly bonuses. That is pretty much it.

I was searching rules for monopolies, and came across this. I thought that only builds with the theme of the monopoly would get the bonus? If your TC monopoly was books, only bookstores, printingshops, paper factories, etc would get the bonus, not a apple plantation or a gunshop. 
*does this also mean that all the builds owned by players whom are a memeber of the TC gain the bonus? or only builds owned by the TC?

But can settelement become members of TC's? what about settlements owned/started/mayored by the TC? 

Edited by Bart

1 hour ago, Bart said:

But can settelement become members of TC's? what about settlements owned/started/mayored by the TC? 

The discussion you quoted ended with "settlements can not be TC members", which makes sense.

23 hours ago, Bart said:

Yes they can.  If the settlement ever owns property and that property has a monopoly bonus, then the settlement's property gets a monopoly bonus.  

39 minutes ago, Phred said:

Yes they can.  If the settlement ever owns property and that property has a monopoly bonus, then the settlement's property gets a monopoly bonus.  

Correct. If a settlement is owned by a TC and that TC has a monopoly bonus, the settlement would get the TC monopoly bonus for any properties owned by the settlement. Note that it's not just enough for the mayor of the settlement to be a member of a TC, but the TC must own the settlement. For example, in ESL, Bardo, Weelond, and Salda Este are owned by the MCTC, Pontelli is owned by the ETWC, and Trador is owned by MAESTRO. Other settlements have mayors that belong to these TCs, but the settlements themselves are not part of the TC.

Interesting, because I don't understand who or what decided ownership of a settlement. 
(not held back by any knowledge (I never looked into this untill yesterday) I declared myself the owner and the mayor of Poppy Port :P)

So for a monopoly to be effective the build doesn't need to be owned by the TC at all, as long as it is of the correct subject, the bonus works for all builds owned by the members. 

5 minutes ago, Bart said:

Interesting, because I don't understand who or what decided ownership of a settlement. 
(not held back by any knowledge (I never looked into this untill yesterday) I declared myself the owner and the mayor of Poppy Port :P)

So for a monopoly to be effective the build doesn't need to be owned by the TC at all, as long as it is of the correct subject, the bonus works for all builds owned by the members. 

I think two things are getting conflated here:

- Islands have natural bonuses for certain things. Anybody with an appropriate property can gain the bonus when building on that island.

- Trade companies have monopolies. TC members can gain the monopoly bonus for appropriate builds anywhere.

As for how ownership of a settlement is determined, each faction handles it differently. But for this discussion, the only thing that matters is whether the owner has a monopoly benefit, which is something unique to trade companies.

EDIT: to make clear: Monopolies and Bonuses are two different things entirely.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:50 PM, LM71Blackbird said:

@Captain Genaro / @Phred

Just a reminder about the MRCA profits getting added to the accounts. Thanks a lot guys! :thumbup:

Thank you for the reminder, and the MCRA revenue and expenses are added.

5 minutes ago, Captain Genaro said:

Thank you for the reminder, and the MCRA revenue and expenses are added.

You're welcome and thank you as well!

At what point are the active ships updated? The last MRCA turn is not yet accounted for.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:13 AM, Drunknok said:

At what point are the active ships updated? The last MRCA turn is not yet accounted for.

I'll make sure that is taken care of shortly.

On 7/22/2018 at 11:13 AM, Drunknok said:

Done.

I do not know why, but for some reason one of my ships - the "Nipper" - is showing up with completely wrong stats. Currently listed is: R10, M4, F4, C6, $10, H2.

The correct stats are: R5, M2, F2, C3, $5, H1. I would not mind a class 9+ ship, but not by accident. :wink:

27 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

I do not know why, but for some reason one of my ships - the "Nipper" - is showing up with completely wrong stats. Currently listed is: R10, M4, F4, C6, $10, H2.

The correct stats are: R5, M2, F2, C3, $5, H1. I would not mind a class 9+ ship, but not by accident. :wink:

Oh, it looks like if you somehow license the same vessel with the same stats twice under the same name it ends up adding up the stats... That shouldn't be happening... We had transferred it to you with the AMRCA result. Gonna check what happened exactly...

I remember the correct stats showing up in the Corrington fleet account sheet previously, so I doubt it has something to do with a double-license.

29 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

I remember the correct stats showing up in the Corrington fleet account sheet previously, so I doubt it has something to do with a double-license.

Bwahaha, I think I know what happened. Is it possible that you set your desired stats, went back in the form and picked "change owner of an existing vessel"? Because thats a way I could see this happening

14 hours ago, Drunknok said:

This must be an absolute record, well done! :thumbup:

What record is this? :look: 

@Phred / @Captain Genaro

My account as of August 8th says I have 81 DBs, however I should have 133.50 DBs after July's summary. I keep a strict bookkeeping and would be happy to PM my calculations